thepaintballguy

Just flew commercial for the first time....

... since i started jumping and let me tell you I DO NOT LIKE LANDING WITH THE PLANE ANYMORE!!!! LOL

I kept sitting there in the plane just waiting to hear the word "DOOR" and then seeing people jump out but it never happened. LOL The guy sitting next to me was nervous when we started to land so to strike a conversation I told him I had to get used to landing again to with the plane. He looked at me with a really weird look (Which was expected) and I said yeah, I am used to jumping from the plane at 13K feet and landing on my own. He was surprised and was like, "you really do that?"

IDK I am pretty sure I am addicted! LOL

Just thought I would share that.

Josh
Q: Why would someone ever want to jump from a perfectly good airplane?

A: Why Not?

I've gotten dirty looks before from other passengers when my hands start touching invisible EP handles.:D

The brave ones will ask, and I start the whole 'yes I jump out of a plane for fun' spiel.

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

:D:D:D

Nope, never done that. Although, I get confused when I see the seats. I never know what to do with them.

(Can you tell I'm from a Cessna DZ?)
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

>The brave ones will ask, and I start the whole 'yes I jump out of a plane for fun' spiel.

I think most skydivers go through three phases:

"I hope they ask!" (often associated with much wearing of skydiving T-shirts and carrying about of rigs without gear bags)

"I don't really care if they ask." Comes after the first 50 or so explanations of what you do.

"I kinda hope they don't ask." (generally goes along with putting rig in gearbag, wearing of normal clothing, asking the other passenger what _they_ do etc.)

It'll only get worse! I've flown commercial about 20 times since I started jumping and I swear I need to get a script for valium.

Maybe you should take a look at the fatality stats for skydiving and commercial aviation. If you want to arrive alive, you're over 1,000 times more likely to do so in an airliner than under a parachute.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>The brave ones will ask, and I start the whole 'yes I jump out of a plane for fun' spiel.

"I hope they ask!" (often associated with much wearing of skydiving T-shirts and carrying about of rigs without gear bags)

"I don't really care if they ask." Comes after the first 50 or so explanations of what you do.

"I kinda hope they don't ask." (generally goes along with putting rig in gearbag, wearing of normal clothing, asking the other passenger what _they_ do etc.)

I went straight to stage 3,
Dont ask and dont tell.
The less they know the better for me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After three trips this year, I'm at stage 3. To think, I've got at least three more trips to go. Two of them involve long distance flights, mind you.

Sometimes, it's better to listen to others talk. While grabbing the invisible handles, of course.:)

I do remember one flight into Salt Lake City, Utah, when I was riding in the cockpit with the pilots. We turned on a long final over my old DZ out in Cedar Valley. I looked down at the familiar old runway, buildings and landing area where I made my first 1000 jumps and just had a huge instinctual urge to jump out.

I mentioned to the captain that I made a bunch of jumps right there. He gave me one of those "Oh no, you're one of those skydivers" kind of comments. :D

I didn't bring it up again.:P

Flew into Kalamazoo today for work... fucking pilot woke me up by landing the damn aircraft.... how dare him....

I do sometimes think, if this plane broke up in mid flight, and I was thrown free from the cabin concious... would I fly on my head or in a sit?

i would fly around to other falling passengers and dock.. if I'm lucky , maybe i can get a three way going or something :D
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

----------------------------------------------------

I went straight to stage 3,
Dont ask and dont tell.
The less they know the better for me.

I went straight to step 3 too. I never understood people that try to show off that they skydive. When i'm on a commercial jet the last thing i try to do is draw attention to myself as a skydiver.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

LMAO i can totally relate! i went on a domestic flight afew weeks ago for the first time sence starting skydiving and was so excited seeing the clouds pass by, and the blue sky open up above us~~ and then...i relised our cruising altitude was 40,000 ... baaaad idea to jump from a hieght like that w/o Oxygen... or a parachute for that matter XD

but as such, skydiving has opened up a whole new love for being in a plane...so long as i can get out of it with the ground a fair distance away (lol) ;)

My first commercial flight after I began jumping was with my wife. Evidently I was visibly "uncomfortable" during take-off and climb to altitude. After about 10 minutes I felt a hand on my leg and turned to see my concerned wife ask "What is bothering you?"

"This is the first time in over a hundred plane rides I haven't had a parachute and a way to get out of the plane" I said.

I was surprised how attached I had become to having a safety exit. (It was also the first commercial flight I had taken as an adult) I have flown many times now on a commercial plane and don't feel nervous but I still feel more comfortable in a jump plane with a rig on my back. :)