Mozencrath

Question for Everyone...

Without getting into detail as to why (will later though) I am making a database of used canopy purchases...If you can, reply to this post with the last canopy/canopies you bought and the following info:

-Purchase Price?
-Make/Model/Size?
-DOM?
-Jumps on it at time of purchase?
-Number of jumps on current lineset at time of purchase?
-Number of linesets
-Any holes/patches/been wet?

I really appreciate anyones time who replies to this post. I have a really cool reason for collecting this info. Thanks all!

Don't know if this will do ya' much good. I bought a complete used rig (with Cypres) for $3,000, in 2000. The main was an Aerodyne Triathlon 160, circa 1995. The Dolphin 2 container and Cypres were new with the main. I was told it had 50 jumps on it but let's say 100 or so, just to be realistic. There was initially no reserve but since I bought it through my dz, they put in a used one.

I'd guesstimate something like this...

Cypres - $900.00
Container system - $1100.00
Reserve - $200.00
Main - $800.00

Replace the Tri with a Safire 2, bought new for $1422.00.

*Forgot to add....Triathlon had the original lineset and was in primo condition, same with the container.
"T'was ever thus."

1) $1000 AUD
2) spectre 150/ PD
3) 3/2002
4)300-350
5)300-350
6)1 (but...just about to replace the lines. on order and heading my way)
7) pulled some stiching out from the top skin during a tree landing a while back but apart from that all good, no damage :)

Tom, Tom Tom, Tommy, Tom Love

BUMP. I am collecting this information to facilitate a project that will help the skydiving community...Please see first post.

There must be more people out there that purchased a canopy within the last year! Please anyone reply! You will all love to hear what this information is helping achieve. Thanks!

$1500.00usd
PD spectre 210
july 06
0 jumps brand new in box
original line set
no holes, patches never wet
sold it with 87 jumps on it for $1500.00usd

$600usd
pisa tempo reserve 210
10 october 1995
0 jumps
never packed never used brand new
original lineset
no holes patches never wet
sold it in a container with 87 jumps never deployed inspected and repacked 5 times for $600.00usd

$1430.00usd
aerodyne pilot 168
august 07
0 jumps brand new in box
original lineset
no holes patches neverbeen wet

$865.00usd
aerodyne smart reserve 175
august 07
0 jumps brand new in box never been packed yet
original lines
no holes patches never been wet
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Wouldn't be setting up a company where people can call and get a background check on used canopies they are thinking of buying like you can do for motor vehicles by any chance would you?
Only problem is you are relying on peoples honesty for the background information so anyone wanting to sell a duff canopy to an unknowing customer/victim is gonna give you false info and tell you the canopy is mint.
With no legal requirement to report canopy damage there is no reliable source for canopy background info.
Unless you struck a deal with on-DZ riggers willing to keep an eye out for problem canopies for you.