ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

[making clapping sounds and cheering with lots of whistling and somping of feet]

now who is next to join sid in what all american skydiver should be doing??
can we flood there system with emails of their reality?

Oh! Did I leave their email address on there? My Bad!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Was it a small DZ or some place like Eloy or Perris Valley?

Big DZ - YES. I know someone that regularly jumps at one of those big dz's that hasn't renewed in a quite a while.

Judy

That's too bad. Doesn't seem quiet fair, but hey, if that guy/gal wants to cheat the system, it's up to them. On on the other hand am happy to pay for my USPA membership dues, after all the hard work they have done with the TSA.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Have you ever heard of anything being damaged from a falling reserve handle or any falling gear from a skydiver. I would be really interested in reading an article on this subject. it would be interesting to know what sort of damage us skydivers have caused without personal injury.
Does anyone have any links?
sorry to hijack but i will surrenderB|

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

well, y'all might like this. Some of you know that I run a couple of web sites, one of which www.sidsrigging.com was approached via an email today to provide a link to their site.
do you think I should wait for a reply :S

Hell no... What you did is just fine. Great statement! B|B|B|

As far as I'm concerned, I wish those assholes would just go fuck themselves, and not the rest of us!! >:( Hey Cary, you reading this, you short bald prick? :D

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

1-800-skydive is clearly more ethical than skyride, but I don't consider them all that different in some ways. They only represent participating dropzones. So they may send you many miles out of your way, passing multiple other dropzones, to make your jump. Now they don't misrepresent themselves, but they don't give all the facts either.

Again, skyride is in a whole different league, but I don't like 1800skydive either.

Dave

Hey Chasing Blue:

I couldn't believe it when I came across your post as I was surfing the web. You
have no idea what I have gone through with this so called company!!! I am in the
process of sending all the documentation I have on them to a lawyer who has
expressed an interest in filing a Class Action suit against them. I actually live in NJ
but I am willing (and will probably have to) go down to Georgia to take them out
personally. I also have contacted a local Investigative reporter in GA at FOX 5
NEWS who is interested in covering the story and we are working on trying to
locate people in the GA area who have had negative experiences with SKYRIDE.
As far as I'm concerned, they pretty much stole my money and I am now out
$1300.00. I have so much more to say about this and would be happy to share all
the details with everyone so that we can get enough backing to put them out of business
altogether. Speaking of which, they're not even legally IN business as far as I know,
since they're not legally registered as a company. (I checked with both the state and
county offices and they have no info. on them at all).

If ANYONE here from GA has had negative experiences with SKYRIDE, please let me know. Since they are headquartered in GA, the reporter I am in contact with wants to do a local piece about them and ideally would like to interview (in addition to myself) a few Georgia residents who have had negative dealings with them. I usually don't post my email address out on the web, but in the interest of bringing these people to justice, I am doing everything I possibly can to ensure that no one else is ever taken advantage of by them again!!! Please contact me at [email protected], with ANY information at all, along with your permission (at your discretion) for my lawyer to contact you directly (again for purposes of pursuing a Class Action).

Together we WILL bring this company down and it is our duty as consumers to make sure that this is exactly what happens!!!

~Claire

be careful as this could be the marketer or someonelse from skyride getting all our responses so they can start working on backing up any acusations against themselves.
nothing ever came up for me fromthis forum when i did a search. Just be careful as we dont want to tell them anything. If we did we could be giving them loads of time to make right and then their will be no cliams.

If this person wants to be taken serious they need to fill out their profile with their name.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

be careful as this could be the marketer or someonelse from skyride getting all our responses so they can start working on backing up any acusations against themselves.
nothing ever came up for me fromthis forum when i did a search. Just be careful as we dont want to tell them anything. If we did we could be giving them loads of time to make right and then their will be no cliams.

If this person wants to be taken serious they need to fill out their profile with their name.

Oh, get serious. If that were the case, he can easily fill in the profile with information that you have no means of discerning involvement with Skyride. All you need to do is check out the reporter to validate that he is exactly what he appears to be.

Skyride doesn't need to defend themselves. The beauty of their operation is that they can screw over 5% of their customers and it has little bearing on their ability to get more first time jumpers as customers. For the most part, bad customer service is perfectly legal in this country.

A story on the 10o'clock news may hurt all DZs, BTW, so it wouldn't hurt to make sure local skydivers out there make sure the reporter understands what's going on. The story needs to have some blurb on how to pick a good DZ.

1-800-skydive is not quite the same thing as Skyride, because when you call the number you get a real drop zone that represents itself as the same entity to everyone, not as SkydiveSomethingelse. It's regional call forwarding. It's not the same thing as leading people to believe you are in one place and trying to get them to go to another.

Well here in Tennessee, if you call 1-800-SKY-DIVE you will get Atlanta Skydiving Center (ASC) and they will have you driving 6-7 hours past at least 2 good DZ's to make a skydive.

So, what is your point?

Chris Welker

Well, in the Houston area, it gets you to Spaceland, which is a real DZ. I think it's one of the regional 800 numbers, and it all depends on who buys it first.

If you have a local DZ that owns the number, and that's in trouble, it might be worth making sure that some other reputable DZ gets the number rather than its going vacant.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

be careful as this could be the marketer or someonelse...If this person wants to be taken serious they need to fill out their profile with their name.

jny.com = Jones Apparel Group...what's up with that? Using a business email address for this? Smells like fish at this point....
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well here in Tennessee, if you call 1-800-SKY-DIVE you will get Atlanta Skydiving Center (ASC) and they will have you driving 6-7 hours past at least 2 good DZ's to make a skydive...

Hmmmm,...that seems to be a questionable business practice, too!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hey Guys,

I apologize. In my rush to get the word out, I totally overlooked creating a profile, providing my name, etc. I'll have to do that later on tonight when I get home. But I want you all to know that I have nothing to hide.

My name is Claire McHugh and I live in NJ. Obviously I prefer not to say exactly where, given the nature of this case. I provided my work email address because I am almost always at work and wanted to be able to get instant notification of any messages. But you can also reach me at [email protected]. Honestly I have never gone skydiving to this day. I would still love to go but between work, the lawsuit, and everything else. I just don't have the time. Plus the weather is getting colder up here in NJ by the day. I understand that some of you are cautious and may be thinking I am a decoy of some sort. I can assure you I am not. I just want what is mine and what is just deserved. Later on today, I will log back in and enter my profile, provide all my information, etc. If I thought I wasn't going to get "hate" calls, I'd even provide my phone number if that helped to prove anything but to date, I've already gotten a lot of nasty emails pertaining to this matter and I feel very uncomfortable putting myself at risk in terms of privacy. If there is anything else I can do to prove that I am legitimate, please let me know!!!! Again, I have absolutely nothing to hide. But 1800SKYRIDE does. And you can check out their record on the Better Business Bureau website. To date they have 30 complaints filed against them, 19 of which have gone unresolved. Also, they operate under a million different names (Alabama Skydiving, Adventure Skydiving, 800-skyride, 800-Skydive, Starlight Skyride Center, etc.) and are affiliated with so many locations that it's becoming a full time job to track these people down.....

One more thing -- If you don't believe me, you can go to the FOX 5 TV website and email the I Team directly regarding this matter. If you don't receive a response from an R. Travis within 3-4 days confirming that he has been advised (by me) of the situation and that we are working on getting a story out to the public, let me know and I'll ask him to personally email you myself. I don't know what else I can do to prove that this is not some kind of hoax. Perhaps when my lawyer sends out notices to 800-skyride customers advising them all of a Class Action suit, it will be recognized that this is serious.........

Claire