Auryn

What has happened?

as my 10 years involved in skydiving approaches, I have to ask myself.. what has happened to this sport?

looking back on a bit of history, I found this pic that exemplifies the happy, go lucky family vibe that I found when I first started jumping-It makes things GREAT!
http://www.cofc.edu/~wraggj/images/Idaho-XX.jpg

however, now a days I find that things are not this way.. there are too many egos to feed. And I'm only 28, now saying "now a days... yada." this is BAD!

WTF????

this is an official call to get back to those fun-loving days!!! get out, jump, and just have a good f-ing time!

Bryan and oh will someone make the pic clicky? thanks to darkwing for the photo

In the beginning skydiving is brand new and exciting in a way that changes the longer you spend in the sport. I think what changes more than the sport, is the participant who's perspective changes with experience. The new kids may fly funny, or look different, but to THEM skydiving is the same as it was for US when we started. I think understanding that perspective is the key to longevity in the sport. Gear changes, flying changes, even the atmosphere does change to some degree. But the people are still the heart and soul of the sport, and if y'all can't make skydiving fun there is something WRONG with you. All I do anymore is tandems, and I don't stay up and party all night like I used to. (I even quit drinking!:o) But skydiving is still as fun as it ever was, maybe looking from a slightly different vantage point.

Obviously what happened was the guy in the extreme bottom left. Shaved, "respectable" haircut, muscled, clean shirt and looks employed. When people started letting that sort of degenerate in, what did they expect to happen?

:D

Interesting you should pick him out. He had a troubled life, and has been dead for a few years now. Yes, he was a degenerate, but a lovable one. Now that I look closely, four of those guys are dead, only one of them by skydiving, and he was arguably the best skydiver of the entire group.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

WTF in deed! That picture is 30 years old!

I havent seen so many dirty hippies since last time I watched Woodstock!:ph34r:

Why is the guy on the right wearingf Jocks on his head and why does he have his shorts hitched so high:D:D:D.
I was a teenager whenthat was taken and it was never cool to do that:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?