steveorino

How many jumps before your SCR?

At my dz we tried for a couple of months...always had 7 and the 8th was somewhere in space. I'm deployed so I can't check my log book, but I thinkI got my first one around jump# 175. Instead of 8 we had 10 and I was the 10th one in, got my SCR & SCS in the same jump.

Someone mentioned video of one. I have video of one, I'll be back in two weeks I'll send a link to it. The one I mentioned above I was flying video with it. I stayed in the camera spot until is was an 8-way, then I closed in on position 10. The 8-way held for about 15 seecond and the 10-way was for about 6 seconds. It was an awesome jump, now I want hte Night SCR.
Brad

...I loved when you were trying to DRAG me around the sky on one of our jumps together last year! ;)

:$:$
I've since learned to get my legs out, Jim.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...I loved when you were trying to DRAG me around the sky on one of our jumps together last year! ;)

I've since learned to get my legs out, Jim.

I bet it was fun to watch...two big, old guys, trying to figure out 'who was lead' in that dance! :ph34r:

We did get a lot better the SECOND time though! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Christ ...they'll let anyone into college! Even me and Twardo. Seems like a few of us were right on down there on the ACE dive I was on, too. I wasn't the first one open when I got mine, but I wasn't quite the last one either. ACE-82

One of my big regrets was not getting my ACE patch. I was on the first and second one ever built, but never sent in for it.

I did wear my SCR and SCS patches with pride though. I gave that jump suit to a friend, years ago, and never got it back. I wish I still had those patches. I'd sew them on my jump suit today.

I got both the SCR and SCS a few days apart, back in about "73". We often rented a DC-3 or twin beech from the Missoula Smoke Jumpers, to make an attempt. I had around 70 jumps when I earned both of them.

Being a skinny bastard I had a lot of chances to get my SCS. Those were the days of combat relative work. I can't even count all the formations we tried to build, that were taken out by inexperienced people.

It was mostly fun, interrupted by moments of terror. Like going way too low, or trying to land a round in 25 knots of wind. But hey, that was all part of the game back then[:/]....Steve1

What, you can get something for this? I was getting mad at myself for my own skydiving performance when someone told me that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I did a 4-point 8-way on my 52nd jump with a free fly exit. I would've made someone sign my logbook or something if I knew it was worth something. I was proud of myself but didn't think there was something noteworthy in it other than to myself.

What, you can get something for this? I was getting mad at myself for my own skydiving performance when someone told me that I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I did a 4-point 8-way on my 52nd jump with a free fly exit. I would've made someone sign my logbook or something if I knew it was worth something. I was proud of myself but didn't think there was something noteworthy in it other than to myself.

That would qualify you for the Double Eagle award, but I don't know if USPA still offers them. I got every RW award from USPA in the mid 90's. I had my logbook signed for every jump until I had my D license at 200, and still got signatures for some jumps, but for the last 600+ jumps, I've logged each jump but never had them signed. No need to.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban