nanobyte

Awesome skydiving HDTV demo...

It's called Adrenaline Rush and available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

Here is a direct download link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/9/20907788-993F-4EF6-8D75-F0DD93207FB8/AdrenalineRush_720.exe

It's a huge download but worth every megabyte... :)

You should see it in an IMAX theater. Talk about awesome.

Oh I have the DVD plus a very unique version of this movie after sneaking a ######### into the Kansas City IMAX theater. So I do not need to download it. But thanks anyway ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Me and my friend mark decided that going to Six Flags (Illinois) was a good idea before we tried this skydiving thing. I had never really rode roller coasters or anything like that before. I was always too afraid of heights. Well adrenaline rush was playing there. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

Not long after that we went skydiving, I stuck with it, he didn't. The next year I actually got to meet and jump with at least one of the people who are in that movie. The next time I went with some skydivers to see it at the Milwaukee Domed IMAX I had been skydiving for a few years. The up close freeflying scenes felt awesome. It was almost like I was there jumping with them.

It looks pretty damn cool in bigger than life size! :)

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Yeah, I like the narrators overly "epic" sounding voice..haha
The base footage was the best though for sure. I like the part where they are looking out of the plane "planning" their dive..haha What a staged shot.
The really could have used more skydiving footage I though. Probably only 4 minutes or less in the whole video.

Here are the BASE jumping highlights from the film in decent quality:
http://stage6.divx.com/Interactif/video/1138036/IMAX-K2-Compilation:-Adrenaline-Rush-&-Skydance

Note: you'll need the divx plugin, and you may download the divx file by clicking on the button to the right of the play button.
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me and say, "you're next". They stopped when i started doing it to them at funerals.