Kiki32

Like Skyride?

I found this site that acts as a third party for organizing outdoor activities and such. Check out how much they charge for AFF package. Thats over 1100 dollars more than I paid for mine, plus the name sounds a bit decieving, as it reads "Skydive Certification-AFF license "

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.extremethings.com/www/product/Skydiving-Solo-or-Tandem-Jumps,-Los-Angeles,-Southern-California/cf69d146-60e8-4f9f-9cb8-447798a01631.html

Edit: I just went back and double checked on elsinores website to see how much theyre charging and it was 1762. This site is charging more for just AFF than elsinore charges for the entire A license package!

I wonder if anyone has bought it. :S
Poetry don't work on whores.

Skyride wouldn't give you a location until after they took your money. This website does shows that you would be jumping in Southern CA, and specifially at Elsinore.

I'm not a big fan of these types of websites. If people would let their fingers do the walking in the yellow pages instead of the computer, I think there would be less need for 3rd party booking agents, not to mention the money you should save not using a middle man.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Am I missing something then? Cause I dont see anywhere on that website that says this is for the entire A license. Its just for AFF. But if you go to elsinores website, you'll see that they charge 1762 for AFF.

Them- $2895 for AFF
Elsinore- $1762 for AFF

Is that right?
Poetry don't work on whores.

just called them.. that was a fun phone call. the lady was nice, but she herself was just reading the information off of the website, and wasnt too sure about anything of the program. i was trying to find out how many jumps the price included, and she was saying just the one, with ground training.. but i think she was tlaking about the aff level one only. After talking to her, i come to the conclusion taht that price only includes the level 1-8 and no solos. also from the website.. "After completing the accelerated freefall program you are now ready to pursue your USPA “A” license"
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Am I missing something then? Cause I dont see anywhere on that website that says this is for the entire A license. Its just for AFF. But if you go to elsinores website, you'll see that they charge 1762 for AFF.

Them- $2895 for AFF
Elsinore- $1762 for AFF

Is that right?

I dont know. Neither do you. And apparently neither does their operators! Snore has 2 packages, one for only AFF, one with a post pff package that is about $2850.
Remster

I don't think they're badly ripping people off - I believe that full package is for an A license.

But their inability to distinguish between license and certification is a sign that people may be better off dealing directly with the sport in question. They're not adding any value here as the VAR. Or maybe you could write to them and improve their clarity of their descriptions.