ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Three DZs in Kansas, zero Skyride bed partners!

The noose is tightening. None, (that I know of) of the DZ's in Iowa accept Skyride certs anymore.

So, Iowa and Utah down, only 48 states, some territories, and the globe to go.

Baby steps.

Illinois, California, and Florida, can I hear you say "Amen?"

Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

you are you the ani Skyride preacher can i get a amen

I'm going to try to answer that.

In traditional Southern churches, often when someone concurs strongly with what is being spoken, they will shout "Amen."

My jest was in questioning response to the assertion that your company had no dz's accepting your gift certificates in a particular state. Actually, to clarify, I should have written "Florida, Illinois, California, can I hear you say "Amen?"

Implied, the answer would be "No."

I'll try to be more understandable and less incoherent in future composition.
Roll Tide Roll

Chris,

Good point, but there is one DZO in the Kansas City area on the Missouri side that does trade in the devils currency. So there could actually be "legitimate" certificates sold to Kansas residents who end up jumping in Missouri. The Missouri DZ is closer to Kansas City Ks than the nearest Kansas DZ.

We have attempted to do an intervention/exorcism with Mr. MRVS but alas to no avail. Since he's the only DZO within a few hundred miles who will suckle at the Skyride penis, he no doubt does assist in the anal sodomy of quite a few gullible students.

Martin

Ryan Why don't you check in to how many certificates have been sold in states that have no one that will take them. That would be some good soul searching homework for you.

Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

OK Ryan-you've posted after I pointed out the problems with the South Carolina website, so you can't say that you're not aware-now, how are the corrections going?

I've asked specific questions with specific references, why did you skip answering?
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

...why did you skip answering?

My guess it that Ryan's slow to respond because he also suckles at the Skyride penis. Don't want to bite the penis that feeds you!

What's the forum rule about trolling a troll? I may have to edit that response.

AC DZ

I just got in today what the hell do you want me to give up my life like you guys and just chat no stop like a bunch of little girls i do not think so....
i will get to all your questions although like i said send me a direct message so i do not have to scroll through the forum since i do not have time mon-thur to constantly check on the forum. I am not afraid to answer any question but give me a minute JC
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

I cannot check to see where GC were sold since the info we have is the billing plus if you call in to purchase they will tell you the closest location(affiliated) that you can go to so its up to the customer to purchase. please call in and see for yourself. Plus i do not have time that would be a tedious task that would be way to boring..
Ryan Berger

One of the problems with skyride when customers call about GCs, skyride won't tell them where they can go BEFORE getting their credit card info. That's part of the deception. Only after giving the cc info do they find out they have to go 200 or 300 miles to an affiliate, passing 2 or 3 closer DZs along the way. That's bullshit.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not True Billy why don't you call in first and find out for yourself. They will tell you where its at first, its up to the customer to purchase thats only if they are ok with where our location is..... see this to me is one of the funny allegations :)

Ryan Berger

You said "If you have ever had any negative FIRST HAND experience with Skyride let me know"

So, I did with this
"Ok, then where is the turbine "Skydive South Carolina uses TURBINE AIRCRAFT 7 days a week, 365 days a year" guaranteed to 14K "We are the ONLY skydiving center in South Carolina that guarantees 14,000 foot skydives every day"

among other issues-just answer this one-Turbine is SC, true or false
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I'll be the last one to ever defend Skyride, I did take their certificates for a few months a few years ago, so I know how it works. That said, in the past I had called acting like a first time tandem customer, and asked where I'd be going. They would generally tell me that they had a drop zone a few miles SE of Wichita, which is my DZ and I obviously know that I don't take Skyride certificates. A few months ago I did it again, the guy on the phone actually told me that they did not have an affiliated DZ near Wichita. I said that I thought there was a DZ or two near Wichita, he said that these DZs were not affiliated with Skyride. I was amazed, and figured that this guy simply was not cut out to be a Skyride boiler room operator, as he had a serious problem with actually being honest. So, give em a call and see what happens. Not that any of this changes my opinion, they're still a parasite regardless of their tactics. You can wash a turd, but it'll still be nothing more than a shiny piece of shit.

Edit to add cut/paste from shiny turd web site titled "Skydiving Wichita"

"For directions to Skydiving Wichita from anywhere in the area, please call us at
1-800-791-5867."

Price given for Tandem in Kansas
"*$145 Student rates and Group discounts are available."
Maybe this price simply hasn't been updated in 10 years?

And they even have a "Directions" page. Who said that they use deceptive tactics? Here's how you get to "Skydiving Wichita";
"For directions to Skydiving Wichita from anywhere in the area, please call us at
1-800-791-5867."

I called to find out how to get there, unfortunately all their representatives were "busy helping other people's dreams come true". I lost patience and hung up.

Martin

Not True Billy why don't you call in first and find out for yourself. They will tell you where its at first, its up to the customer to purchase thats only if they are ok with where our location is..... see this to me is one of the funny allegations :)

AC DZ

Ryan,
I did PM you directly (after you'd PM'd me about a post), and all I got was a song and dance.
We've had 7 people show at our DZ this year in 4 separate instances, all with printed-out Skyride certificates.
It's sad that the Skyride phone operators aren't the ones that have to witness the poor sucker when they find out they've been ripped off. In one case, the woman sat down on our packing deck and cried, because of how much money she'd spent. Same thing happened last year, and the local ABC affiliate did a story on it. You denied the story, but it has been posted on Skydivingmovies.com, along with the Arizona story and the Georgia stories.
With *so* many people pointing fingers...don't you think there must be _some_ merit to what people are saying?

Nope, he asked Cary about it all and Cary said he never did any of that, ALL those people are all liers and the media is just out to get him, just ask him. Funny how he can't answer 2fat2 fly's question in public. So how about that turbine Ac in SC?
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Wow...I went to Skydivingmovies.com and searched skyride. . .

2 news stories on there, both saying about the same thing.

The one showing Cary being 'interviewed' is almost funny, he looks like he caught pissin' in the soup. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~