ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

I've worked behind the scenes and up front for three years to "blow the whistle" on ASC, and not just online.

Keep up the pressure...

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Google can't tell how many hits a website gets unless they come from within google. But some good news... a google search for "skyride" brings up Jan Meyer's skyride scam page before the real 1800skyride site. http://www.google.com/search?q=skyride&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&start=10&sa=N

A search for 800skyride brings up a dz.com thread about skyride first, and a search for 1800skyride brings up Jan Meyers page right after the real 1800skyride site.

Dave

Google can't tell how many hits a website gets unless they come from within google. But some good news... a google search for "skyride" brings up Jan Meyer's skyride scam page before the real 1800skyride site. http://www.google.com/search?q=skyride&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&start=10&sa=N

A search for 800skyride brings up a dz.com thread about skyride first, and a search for 1800skyride brings up Jan Meyers page right after the real 1800skyride site.

Jan's site is on page 2, 1800skyshit is on page 1!>:(

Jan's site is on page 2, 1800skyshit is on page 1!>:(

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm 1800skyshit.com - wonder if that's taken??????? :S
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

More curiosity. Has anyone received a response from whatever organization they contacted (State Attorney General, BBB, Google...)?

I haven't. It's like my messages went into a black hole.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just in case ya'll missed this thread...see what HH had to say here post #23

That is indeed very cool. Score one for the good guys.

Now, has anything happened at the state level or above? I mean, there are all kinds of serious issues about deceptive advertizing and copyright infringements....

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just as an FYI to everyone... The same people that run Skyride also run usaskydiving.com. Usaskydiving.com looks to be the same exact type of operation as Skyride except they only offer skydiving certificates.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yep, that's them...apparently trying a LITTLE to hide their info:

Inc., CASC
[email protected]
ATTN: USASKYDIVING.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

This is exacly what I went through when I needed to get in touch with a spam company. Gotta contact them through their domain registrar. I'm not surprised they are using the same tricks as spammers.

Dave

Good luck contacting them through Network Solutions. I know someone who used to work at the call center listed above (it's in Hazleton, PA), and they're trained not to get you in contact with the domain owner unless you've got specific account info that gives you that access. In fact, from what you've posted it shows that they've paid extra for added privacy of their data.

I wonder what's so secret?

Lance

I wonder what's so secret?

This is:

Home address & email addresses removed by slotperfect. Posting anyone's home address, phone number, or email address (other than your own) unless you have express permission is not acceptable in the forums.

[email protected]
[email protected]

CASC, Inc.
CASC Inc. ([email protected])
770-684-6909
Fax: none
PO Box 440383
Kennesaw, GA 30160
US

Atlanta SC Inc. ([email protected])
770-614-3483
Fax:
493 Airport Road
Cedartown, 30125
US

:P

(all the above info can be found with whois searches of their various domain names. Some of the fictional DZ websites are registered directly to the DZ, not Cary.

Oh, nice! http://www.skydivingalabama.com/firstjump.htm That was one of my AFF 1 instructors in the tandem pic, and I've worn the jumpsuit the girl is wearing. That's stolen from an older version of Ocean City Skydiving's website from back when I started jumping.

Dave

The USA skyving site has a locator tab that leads you to belive that there are DZ's in 10 different cities in South Carolina, 11 in Alabama. There's only four DZs in SC and Chester, Clemson, Walterboro, and St. George. None of the cities/towns are listed. It doesn't actually say that there are DZs in these towns, it implies. sounds like a familiar tactic.
I know that I was looking hard for somewhere to jump in Alabama a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember having 11 places to choose from.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I have 2nd hand knowledge that Ben and Cary are at it again under the name "SkyTeam" a.k.a. skyride, steal your money , whatever.

Most likely starting another Corp just in case the other one has to be closed? Or, a marketing plan that has them trying to grab more of the market share by looking like more than one company. Plus, linking between the sites will help raise their placement on Google.