ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Thanks for posting that I need a good laugh today.Who the hell are all of those people?I know about a 12 that either don't jump at all or damn sure don't jump there anymore.

I don't care to look at their site anymore, but do they still advertise deceased individuals as staff members?

Here is the staff page....it needs to be updated. :D

http://ascskydiving.com/georgia_skydiving_staff.htm

No shit....

Here's public enemies #1 (CQ) and #2 (BB)...

But I like Wuffo's versions a LOT better! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They don't even use their own pictures on their own website.

They've been pirating Mark Lichtle's (Aerial Extreme) pictures for quite some time now. This picture I found on the ASC site is of "Perfect Tommy" taken at Skydance Skydiving near Davis California. It was taken about 8 years ago.

It used to be on Marks Website before he removed the skysurfing category.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

For the lawyers and/or parties involved: what is the approximate time frame for the intial hearings? Obviously, this is not going to happen overnight, just curious...

I'll volunteer a classic lawyerly response: it depends.

I don't know whether plaintiff's lawyer has effected service of process on each of the defendants yet, i.e., basically given them an official copy of the complaint together with a summons from the court directing them to appear - plaintiffs are not obligated to do this anytime soon - and that's what is most likely to trigger the clock for defendants to respond.

Even if defendants have been served, the type of defendant and the type of service will control their respective timeframes for responding.

Moreover, a group of defendants may choose a single attorney or firm to represent their respective interests or each defendant may retain its own counsel and proceed independently.

Further, each individual defendant may choose to respond in one or more of several ways. It may claim the federal district court in Arizona lacks jurisdiction over the case. It may claim the complaint on its face is legally unsustainable and therefore it should be tossed out. It may answer the complaint by responding to plaintiff's allegations. It may approach the plaintiff with an offer to settle part or all of the case. It may move for more time. It may default.

All the above factors, and more, could influence the schedule for things unfolding.

Don't hold your breath until the judge sets what's called a briefing schedule, when events should become more predictable.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

Gee. Well I am glad I have stayed out of this discussion. Too much emotion wrapped up in all this. Please do not misunderstand. My comment refers to anyone that has been hurt in all this. That would include anyone that might have worked at other DZs or just plain folks looking to do a Tandem.

I have friends that work(ed) or jump(ed) at ASC. I personally will be OK whether ASC is there tomorrow or not. But just one example of many: I have one friend that has worked his butt off packing to build staff jumps. He got hurt. I know he planned to use those jumps to further his own skills and become an instructor. I put the odds at pretty darn good that he will never see those jumps. I know for a fact, that he is a person that would not hurt anybody else. There are others that have emotional reasons for their loyalty to ASC. We all have lost friends skydiving. It just isn't so simple.

You may be 100% right about the owners. As I have said, I don't know. All I would ask is that all of us remember that people get caught in the gears when stuff like this happens. If you are correct about the business practices, and I consider the courtroom the proper place to determine that, then I hope that justice is done. To make it simple, I try do what is right, but keep my heart too. It ain't always easy.

And maybe I will keep my big mouth shut about this from now on. Seems like the right thing to do.
qoq

When I take a quick glance at ASC's forums, I have NO sympathy for anyone who works there. Their completely immature attitude and RIDICULE for anyone who doesn't agree with Skyride leaves NO ROOM for interpretation. If they could have been mature about it, then I would feel very differently. But since they weren't . . . TOUGH.

After being quiet about all this for some time, I am glad that somebody remembers that some good folks are getting hurt in all this.

Those good folks picked their bed-partners. I've been quite clear for a few years with my DZO that if he got into bed with Skyride, I'd quit the very next day. I choose to work for reputable people, and that works out well for me. Those who choose to work for disreputable people should have no reasonable expectation for the same.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Just out of morbid curiosity, isn't this the same type of law suit that Skydive arizona filed against Mike Mullins?

:D Yep! I thought maybe I was the only one who noticed that. It gets quite a different reception from the skydiving community when the target is Ben and Cary instead of Mike. Not that I mind of course.

Skydivers shouldn't sue skydivers, but in this case, I really don't mind. In fact, it seems appropriate.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

SHORT ANSWER

USPA IS HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS ON gm FOR asc

MANY VOTES WERE NOT CAST
several directors chose to not be in the room during voteing and ASC has filed appeal thus USPA holding off pending legal action??

if I red article correctly ASC is still a USPA mg dz

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

SHORT ANSWER

I suggest that everyone go back and re-read the minutes from the BOD meeting that Jan posted for an actual account of what transpired during that meeting as all of the answers I have read so far are inaccurate. As for this case being similar to a previous one, it is only similar on one account but it could set a precedent in support of the current one. Mike's article included reasons why some members didn't vote and the probable outcome of the appeal, which again stated that it didn't look like they would be reinstated. Time will tell.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So how about this, someone make an offer... to those employed or jumping at ASC, pennridge, pell city, give us a place to go, where we won't have to leave our families or friends, yet we'll still be able to make a living at what we love, skydiving. That's all I'm looking for, and the only reason I ever worked at ASC was the opportunity to stay alive doing something I loved.

the offer has been made,"along time ago""and i continue to make them" i have an endless list of places for you or anyone at other drop zones. the offer was never made to you, because i dont know who you are.

ironic, isnt it.

MANY VOTES WERE NOT CAST
several directors chose to not be in the room during voteing and ASC has filed appeal thus USPA holding off pending legal action??

To avoid conflict of interest and more drama - those board members that are DZOs did not vote. It was not a representation of their thoughts on this topic. Imagine what could be said if a DZO did vote to revoke the GM of their competition? That would be just as unethical. I'm glad that they did step out when the votes were casted.

MANY VOTES WERE NOT CAST

To avoid conflict of interest and more drama - those board members that are DZOs did not vote. It was not a representation of their thoughts on this topic. Imagine what could be said if a DZO did vote to revoke the GM of their competition? That would be just as unethical. I'm glad that they did step out when the votes were casted.

Which leads to the question.Should DZOs be voted onto the board to begin with.That could probably be a new thread.

Should DZOs be voted onto the board to begin with.

That has always been something that bothered me. Seems like conflict of interest with regard to some aspects of USPA. However, I think it's pretty much always been allowed. DZOs are some of the most influential members of the skydiving community.

Sorry - will wait for new thread before posting any more on this.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD