northcave

Plane dives with you

We would call it a shark attack.It would make a great shot for tandems.My best shot looked like the nose of the otter was standing on my back. My FAA physical office has it on the wall. Even the 747 jet jockeys cant figure out how we did it. You must have forgotten to wave at the pilot

Hopefully there are no clips of it on YouTube, and anyone who has a clip of an aircraft doing such maneuvers keeps it to themselves.

It's most likely an activity that would get the pilot in hot water with the FAA.

Part of the approval for flight with a door removed means a restriction in bank angles and max airspeeds for most aircraft.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I think the more advanced skydivers and instructors needs to be a little more clear as to what is accepted and what is not on the DZ.

I could have easily gone around telling people about this not know it could land the pilot and DZ in the shitter. It also happened on another occaision when the instructor had a go at me for discussing something that happened. I was like how on earth was i meant to know, no ones tells me what is and isn't legit.

So when a plane dives by the side of me and people just laugh about it,,, as a student you kinda assume it is legit.

Happens all the time in Europe. Never seen it myself, but it's on a lot of Empuriabrava promo stuff.

Best thing I saw in free-fall was a C130 Hercules skirting VERY close to our airspace on a tracking dive - it was like we were tracking with a Herc! B|

He got told off on the radio.

I think the more advanced skydivers and instructors needs to be a little more clear as to what is accepted and what is not on the DZ.

for sure the 1st time you hear about it / live it yourself, it can be a surprise. Have a talk with the pilot, and look him in the eyes next time you exit last from the plane ;)

That kind of stuff is much better when briefed. For example when I lead a track jump, we plan the exit with the pilot so he can track a bit with us :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If this sort of thing is not acceptable and poses a safety risk I wonder if the people at the DZ should be at your throat for talking about it or should they accept that in fact something improper or unsafe was done and that they may have gotten THEMSELVES in trouble doing it?

-Michael

If a pilot flies like that, he accepts the responsibility. The pilot knows how many cameras are on the plane. It's like the videos of tandem instructors messing around... they know they're being video taped, so they accept that those videos will be seen.

Has any pilot ever gotten in trouble for something like this? Our DZ's (former) pilot got in some trouble (well, got talked to) for descending too fast in the traffic pattern. But when someone from the FAA came out, he specifically said he doesn't care how fast the plane goes from 14K to 2K, it's just what he does in the traffic pattern that matters.

Dave

Look here

http://www.manifestmaster.com/video/

Click on the Porter Chasers link

Enjoy:)

:o:oB|

That looked a little TOO close at a few points. I noticed they left the pilot off the credits..........

I have seen a vid with someone exiting from one aircraft and docking/landing with another in freefall.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.