white_falcon

Send My KING AIR home!!

Ok you guys in OHIO, enuff is enuff. Every year you steal out pilot and plane for the month of august and we are reduced to jumping a "dad blamed" cessna (if that) for a solid month.

WE WANT OUR PLANE BACK!!

Signed -- Skydive Tallahassee Jumpers

B|

PS - enjoy, its really too friggen hot to jump and enjoy here anyway :)

form what i understand, the only reason the plane goes away a month a year is so the pilot gets to see family in WV (and he flies on the weekends while he is on "vacation").

Otherwise, he is at HOME in Tallahassee, thank you very much!! :)
You moochers leave our plane and pilot be. :P

Ha,

I remember jumping Bruffey's plane back at CAS (the one true Home). Hope you guys are keeping that plane full and busy! Maybe he'll stay on a few more weeks before that Ohio winter sets in.

For those complaining about the dag-nabbed Cessna...at least you always have it. I am reduced to a rented 206 once a month.

Its all relative.

Billy,

Yep, Thats the plane. You should come down and jump with us (starting Sept 1st any way). :$

It's a bit far for me, and I have a king air to jump at my home DZ, but thanks. :)
Say... isn't the owner that crazy lady? A barred jumper wanted me to ask... ;):)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The tradition of our King Air leaving for the month of August began when the whole DZ would close to go to the WFFC. Not fair to Keep it parked for 2 weeks... not worth the ferrying for just 2 weeks somewhere else.
It's damed hot in Tally in August, the pilot gets to visit family; the DZO gets to run around the country being a regular skydiving customer at other people's DZs & we have just one more excuse for a party when it returns. (like we need an excuse)

the DZO gets to run around the country being a regular skydiving customer at other people's DZs...

Yeah and all the "local" jumpers get to run around to other DZ's and the DZO can't bitch them out about it. :P

You'd better get your money for the rig I took to Deland for you.....sorry we didn't get you asking price but they had close to the same rig at the gear shop and I figured you'd rather sell it than hold on to it. Pretty close though.

fr
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Ah, the King Air. It holds a special place in my heart, as it was the plane I learned to jump out of. I didn't even jump out of a Cessna until I had like 70 jumps, and that was just because I wanted to try something different :)

A few years ago, my DZ got an Otter in addition to the King Air. Now I do almost all of my jumps out of the Otter. The King Air is used mostly for tandems, and the Otter for AFF and fun jumpers.

But if there's ever a problem with the Otter, or not enough room, we can always slum it in the King Air ;) Wow, I just realized how gosh-darn spoiled I am :D

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD