ncfitzge

Tube exit

funny that I was watching a video the other day with tube jumps.
try to look for Joao Tambor at Youtube.com; he has a video there where he jumps with other guys too.
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

The first person lies on their back, lower legs hanging out the edge of the door. Second person must grab the leg straps of the first, with their head down, back facing out the door. Third person grabs leg straps of second, allowing first person to grab leg straps of the third.

For a side door plane, it is wise to do a 3 person tube before trying it with four, easy to get slammed into the upper edge of the door. Side by side tubes are done by interlocking arms (good fun for tailgate planes)

It is a lot of fun, each position feels very different on exit. If you all let go of the same L or R grip, you will flatten out to a donut, maybe on your back. B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

For a side door plane, it is wise to do a 3 person tube before trying it with four, easy to get slammed into the upper edge of the door. Side by side tubes are done by interlocking arms (good fun for tailgate planes)

I've been in a 6 way tube (2 crosslinked 3 way tubes) out of the side door of a Grand Caravan. A huge amount of fun!B| It stayed very stable for quite a few thousand feet, but when it broke apart it was pretty violent;) Good stuff:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They're a blast, but make sure everyone's gear is freefly friendly. I had to let go of a 3-way tube once because I had both a main flap and a reserve flap waving in the breeze in my face. :S

Also, especially if you go bigger, make sure to have a "when this all goes to shit" plan .... because it will. Seeing how far you scatter is part of the fun.:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Check out the view from the person lying on the floor (me)...
4way tube out of an otter 3 days ago :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxeASR-R7o

My legs hanging out the door, first person grab my pants, second person grab his pants, third person grab 2nd person pants and I grab third person pants.
First person (the one grabing me) rolls forward and pulls out the rest of us. So, Im on the floor looking up with 3 people standing on top of me. Ohhh, the first guy grabs me AFTER hes been grabbed so he dont falls. And they have to keep their heads low during exit....
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

nice footage
we do it holdinging by the ankles instead of legstraps, that way the wheel gets 'open' and u dont have the other guy butt in ur face :P

Aha! that's precisely what I was thinking. We did a bunch today using the leg straps but I was wondering if ankles would work. seems like it would make the wheel open up better.

I've see 8 and 12-way interlocking tubes lauched from a Twin Otter.

I even once saw a "13-way" tube, which consisted of a 12-way interlocking tube with a little gal lieing in the middle, launched form a Twin Otter.

;)

Tubes are a lot of fun, but require a good dirt dive and jam-up practice on the ground so everyone knows what to do once in the airplane & so they don't kick or pull anyone's handles by mistake... :S... hard helmets and AADs are a good thing to have if going tubular too... ;)

Anyone ever launch a 6-way tube? We did it by having 2 3-way tubes exit linked. I wish I had video of it but it was just complete insanity once we were out the door.

me and one of my bestest buds, it was jump #100 for both of us. 6-way tube out of an otter. that jump was not just a milestone but a whole lot of fun. I would post the video but man it's embarasing :D at one point another one of my most favorite bros that was on the jump with, docked on me and kissed me in my mouthB| fucked up my whole 100th jump video:D one of the other
instructors slapped me in the nuts right before exit too..

whenever we feel the need to laugh hysterically we just play that video.

sick shit!! good times!!

we had dome some 3 and 4 way tubes previous that jump all equally fun, great exit.

also we did a 6-way tube out of the skyvan at skyfest this year with a bunch of fuckos we had never even met before we got on the plane. fun as all hell..
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Tube exit is definitely fun as hell. We did a 5 way tube out of a caravan recently. It was so awesome. I think we were too set on holding on tight though because the tube didn't really open up well. We eneded up letting go because it wasnt opening up. I guess we need to not stay balled up after exit?

We were holding on by leg straps, not ankles.

Launched loads of 8way tubes from a BN Islander, dont know why but over the years the tube seemed to have died out.

One bit of advice, have a mix of boys an girls as it's always nicer shoving your head into a girls crutch B|:D:D

Gone fishing