FlyinDawg

30,000 ft jump...

What the others said.

Just FYI, only one deaf skydiver has ever done it. Alan Thompson of England did his jump a week after we all were at Perris for the 2003 Deaf World Record. It's up on our website: http://www.deafskydivers.org/Profiles/AlanThompson/Album/Halo03/HiAlt.htm

Davis, California is a long way from home, dude. Better start saving money now. ;)

Oh wait a minute, is Mike Mullins still doing them at his DZ east of Memphis, TN, anybody???

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's a lot less effort to get to 22-24k (B license, under $100). Having done one of those, I'm not sure I'd ever bother with the much greater effort (at least for Skydance) to do the full altitude.

I agree. I've done two high jumps - 21K and 23K foot jumps. Both were a blast with more than 2 minutes of freefall, although the latter one was freaking COLD at exit altitude, even in early August! Having done those for $40-50 each, I have no real desire to do the $30K one for $200 or more.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I agree. I've done two high jumps - 21K and 23K foot jumps. Both were a blast with more than 2 minutes of freefall,

I've done a 24k jump and got the two minutes of freefall. Now I just put on my wingsuit and get it from 13k.B|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I agree with monkey. At skydance you can do 18k loads for like $6 added on to a ticket (assuming the min amout of people do it, or there is a tandem). Use that extra money to buy a wingsuit, and you can freefall for 3 min, not have to wear a bailout bottle, and get up at the buttcrack of dawn.

If you got a license D and how can you arrange for highest jump at 30,000 ft? Contact DZO or....?

Call Mike Mullins. Jumpers at my DZ (Skydive USA) set a Texas altitude record in 1997 from Mike's plane by jumping from 30,700 ft AGL. He has everything you need.

Chuck Akers

I agree with monkey. At skydance you can do 18k loads for like $6 added on to a ticket (assuming the min amout of people do it, or there is a tandem). Use that extra money to buy a wingsuit, and you can freefall for 3 min, not have to wear a bailout bottle, and get up at the buttcrack of dawn.

That was the worst part of it. I think Hollister was aiming to take off at 7:30. Go up, we land a mile north, and afterwards I'm so tired I just head back to the bay area.

Wingsuit would be the way to go, but other things have to change for me to have the time to dedicate towards that end. Not sure my shoulder would stand up to it either, yet, it still gets tired from tracking. Same muscle groups?

If you got a license D and how can you arrange for highest jump at 30,000 ft? Contact DZO or....?

Call Mike Mullins. Jumpers at my DZ (Skydive USA) set a Texas altitude record in 1997 from Mike's plane by jumping from 30,700 ft AGL. He has everything you need.

Chuck Akers

I kinda figured Mullins offered those jumps. I know the world's highest tandem was done out of his King Air from 30K+.

Well Billy, that's your best bet. West Tennessee's only a day's drive away from you, versus Davis CA being all the fucking way across the country from you. ;)

Oh by the way Chuck, you said Mike Mullins has everything you need. Does that include the required Air Chamber test?

I don't mind to go to Cali. since I never been there. I touched from GA to AZ by road trips. I have a goodest job with greatest pay. I'm sure I can go to California to have a great exp. It isn't about contest for jump at 30k. It's about expriences. I really want try more than 30k, no matter what it's coldest. I jumped once -10 degree with Billy Vance at The Farm last year in 14,000 ft. It damn hurt my fingertips since not wore gloves! :)

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."