ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

I was also under the impression that he tried to go around the family and set up his own deal with the Airport Authority, but correct me if I'm wrong. It's often so hard to keep up with the tangled web of deceit when it's not your own second-nature as it is with some.
Roll Tide Roll

Why do you people keep feeding the trolls? Is there ANY evidence that he works for skyride? I can't imagine that an actual skyride employee would even attempt to defend them, especially not here.

And the whole phone number thing is pretty nuts, but that's a tiny part of what makes skyride so bad. Unfortunately I'm sure there's no direct evidence for who it was that had that phone number switched. But skyride's theft and shady business practices are right out in the open. Those are the issues to focus on.

Dave

Why do you people keep feeding the trolls? Is there ANY evidence that he works for skyride? I can't imagine that an actual skyride employee would even attempt to defend them, especially not here...

You're right. I sit here and ask myself the same thing every day since this began. Maybe instead of posting, I'll just call and ask for him...if only I could remember that number:D
Roll Tide Roll

Ryan I don't mean to be an ass, well maybe I do, but what did you think Cary was going to say? Yeah I did it and I'm proud of it.

And BTW in regards to buying Tullahoma, yes he did try to buy it and the family would not do business with him. Then he tried to go around them and set up a new DZ and the county would not do business with him.

I would say that someday you will learn but the fact that you have been there for 4 yrs tells me that you have found your niche.As I said before maybe Karma is not what they say it is.

No he admitted to trying to buy a DZ in TN and he was told no, thats that, you could be an ass as much as you want it doesn't bother me at all.

I found my niche in business development and vendor relations whether it be here or with any other company its what i am good at.

I am a strong believer in Karma thats why if i said if we were doing something wrong i would quit as i have quit here before for at least 6 months until a change was implemented.

I know since im on the Skyride side you think i am just a pawn but i am a stand up guy and the vendors i speak with will agree
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Ryan,

You have to admit you don't really know much about the skydiving industry, whereas almost everyone you are conversing with here does, with years behind them.

Myself, I take a look at the numbers: I think of how many people I know who have left your company's association (and not usually on good terms, I might add), and I compare that to how many people (already within the industry, not outsiders coming in initially) have gravitated toward it.

There is no question which list is by far fuller.
Roll Tide Roll

The "crickets chirping" and most of his responses thus far imply to me that he doesn't want to know.

But at least we know. "They" may screw over a lot of people, and may impose temporary setbacks upon the resistant, but "they" don't always win, do they?

No. They Don't. I am sure of that.;)

Roll Tide Roll

well the closest affiliated locations would be in Walterboro. As for where the picture came from beats the hell out of me probably FlickR

closest affiliated is Walterboro, yep maybe 1.5 - 2 hours away!! that is after going to Columbia and heading south, or you could just head north 50 minutes from Columbia to a full-time turbine DZ - oh my bad, they are not affililiated with Skyride

website says turbine aircraft and all jumps made from 14,000' guaranteed, when did they put a turbine in the Cessena 182? i guess that is what you need to get to 14K with a 182

as for AFF training - not at Walterboro, their real website says they do static line
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

well the closest affiliated locations would be in Walterboro.

Ok, then where is the turbine "Skydive South Carolina uses TURBINE AIRCRAFT 7 days a week, 365 days a year" guaranteed to 14K "We are the ONLY skydiving center in South Carolina that guarantees 14,000 foot skydives every day"

Do we need to go into the implications of "Our aircraft are professionally maintained, making them the safest skydiving planes available."

Trust me when I tell you that I know more about the mechanics in South Carolina than anyone in the boiler room in Georgia and all of the jump aircraft in the state are professionally maintained and the 182's in Walterboro are no better or worse mechanically than the rest.

"Safety is important, and this significant detail sets us apart."
Putting an emphasis on safety places you at the norm, it is not a difference.
So, I expect that the changes will be made to the website to make it more accurate.
So, fix it or just admit that you're so full of shit that your great grandkids will have brown eyes.

Please understand that this doesn't crack on Walterboro-I love the DZ and have had one of my most memorable jumps there and look forward to going back.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

The noose is tightening. None, (that I know of) of the DZ's in Iowa accept Skyride certs anymore.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The noose is tightening. None, (that I know of) of the DZ's in Iowa accept Skyride certs anymore.

So, Iowa and Utah down, only 48 states, some territories, and the globe to go.

Baby steps.

Illinois, California, and Florida, can I hear you say "Amen?"
Roll Tide Roll