4wayFly

Does the USPA hate US skydivers?

if you quote me, please do so with the whole sentence. thank you.

come on, what is skydiving about for you? besides having a great time with your buddies and do some wild shit in the air!? and mostly its like that on the ground afterwards.. its part of the action!

if you only go for competition.. i think that is sad. but that is just my opinion. maybe i'm wrong. but making a whole fuss about it, well, if thats up to you, so be it..

from the top of my head, this being my first season, i met great people from; australia, new zealand, russia, hungary, slovakia, israel, italy, france, austria, germany, england, the netherlands, belgium, the US and venezuela. of course shitloads of swiss from all over the country.. i'd be too happy to see ANY of this faces in a magazine one day. it being the swiss would be truly outstanding. the only publication we get is mostly about airplanes, maybe one or two pages covering swiss people competing worldwide in skydiving. maybe the swiss magazine would be more to your liking, the swiss being known lately to turn pretty nationalistic right-winged

lighten up mate, its skydiving, its great fun. competition is just a side effect. better think about getting as near to the top as you are being capable of, dont you think?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

come on, what is skydiving about for you? besides having a great time with your buddies and do some wild shit in the air!? and mostly its like that on the ground afterwards.. its part of the action!

Yes, all that is great...I think it's part of the *sport* of skydiving.

if you only go for competition.. i think that is sad. but that is just my opinion. maybe i'm wrong. but making a whole fuss about it, well, if thats up to you, so be it..

Not at all, but I think properly representing competitors who represent their associations is part of the association's role. I think it makes the sport richer, not at the expense of other participants but to everyone's benefit.

from the top of my head, this being my first season, i met great people from; australia, new zealand, russia, hungary, slovakia, israel, italy, france, austria, germany, england, the netherlands, belgium, the US and venezuela. of course shitloads of swiss from all over the country.. i'd be too happy to see ANY of this faces in a magazine one day.

That's great, sounds like you're having an awesome season :) I also like to jump with skydivers from all over the world, at dzs all over the world. It is a great global community which is a priviledge to be a part of...but that's not the point I'm making about the USPA's role.

it being the swiss would be truly outstanding. the only publication we get is mostly about airplanes, maybe one or two pages covering swiss people competing worldwide in skydiving. maybe the swiss magazine would be more to your liking, the swiss being known lately to turn pretty nationalistic right-winged

Maybe, I haven't seen it, although personally I'm somewhat of a liberal...

lighten up mate, its skydiving, its great fun. competition is just a side effect.

I think competition is a showcase for the greatest talents in the sport (all disciplines) and that's an inspiration.

better think about getting as near to the top as you are being capable of, dont you think?

I don't really get this point? :S

there's about twenty people in here on a low count that say you dont have a point. now, who's ignorant!?

Being in the minority doesn't mean you are wrong.

No, it doesn't - it also doesn't mean you're RIGHT.

what i'd like to see is pictures of all this guys getting shitfaced alltogether.. because in the end, thats what skydiving is about

How sad.

I'd say that the camaraderie among skydivers is one of the greatest things about the sport.

I'd call an overly narrow obsession on a single discipline to the exception of all else (and rants over perceived slights against said discipline), sad.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's about twenty people in here on a low count that say you dont have a point. now, who's ignorant!?

Being in the minority doesn't mean you are wrong.

No, it doesn't - it also doesn't mean you're RIGHT.

Er...do you want to go back and forth like this all day? I don't think it will get us anywhere. I was responding to someone who implied that having an opinion that differed from the majority made me ignorant. (Being different in your outlook is not always bad...you should know, you're a skydiver [:/])

I'd call an overly narrow obsession on a single discipline to the exception of all else (and rants over perceived slights against said discipline), sad.

I don't have a narrow obsession on a single discipline to the exception of all else...the thread is about how the USPA treats its competitor representatives....in ALL disciplines. I don't particularly feel the USPA mag is the place to celebrate partying over and above skydiving (hence my comment that it would be sad if skydiving were just about getting drunk - that idea just degrades the entire sport - blowing off steam after a day's jumping is one thing...but skydivers have more to them than alcoholic tendencies)...

That said, I do like the Club News section of the BPA magazine. There is space for both. [:/]

Post-counter....dude...you have to stop that!:P

The web site does the counting.:P

You should learn to use the features here instead of wasting time posting the same stuff repeatedly.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

yea mate, just take a step back.

i'm sure, the french national team is just a strong motivaton as the american would be.

about trying to be as close to the top as you can. just try to do your best skydiving, that was my point..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda