bbarnhouse

Warren Miller "Epic Conditions"

"Epic Conditions" will be filming in Eloy April 14-18. The list of skydivers includes some members of Dropzone.com!:)
The film is primarily weather based, and will include footage of what happens when a skydiver gets caught up in a dust devil. (It ain't pretty!)
I'll keep you posted as to the release date. This is going to be good!:)

All of my life I have been thinking.........If I could just afford to ski a few more days a year maybe some day I will get in a Warren Miller movie.

Now it looks like I have to feel that way about skydiving too........Damn you Warren Miller;)
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

The Warren Miller flicks normally make there rounds sometime in the Fall right before snow season. The showings are always fantastic and fun! :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

There will be a CRW camp going on then. Maybe they can fly a 9-way diamond into a dust devil for the film. That would certainly demonstrate some "Epic Conditions".

Kevin

I can't say I have ever been unhappy with a Warren Miller flick. I have been thinking of a way to imitate his style with a skydiving movie, but its quite a bit of work.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If this is the same "Epic Conditions" as I'm thinking of, it's a half-hour show on "The Weather Channel":
http://press.weather.com/index.php/press_releases/146.html

I've seen a few, and they're well done and interesting - but it's certainly not a "movie". :-)

Thanks for the notice - looking forward to this one, of course....

I've seen a few, and they're well done and interesting - but it's certainly not a "movie". :-)

I stand corrected...short film;)
I watch his work on the Discovery channel so to me it is a movie....but again you are correct:)
As to the participants...well I'll let them tell you as its their thunder;)
Oh look! Thunder...thats epic too:P:P:P

Warren blows chunks . . . And he always has.

He sounds like an moronic AM radio DJ, that's not celebrating you, but using you, to make a buck and sure you can fly, but let's not show the ass over tea kettle landings . . .

Don't be lead around by the nose.

He's a glory hound cheerleader!

NickD :)BASE 194

He sounds like an moronic AM radio DJ, that's not celebrating you, but using you, to make a buck and sure you can fly, but let's not show the ass over tea kettle landings . . .

He won't be using anyone.;)

Don't be lead around by the nose

Me lead around by the nose? Bwahhhhhhhh thanks for the laugh at that one Nick!

Perhap he is I really wouldn't know. What I do know is that there will be some very good skydivers who happen to like his films, and are looking forward to the project.:)

So go make a better movie.

Well of course you are entitled to your opinion......even if it is way ,way off!!

Yes Warren Miller movies are some what watered down these days. They dont have tons and tons of action with lots of hard rock background music. But that is not what Warren Miller is about.

The Warren Miller movies are the official start of the ski season. For many people its not just about the movie its about going to see it and getting rowdy with a bunch of other skiers who are all jonesing to get on some snow. His movies are about that same spirit.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I can't say I have ever been unhappy with a Warren Miller flick. I have been thinking of a way to imitate his style with a skydiving movie, but its quite a bit of work.

I have in the last few weeks seen a few different Warren Miller movies that have been on TV in HD. He has some awesome footage and I love the way he put the footage together. I would love to see his work on a skydiving movie.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

That explains the line I heard in the last movie, something about "if you don't go this year, your just gonna be another year older when you do". Or something like that, White Magic if I remember right. He must be deep in his eighties and at least three or four heart attacks by now.

That explains the line I heard in the last movie, something about "if you don't go this year, your just gonna be another year older when you do". Or something like that, White Magic if I remember right. He must be deep in his eighties and at least three or four heart attacks by now.

I think that quote is in every movie.