skydivermom

How many jumps did you have...

My two jump buddies got me right after we got down...

p.s. dont leave the shirt you used to wipe off the whipped cream in the trunk for over a week, the smell will knock you down when you open the trunk again :)
-Rainier

Sparks Brother #1 // "I vaguely heard someone yell "wait!" but by that point i was out the door." Quote from dz.com somewhere

Before you got pied for your 100th?
Seriously, how long did you have to wait?

Getting pied for your 100th is like wearing a cap and gown for graduating Kindergarten.

Cupcake it up if you must. But pies are for having 3 or more zeros, not 2.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My s/o was never pied for his 100th, so I pied him around jump number 785 - I had to get it in before 800, cause that's not pieable.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Before you got pied for your 100th?

Getting pied for your 100th is like wearing a cap and gown for graduating Kindergarten.

Cupcake it up if you must. But pies are for having 3 or more zeros, not 2.

Would you please tell that to the people at my dz?[:/][:/]
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Hell, I've never been pied. Maybe that shows how many friends I have.[:/] On my 100th jump another jumper messed the lines up on my para-commander after doing a demo into a University Oval, but there was no pie throwing....Even greenhorns did demos back in the day. I don't recall seeing anyone getting pied though. Sometimes other practical jokes were played....Steve1

I got pied at 120 jumps for my 100th.

My friend Woolly got pied within seconds, maybe one second, of landing from his 1000th.

And then he was attacked with pies again 20 minutes later

Then he was attacked with pies again a few hours later...

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2970

Maybe we need pie rules, similar to beer rules.

On your multiple pie-ing; my interpretation of the rules (if they existed) would be that all pies delivered within the same calendar day, or within a continuous 24 hour period, whichever allows for the longest pie-ing, are considered to be a single pie-ing episode.

One of you legal types want to review that for me?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Jumps? Ha, count the years! I was told by a good friend, who has been in this sport way, waaaaaaay longer than I, that a pie has no expiration date, and the longer you put it off, the worse it's gonna get. Just ask Peanut from Alabama. :ph34r:

Anyway, I did my 100th with Sunshine and Sarge at Skydive Chicago on May 3rd, 2003.

The pie caught up with me at the Dublin Boogie this year, March 16th, 2007 I believe. That's 3 years 10 months and 13 days, I think.

Sometime, some day, it will catch up with you.

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Jumps? Ha, count the years! I was told by a good friend, who has been in this sport way, waaaaaaay longer than I, that a pie has no expiration date, and the longer you put it off, the worse it's gonna get. Just ask Peanut from Alabama. :ph34r:

Anyway, I did my 100th with Sunshine and Sarge at Skydive Chicago on May 3rd, 2003.

The pie caught up with me at the Dublin Boogie this year, March 16th, 2007 I believe. That's 3 years 10 months and 13 days, I think.

Sometime, some day, it will catch up with you.

It all depends on who remembers , Jim. :)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Pied for 100??. when did we start with that. I got pied for my 1000 2000 and 5000th.

Um - I've seen it done my entire carreer. Although, for my 100th, since we were in a field in the middle of BFE, with no stores nearby, they improvised and doused me with buckets of cold water - In October - in Ontario, after sunset.

Repeatedly.

On the day it happened, to answer the original question.
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

About five minutes.

Although, I had a teammate who hadn't ever been pied, and we got him after he had 3,000+ jumps. We pied our DZO after he'd done over 10,000 jumps and been jumping for 40+ years, because he'd never been pied.

Just make a "idle" comment... someone will get you eventually.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Pie for the 100th was a long standing tradition already when I did My first Jump in Aug 73.
Usually the next pie was 1000, 2000 so on and so on.

Other places have had various different traditions but 100 always seems to be something special and worth making a big deal about.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

You should you were there. (See attachment)

Glad to see the Alzheimer's hasn't cut in yet. :D

And as an aside, Pieing for 100 does not dilute the tradition, rather it helps the newbies along, I think. Lots more folks make it to 100 than to 1000, but the more we include the young ones in our traditions, the more likely they are to continue.

-My two cents, anyway....

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

Sucker!!!! You will now!!!

I was pied near 500 for my 100th...For years I refused to pie anyone. Everyone asked me "why?". I told them that "I wasn't allowed to..."They asked "Why not?"...I said "it's against the rules...they asked "why?"...I said "I can't tell you why..." they asked "why not?"...I said "it's against the rules..."

Finally someone figured it out and I got it BAD!!!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Got pied for my 500th. The only pie I ever administered was to a great lady who had been in the sport for a long time and had never been pied. She called me up on a Wednesday and told me it was the 20th anniversary of her first jump. She wanted to go out to the DZ and do 4-way, so off I went. At the end of the day, we planned an elaborate pieing. We handed her a brown paper bag that we told her was a "gift". Video guy in front filming the "gift" opening. I came in like a gazelle from behind taking long fast quiet strides and smacked her square with a pie on video. She was completely surprised, never saw it coming. Inside the bag was a warm damp towel. :)

Got pied for my 500th.

SACRILEGE!!!!! (I'm not a speller)

SACRILEGE!!!!!

How's the ankle?
I'll likely do my 3000th tomorrow, sorry we couldn't coordinate your 1K with my 3K.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants