ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

The noose is tightening. None, (that I know of) of the DZ's in Iowa accept Skyride certs anymore.

Was there a DZ in IA that accepted Skyride certs? If so, why did that change?

all three did.

The change reason is obvious (to me anyway)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You jump at one of the IA DZ’s, so…

Why did the DZO at your DZ accept Skyride certs?
Why did this policy change (why did the DZO stop accepting Skyide certs)?

Do you know for sure that all 3 of the DZ’s accepted Skyride certs?
Did they all change their minds about Skyride?

It would be interesting to know the effects on Skyride customers when an entire state stops participating. Where would a prospective tandem student from IA have to go now if they call Skyride? Out of state? How far away?

You jump at one of the IA DZ’s, so…

Why did the DZO at your DZ accept Skyride certs?
Why did this policy change (why did the DZO stop accepting Skyide certs)?

Do you know for sure that all 3 of the DZ’s accepted Skyride certs?
Did they all change their minds about Skyride?

It would be interesting to know the effects on Skyride customers when an entire state stops participating. Where would a prospective tandem student from IA have to go now if they call Skyride? Out of state? How far away?

I know two of the three did. I am sure about the 3rd but I think they did as well.

Why did they stop? Here is one example out of many. I did a google search on sky dive in Iowa City. A generic site came up lisiting a dz that was home of the Jumping Iowa Hakeyes (there is no such thing) The info was turned over to the University of Iowa and within 24 hours that site was not on line any more. Get the idea? As for thier customers? I hope they sue the crap out of them
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well on the gift certificate it does state they need to call in so they can schedule with our closest affiliated drop zone and it lists a phone number to call .
Although in instances when they show up at a DZ that is not affiliated we have pre paid with a company card for that customer so they still get to jump.

There is some merit to what they are saying but it mainly comes from when we first started and basically grew to fast for our shoes which created a back log in reservations, Although now we can handle thousands of reservations a day with no problem.
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Although now we can handle thousands of reservations a day with no problem.

Paraphrase: Now we have the ability to efficiently screw thousands of gullible people on a daily balsas!

Skyride gets in excess of 99% of it's traffic through internet searches (obviously). They pioneered the use of pay per click (PPC) add use for this industry. I started spending $20 to $30 a month on PPC campaigns with Yahoo and Google ($30 a month combined) a few years ago with the rise of the Skyride demon. I learned how search engines rank sites, and did a few things to make my site rank well in natural results (something USPA.org is in desperate need of!) My thinking is that any and every time one of my customers comes across a PPC search engine add for skyride they're also exposed to one for a real DZ in Kansas (mine, and generally one for Skydive Kansas as well). Because of this very few Kansans are sucked into the skyride black hole. Well, maybe a Democrat here and there go for the high pressure used car sails man "today and today only" routine, but you would expect that.

If you're a DZO and Skyride is pulling business from you, I'd advise that you make sure your customers can find you at least as easily as they do the boiler room!

As far as Ryan goes, the whole Skyride operation is based on deception. The problem with a habitual lier is that it's virtually impossible to tell when they're telling the truth so one can only assume that everything that they emit is false. Or, you can tell when they're lying simply by the fact that they're lips are moving (here; fingers were typing)

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

We are a booking agent just like Travelocity, orbits except we do not book airline tickets and yes we do make a small profit but does that make it a rip off? go to BBB and look at any booking agents you will see a huge number of complaints ranging from unable to book to just dissatisfied customers, yet these booking agents advertise locally as if they could be found locally... the only reason we are being scrutinized is because it is a much smaller and tight nit community we are catering to. If you look at the numbers we have a total of 316 complaints in the last 3 years but yet today alone we set up well over 316 customers..... So if only 2% of customers filed a complaint that would strongly suggest we are focused on customer satisfaction.......
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Or 316 new BBB complaints where booked today, you look at it your way and through your rose colored glasses and we will look a the facts of the whole enterprise.

You lied to me in your PM by the way, or at least you repeated the one told to you.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We are a booking agent just like Travelocity, orbits except ....

except you pray on peoples ignorance. Skydiving is something that the vast majority of the public is ignorant to, therefore they have no idea what to expect. People should be extra dillgent when it comes to something like skydiving, and quite a few are. There are those who will simply call the first phone number they come across, believe everything that they are told by the person on the other end, give over their credit card number, and spend $50 to $100 more than they would by going direct, and more than likely drive farther for the same or less service.

My guess is that Travelosity and Orbits thrive because you can generally get a better deal going through them than you would by going direct to the airline, or hotel. Ironic that people will spend considerable time to save $20 on an airline ticket, but allow themselves to be sodomized by Skyride for their skydiving experience.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I won't bother responding to rberger until I see ANY proof that he works for skyride. Has anybody?

This thread is just on it's way to being locked. Arguing with someone that is, until he proves otherwise, nothing but a troll trying to stir everyone up is pointless.

What skyride has done and continues to do is not debatable. We know that they stole entire websites including logos, changed a few words on each one, and copied them hundreds of times. We know that they have lied to customers repeatedly about a lot of things. We know that they've sent customers to dropzones that don't accept their certificates. And we know that they have refused to give refunds on the grounds that the customer didn't buy weather insurance or refund insurance or whatever else.

Then some guy comes along who claims to work for them, but he skirts around every direct question that gets asked. He repeats himself over and over with zero content to his posts. Gets everybody all riled up. Then all they do is repeat the last 60+ pages of complaints in this thread.

The skyride topic shouldn't be dropped or forgotten. They NEED to go away. Can we keep this thread as a useful place to discuss the topic?

Dave

The DZ in IA stopped because one of his buddies talking him into not taking Skyride anymore that way there would be no unfair competition in their area

Oh, when he called to inform you that he was no longer going to trade with you, and you asked him why he said "Because my buddy told me to". Sure he did. I don't care who you are, that's some funny shit!

AC DZ

My work number is 1800-214-8611 please do not post it or pass it out but for your own satisfaction please give me a call so we can talk.

i will be leaving in 2 hours at 7pm EST

Got it, thanks. I'll keep this between you and me.

Dave

How very nice of you Dave. Lets just hope people dont quote his number in their posts.
Remster

My work number is 1800-214-8611 please do not post it or pass it out but for your own satisfaction please give me a call so we can talk.

i will be leaving in 2 hours at 7pm EST

Got it, thanks. I'll keep this between you and me.

Dave

How very nice of you Dave. Lets just hope people dont quote his number in their posts.

Now wouldn't that suck? :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto