musika

DB Cooper

I used to think he drowned in the river, since some of his money was found there. Then I watched a TV special about another guy in Utah who tried to do the same hi-jacking. He landed safely (with the cash) but was arrested days later and sent to the slammer. He escaped from prison and was eventually killed when they tried to capture him. The figured it may have been D.B. Cooper. Interesting guy. He was former Special Forces in Vietnam and flew a helicopter for the Utah National Guard. He was also a good Morman who taught Sunday School.....Steve1

:)
Now now Bill, I'm gonna tell CSPA on you :P (...not)

I watched Point Break last night on DVD after my work and studies were done.

Did you know that after the botched bank robbery when dude is all bleeding in the plane and halfway dead, Bodi tells the pilot to take it to 4000 ft? Why, you say...

...because it's a "safe jump altitude"

Bwahahaha. Thought you might get a kick outta that one.

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

you want to bash that movie and you pick THAT part of it ???

bwahahahahaha

Well, if you know anything of Bill Cole's history at all you'll understand the gag.

He's done high stuff. He's done really low stuff (...from a plane). And, he comes by the nickname Chuteless for a very good reason.

As for the REST of the movie, it's ...ummm...entertaining. Hey, a bad skydiving move is better than no skydiving movie at all - as a whuffo I was impressed :o, but now I know better (and it IS better)

So there. :P

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I might just have enough left to buy the beer.....even though I dont drink the stuff. I still have the taste of that damn river in my mouth.B|B|

That's what I thought;). How tall are you? Where were you on the night in question.:D:D

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

shortly after that night in question, a reporter wrote a story for publication titled " How I Would Hijack An Airliner For $200,000.00, and Get Away With It" by Bill cole as told to ----------. He presented it to several publishers....not one would touch it.

He took photos of me at an American Airlines ticket counter, with a parachute on my back and holding a ticket, and another photo buying flight insurance.

He took a photo in which I wore duplicate clothing ( at least I think it was duplicate) wearingsunglasses, a narrow tie, balding front of head....exactly like the FBI drawing.

Anyhow,...I'm 6'-2" and the same build etc as Mr. C.B|B|

He who laughs last.....probably has the money LOL LOL

Hey, a bad skydiving move is better than no skydiving movie at all

For the kids out there that never saw a good skydiving movie,get a copy of The Gypsy Moths.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Hey even old folks like me can appreciate the canopies we jumped in our youth. I took theGypsy Moths Movie out to the DZ on a less than jumpable day... I got to answer LOTS of questions about the old gear ... and the making of the movie of it.... "The Skydivers" on the DVD is very good.
I still want to find a servicible Church Window PC to jump just for grins... It looked very similar to my old Papillion that was my first sport canopy.

Jeanne

When DBC jumped with all that money, I was quite often at the DZ at Parkman Ohio. One day I walked into the clubhouse, and a group of jumpers were talking about me being DBCooper. One held up a drawing left there by the FBI, and he put the drawing beside my face and said " Yep, that him alright"

I took the drawing and turned it upside down and said," I dont look anything like him"

They were sure I was the man........????????? and only me and God knows.

I fully expected an FBI agent to come to see for himself, but that never happened....whew:ph34r::ph34r:;);)

I still want to find a servicible Church Window PC to jump just for grins... It looked very similar to my old Papillion that was my first sport canopy.

Jeanne

I still recall the Church Window color pattern....Very nice. My PC was solid red. Fred Sands and I had the only two red ones in the state, back in the olden days. Bought it new for $300. I wish the hell I hadn't sold it.....Steve1

Did you see the article in November Parachutist yet? Packed full of lots of stuff I didn't know about DB's famous jump. It was of course written from a skydivers prospective. Check it out when you get a chance!
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth

Hey guys, next month is the anniversary of DB Cooper's jump. Do you think he survived - or not?

I highly recommend the book "DB Cooper - the real McCoy." Bernie Rhodes and Russell Calame make a compelling case that "Dan Cooper" was, in fact, one Richard Floyd McCoy Jr, who was killed in a shootout with Federal authorities while an escapee from prison. He was given a 45 year sentence for a subsequent hijacking, which was similar enough to the first to seem like a repeat performance rather than a copycat crime.

Amazon has it for pretty steep prices; I was able to find it some time back

Blue skies,

Winsor

Pittsburgh must be one of the lucky areas that gets it sooner. I would gladly trade this to live in Southern California or Florida with nice jumping weather year round.
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth

DAMN!!

You all are making me want to do some serious web surfing looking for info. I saw the movie with Treat Williams and an A&E special about DB. Now I want to know more.:S
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2