tdog

Does the Sabre 2 (NOT SABRE 1) have a safety problem on openings?

>I've also done extensive amounts of line stowing experiments. Not just one or 2 jumps , but entire jumping seasons.

I've only done 100-150 or so jumps with out anything more then the locking stows done but on 4 or 5 different canopies I'm yet to see a difference in the openings. Now if I let the slider move down an inch... look out B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have about 100 jumps on my last Sabre2 (210) and just upgraded (downsized) to a 190 (also a sabre2) and have a couple dozen jumps on the new one so far.

Occasional off heading openings is as bad as it gets. I've never experienced a hard opening on either one.
__

My mighty steed

I had a similar experience to weegegirl's. Jumped a Sabre 2 120 over Labor Day weekend to check it out and maybe purchase. I thought it broke my neck. Luckily, just severe whiplash that put me out of work for 6 weeks, with some lingering discomfort. Last year, I demo'd a Sabre 2 135, and loved it-- perfect, soft openings every time.

The 120 had been packed by paid packers from parts unknown. I won't be making that mistake again. [:/]

Both my teammate and I have been slammed by the Sabre2. He had about 3 hard openings between 400 and 450 jumps on his canopy. He packed the same for the previous 600 jumps, however the canopy started acting up at 400 jumps. I have a sabre2 170 with just over 400 jumps on it. Last month I got slammed while jumping with my camera(250 camera jumps). I could not move my neck for one week, and could not jump for 4. I have not jumped with the camera due to neck problems. To avoid opening issues until my icarus arrives, I now roll the nose. Better to snivel than slam!!! Be careful as I have heard similar storries about sabre2's

He packed the same for the previous 600 jumps, however the canopy started acting up at 400 jumps.

Did yall check your line trim?

ANY canopy will start opening like shit when it starts going out of trim. You may not notice any difference in flight, but it could very well cause slammer openings.

I don't understand people who try to push their linesets to the ragged edge of trim specs, life is better if the canopy is properly maintained.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Never had a hard opening with my sabre2 135 loaded 1.35. Always great openings, a bit out of head (but maybe it's a packjob problem..), but always very good. Not too fast, not too slow (I don't like very slow openings like safire2, spectre, velocity etc..). I like very much my sabre2
Andrea "Fast" Scaramuzza
http://www.fastsky.org

I had one hard opening on mine, 17th jump on it I think. However, I have attributed it to my still being partly in a track when I threw out.

Aside from that one time, I have really soft, long snivel, collapased end cell openings pretty much without fail every single time.

PcCoder.net

I own a sabre2 170, I have put about 60 jumps on it. I have had one brisk opening, but I am pretty sure that it was due to sloppy packing on my part. The rest of the openings have been slow and soft usually ending with end cell closure on both sides, but that really isn't a big deal.