pkasdorf

How old were you when you started skydiving?

I don't really have any regrets about starting when I did. I'm not sure how much I would have stuck with it 10 or 20 years ago.

I'm pretty certain I'd be dead now if I had started jumping 20 odd years ago. I was bloody reckless in my youth:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

did my first jump on the the first load on my 16th birthday had a bit of tunnel time befor ethat from when i was like 13 aswell

my cosine did his first jump at 12 and a friend of mine when i was little traveled to belgim or somehwere to jump when he was 8 but got in the doorway and changed his mind
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

I wonder if I am eligible for the Dinosaur Award? Is there anyone else who was older than 52 when they started and went on to get their 'D' license? I'm just four jumps away from that milestone. I hope to have it by next Saturday.

Most women start much younger and stop skydiving by the time they are my age.

Hey there ms. dinosaur: started at 54, taking my time, have a long way to 500 jumps, but watch out...

Hey there Ms. Dinosaur: started at 54, taking my time, have a long way to 500 jumps, but watch out...

Catch me if you can! As of 07/21/07, I earned my 'D' license. B| And that was less than three years after earning my 'A' license. :) I'll gladly hand the award over. ;) I'd love to welcome you to the sorority!

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

OK, on a total of 304 votes here are the gross numbers:

+ Nearly 70% do it before age 30

+ An additional near 20% do it in the next decade

+ Near 10% do it in the next one

+ Near 5% do it with 50 or more. My sincere admiration to those who do!;)

Thank you all for voting and participating!!!

B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

I was 50 and now have 500+ jumps at 56 -- and feel like I'm getting younger every jump...

Boy, not me... I'm sore everywhere, and I need surgery on both rotator cuffs... B| I'm trying to put it off until the jump season is over. :)
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I think I probably just have a high tolerance for pain. Since February I have torn the cartilege in my knee (from laying hardwood floors in my house) and I have fractured my foot in 2 places (from 4-wheeling), but I have continued to jump. I've perfected the butt-slide and have been told that it looks like I do "touch and go's" on landing. I prefer to call it "butt swooping"...

I made a Tandem at 25, Licensed at 27.

Sometimes I think "Geez I wish I'd have started when I was 18, do you know how good I would be by now?"

But when I realistically think about my life at 18, I wasn't ready then and may not have lived to be a 28 year old skydiver :S

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.