pkasdorf

How old were you when you started skydiving?

I wonder if I am eligible for the Dinosaur Award? Is there anyone else who was older than 52 when they started and went on to get their 'D' license? I'm just four jumps away from that milestone. I hope to have it by next Saturday.

Most women start much younger and stop skydiving by the time they are my age.

I too was 52. Got the "D", competed at Nationals (got a bronze), joined the big way circuit (TSR-150 way being most recent), now flying a wingsuit. Will compete at Nationals again this year (16-way).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I wonder what DZO's are really doing these days to target High school seniors and young people? Logically, those are the people who will become the next generation of skydivers...

Given that kids in High School or just out of High School don't tend to have a lot of disposable income that they could spend for instruction and gear, I'm not sure that's really the best group to be targetting.
I'd say the best target would be single, young adults with jobs. Jobs meaning they have money and single meaning they probably aren't spending that money on a wife, kids, and mortgage yet.

I was 50. Did a tandem to celebrate my birthday. That was 4 years ago. Didn't plan to get hooked, it just happened. I sucked at golf which is kind of why I took up skydiving, I didn't suck as much at skydiving.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

first jump was when i was 39...........

best thing i ever tried......

===============================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"