buba07

Worried about pulling!

Hi everyone,

I'm one dummy pul away from my first free fall (RAPS). The last jump I did I started to get a bit worried. Is this normal? Before that I had just totally buzzed doing static lines. Will the first free fall be completely differant? Are these normal feelings?

Thanks.
Thanks

Freefallphil.

Normal? Yep, I'd say so. But afterwards it will feel like one of the biggest accomplishments of your life. Just practice, practice, practice on the ground so that you know where that handle is and when you get up there and ARCH-REACH-PULL it will all happen naturally...

Hi everyone,

I'm one dummy pul away from my first free fall (RAPS). The last jump I did I started to get a bit worried. Is this normal? Before that I had just totally buzzed doing static lines. Will the first free fall be completely differant? Are these normal feelings?

Thanks.

Some students do perfect exits (static-line) and make ... euhm ... less perfect exits when they have to pull for themselves.
And yes it is a normal feeling.

That first freefall during RAPS is one of my all time most axillerating jumps.

There will be similar moments

jumping your own pack job for the first time
first unstable exit
Cat 8 qualifying Jump

ect ect

These are the jumps that motivate us to move on in the sport. Enjoy that feeling...use it to prepare...have a great jump:)

With love in Christ

There will be similar moments

jumping your own pack job for the first time
first unstable exit
Cat 8 qualifying Jump

Oddly enough I didn't have my first "unstable" exit until somewhere around jump 40 or so. I got out of the plane and went into a tumble for about 8 seconds. All I can attribute it to is some crazy turbulence. I was 100% aware and calm the entire time, but I was thinking "What the hell?". After about 8 seconds I went stable. :S:P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Oddly enough I didn't have my first "unstable" exit until somewhere around jump 40 or so. I got out of the plane and went into a tumble for about 8 seconds. All I can attribute it to is some crazy turbulence. I was 100% aware and calm the entire time, but I was thinking "What the hell?". After about 8 seconds I went stable. :S:P

S.I.T. (self induced turbulence)? :P