Anvilbrother

Pug double tandem

That must be the guy I'd seen a segment on some news show about. It was several years ago but as I recall, the "animal people" observed the dog on the ground and while jumping. They determined that it was "cruelty", to leave the dog on the ground when his master went jumping.They concluded that the dog thoroughly enjoyed skydiving, it was being done safely and when the dog was left on the ground, he experienced health-threatening emotional stress. A representative from one of the animal organizations (I believe she was from the Humane Society or SPCA) appeared with him and testified to their findings, showed video clips of the investigation process and gave him their blessings.

> but there's no question about it being stupid, self-serving, and irresponsible.

No more so than putting a sled dog in a harness and making him run, or putting him in the back of a pickup and driving on a freeway, or firing a shotgun two feet from him then having him retrieve a bird full of lead, or having him harass sheep, bulls and cows, or having them hunt boar. Heck, some militaries and rescue units jump with dogs - it's a way to get search animals into otherwise unapproachable areas. During WWII some dogs even jumped alone.

Dogs are animals with likes and dislikes, like most other animals. Some dogs like riding in the backs of trucks, skydiving, pulling sleds, swimming underwater and some don't. One would hope the owner could read the animal well enough to know what it likes and what it doesn't. In any case the owner is a better person to make the call than people on an internet site.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=parachuting+dogs

http://wiki.wwiionline.com/index.php/Parachuting_Dogs

LOL, I know about a simillar story where a jumper took a cat (not his cat, jus 'a' cat) on a jump with him. He jumped, the cat dug it's claws into the jumper and when he landed it ran off like a bullet. :)

Can you imagine being the cats' owner?
"...I don't know, he got one day and when I came home from work he was climbing on the screen door. Once I let him in he never even went near the front door again. He barely comes out from under the bed.":D
My photos

My Videos

chickens probably like it too :)

Saw a video of a couple guys taking a chicken for a jump. They tied the chicken legs together and passed the rope in freefall. The chicken landed with one of the guys and she was allright, but I dont think she like it too much.
Searching for the video, I found this other chickens jumping....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHouexGUog
HISPA #93
DS #419.5