tomerep

Skydives per day and have fun?

Hi all,
I'm a skydiver from israel, and we have only two skydiving clubs in our cool country, and I find it difficult to get on a plane, meaning, I can only skydive about 3 times a day since we have little amount of airplanes and big ask for tanderm.

so my question is about going to a cool skydiving club in the states, how many times do you think can a guy skydive a day and still have fun? and how many times is it possible (time talking) to skydive a day (even not having fun hehe)?

Thanks,
Tom;)

As others have said, I'm getting tired somewhere between 10 and 15 skydives. Generally after 12 I'm done and will only continue if there is demand, but still enjoy the dives.

due to the fact that I'm a weekend only skydiver, if I do fewer than 6 dives in a day I have a simmering resentment of lost time, unless the weather is bad. If it is, and I manage only 1, that 1 was worth it.

I think there's also a degree of "jump fitness" where we ride the emmotional/body drug cocktail/physiological/physical rollercoaster a little better than a student. Even hyper fit students can be shattered by jump 3.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Most I've done in the states packing for myself was 8 in a day. I'm probably a pretty much average example of a weekend jumper out on a jumping holiday in the US.

I could probably do 10 a day easily but I'd be fairly tired at the end of the day.

Most I've done in a day period was 14 with a paid packer. That was in Russia where pack jobs were costing me 90p. At that price I couldn't even be bothered to pack at the end of the day.

That was 14 jumps a day, every day for the whole trip. I was fucked by the end of it, but could probably have done more if we didn't stop for debriefs. That was supposed to be a training trip however rather than a fun holiday.

If I want to have fun I'm not going to want to do 14 jumps a day, every day.

The most jumps I've done in a day (packing for myself) was 22 and every one of them was fun :)
I've done 16 full altitude jumps in a day packing for myself and those were all fun as well.

Generally though, if I'm just fun jumping, I find 6-10 to be the best number. I get to jump a lot, it's fairly relaxed and I get to hang out with my friends all day :)

Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I've done 19 in a day packing for myself, but I was helping a friend keep the plane going so he could do 30 on his 30th birthday. I was pretty tired after 15, and I was pretty much a worthless flier for the last couple. 12 a day seems to be a good number for me.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I don't even know what the most I have done in a day is. For the most part I have yet to hit an upper limit on what my body will let me do. Then again I am only 25, so a young punk by many peoples standards. I also don't pack for myself on days like that and I think that makes a huge difference.

I have yet to run out of "fun" for a day too. I don't always have fun when I am working hard, but just like doing RW or freeflying doesn't ever really get borring.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I've done 19 in a day packing for myself, but I was helping a friend keep the plane going so he could do 30 on his 30th birthday. I was pretty tired after 15, and I was pretty much a worthless flier for the last couple. 12 a day seems to be a good number for me.

Brie

Impressive! Most I've done in a day packing for myself is 12, but did 31 with others packing for me ( did a couple packjobs just cuz).

Wow guys thanks for the info! it's amazing how many times a person can jump and still have fun!!
btw how much does it cost in the states for pack job? in israel its 6$, and going up an air plane is 38$ (expensive cuz of the fuel prices being taxed here 100% :( )

I think most US dropzone are charging in the range of $22 per jump. It could vary depending what part of the US you go to. Pack jobs are the same $6. The question is how many jumps your body can take in one day. Its not hard to do 20 a day with a good packer at a buisy dz.

Wow guys thanks for the info! it's amazing how many times a person can jump and still have fun!!
btw how much does it cost in the states for pack job? in israel its 6$, and going up an air plane is 38$ (expensive cuz of the fuel prices being taxed here 100% :( )

During a training camp in Deland this easter, I did 122 jumps in 15 days, and day nr 5 we got weathered out. I did 24 1-1 jumps an the rest mostly single.

My recipe:
- Buy block deals( I got down to $18 a jump)
- Get packer to pack for you 2-4 times a day so you may rest and eat properly during the day
- Have oatmeal/granola bars and Salt potatochips accessible during the day. Salt potato chips provides you with salt and fat, which is to essential parts to keep you going through a hot active day.
- Buy several 0.5L bottles and keep them beside your snack station.
- Get on every load you get!B|

Between each load I'd recommend you to drink one bottle of water, a fist full of chips and a granolabar. Especially if you pack for your self! You'll be burning calories and water at a pace you've only experienced in the army during hell week =P

But I'd recommend you to get a couple of 1-1 with a coach. And if the clouds are low, get canopy coaching. There's always something to practice on ;) But don't just jump to jump, have something to train for and get coaching.

edit: I did between 8-11jumps a day except the two first where I only did 3 and 5 due to jetlag

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no