ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

See I told you nothing has changed. Well I guess I was a little wrong. They have changed the group they are trying to screw. Maybe they could start selling hooker rides next. At least then you would know where the hell you had to go to redeem the damn certificate.

I heard that one of the virginia dropzones is now taking skyride certificates. Anyone know of the dz?
I still can't believe dropzones are taking these skyride certificates. Do you guys really need that little extra money. There is business out there. Just get off your lazy asses and find it.
Don't know if this is true but does lake wales take skyride gift certificates? I go down there every year. If so may have to switch back to z-hills.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Last I heard Lake Wales does. It surprises me since the Wests from Greene Co. are down there for the winter and they are totally against Skyride. You would think that they could talk some sense into them. I thought I read there had been some changes down there and Betty had taken back over the DZ so maybe that will change.

Last I heard Lake Wales does. It surprises me since the Wests from Greene Co. are down there for the winter and they are totally against Skyride. You would think that they could talk some sense into them. I thought I read there had been some changes down there and Betty had taken back over the DZ so maybe that will change.

Lets hope so. Is fayard that broke that he needs their certificates. I know there is a list on here of the scummy dz's that take them. Can someone please post again. I know it doesn't really effect dz's that much if regular jumpers don't jump there. With enough people boycotting that dz then it is a start
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I had an interview today with a guy who pre-paid 3 jumps (all tandems I believe) with them. He was able to take the first as he went to ASC. He said that after he bought them he started hearing more about problems with the business that he bought them through. I'm pretty sure he was talking about skyride, as he didn't say that he got them from ASC (but isn't that really the same thing?). I told him where I jumped, and he said he had seen the buses at the airport. The people he was with told him, "that's just the competition."

What has the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs done lately regarding this issue (in Georgia)?

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Is there anything we, as a community, can do to shut this down before they cause lasting damage to the industry?

You know what, I think the majority of skydivers should just drop the Skyride issue altogether.

Yes, they annoy me with their false websites, weather insurance and deceptive business practices.

The buyer must beware. Who in their right mind wouldn’t do research among the various dropzones and service providers via the internet & BBB.com when pursuing something as unusual as skydiving.

If you don’t shop around, you’re going to pay more. This is true in any industry. I personally don’t feel an obligation to save these dupes from themselves due to their own laziness as consumers to research the facts about a vendor before handing over a credit card number.

If a vendor refused to tell me the location of their dropzone, I wouldn’t give them my credit card number. I’d hang up.

If a vendor refused to tell me the location of their dropzone, I wouldn’t give them my credit card number. I’d hang up.

If that were the case I might agree with you.. But what they do is far more than that. It is the Outright LIES they tell the customers. IF you called someone and they told you they were in Utah, Wouldn’t you expect them to be in Utah?? Or when they tell a customer they will jumping at a DZ that doesn’t even take their certificates???
Or when they call the Phone Company pretending to be another DZ and have their phone call rerouted to their call center??

These guys go Waaaaaay beyond just being slightly deceptive. They are willing to Lie, Cheat and Steal. This type of Scum needs to be eradicated from any industry.

This is not just buyer beware, it is Buyers being Lied to. The sad thing is they have by far the largest presence on the web which is the first place people goto to find a place to jump. There are at least 10 websites for Fake Skyride DZ`s that do not exist for every REAL DZ website on the web. Even if a Customer was to look up 3 different "Local" dropzones on the web and call them all.. Most likely they will reach the call center in Smyrna Georgia all 3 times and get told nothing but lies.

Is there anything we, as a community, can do to shut this down before they cause lasting damage to the industry?

You know what, I think the majority of skydivers should just drop the Skyride issue altogether.

Yes, they annoy me with their false websites, weather insurance and deceptive business practices.

The buyer must beware. Who in their right mind wouldn’t do research among the various dropzones and service providers via the internet & BBB.com when pursuing something as unusual as skydiving.

If you don’t shop around, you’re going to pay more. This is true in any industry. I personally don’t feel an obligation to save these dupes from themselves due to their own laziness as consumers to research the facts about a vendor before handing over a credit card number.

Jaco

People are still falling for the Nigeria scam:S

By talking the talk instead of walking the walk you just did the opposite of what your preaching.:ph34r:

Your a skydiver, say have no interest in the effects that skyrides "business model" has on unsophicated consumers, but your helping get the word out by posting your opinion on the internet about 1-800-SKYRIDE .

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

OK you have an opinion and you're entitled to that.

Can I change you mind with this?:

Forget the wuffo consumer. What about US? What about the damage being done to the skydiving industry...of which you are a part?

I'm pretty sure that ripped off wuffos aren't telling their friends about the wonderful world of skydiving.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OK you have an opinion and you're entitled to that.

Can I change you mind with this?:

Forget the wuffo consumer. What about US? What about the damage being done to the skydiving industry...of which you are a part?

I'm pretty sure that ripped off wuffos aren't telling their friends about the wonderful world of skydiving.

I could see less and less new jumpers getting into the sport because people got SCREWED by those BLEEP-BLEEPING BLEEP-BAGS and complained to their friends, who warned their friends, and so on.

That is just one of the effects Skyride is having on us. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know...I live pretty darn close to one of the owner's addresses (according to the e-mail from a former skyride worker). Hmmm...
SCR #14809

that sounds like a threat to me. I wouldnt talk like that on a public forum, probably not smart. anyway....have fun

That sounds like a slanted observation. Perhaps subconsciously you are wishing ill will? I know that I wasn't.

Anyhow, have a great day. Go skydive or something.

- David
SCR #14809

You know i really hate to go here but i got to........:(:(:(:(:(:(

THEY IMPERSONATED A DEAD MAN IN ORDER TO STEAL HIS BUSINESS..............>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

HOW FUCKING LOW CAN YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NO JACO I AM NOT GOING TO FORGET ABOUT IT EVER!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE THAT DEAD MAN WAS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!! AND HIS WIDOW AND ORPHANED DAUGHTER ARE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO INSTEAD OF JUST BOPPING IN HERE AND MOUTHING OFF, GET A FUCKING CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR SPORT!!!!!!!!! AND GET INVOLVED IN THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!! OTHERWISE YOU ARE JUST PART OF THE PROBLEM>:(>:(>:(>:(

sorry i had to yell....:(

There's a big difference between aggressive marketing and FRAUD.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

[reply

Tell me what this is , John.
I checked out a link somebody sent me with regards to Skyride..it was for Skydive Henderson , Nevada.
I just recently moved from Henderson , Nevada and am quite positive there is not and has never been a DZ there.
Would we consider this aggressive marketing, fraud or an outright lie?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

[reply

I checked out a link somebody sent me with regards to Skyride..it was for Skydive Henderson , Nevada.
I just recently moved from Henderson , Nevada and am quite positive there is not and has never been a DZ there.

either or both of those in bold.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And before someone tries to make a point that Skydive Chicago isn't "in" Chicago and SDA isn't "in" Atlanta-there's a big difference between associating with a nearby metro area and not even being in the same time zone-a goodly portion of the fraudulent skyride sites are for areas so far away from skyride dz that you can't get there without commercial air travel or packing food for the trip:S

I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I am looking to do my first skydive and was almost taken in by these people. BE VERY CAREFUL, they are selling all types of these certificates on eBay thru the store name Thrill Planet Adventures. Here's the link http://stores.ebay.com/Thrill-Planet-Adventures.

Not after a few well written emails to eBay security. Seems ThrillPlanet has gone away.

"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Or 4,,,An obvious commercial for a male chicken ranch in Utah?
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I am looking to do my first skydive and was almost taken in by these people. BE VERY CAREFUL, they are selling all types of these certificates on eBay thru the store name Thrill Planet Adventures. Here's the link http://stores.ebay.com/Thrill-Planet-Adventures.

Not after a few well written emails to eBay security. Seems ThrillPlanet has gone away.

YES!!! A small measure of justice... There's still much more work to be done, but that's good news. B|

That is good news. I just wanted to share one more thing about this company.

Someone earlier asked about whether Thrill Planet had actually sold any of the certificates on eBay seeing how they had a feedback score of zero. I was able to find out that they had, however, I was also a little perplexed as to why they had zero feedback. Well, I just found out how.

A few days ago I sent them a question through eBay about one of their skydiving certificates and asked them if I could also purchase some whiter-water rafting, helicopter ride, and hot balloon certificates at the same time. This is the exact response I received:

"We offer a lot of different events if you go to our website thrillplanet.com you can take a look and let me know what else you may be interested in or you can give me a call at 1-800-759-7433 i can let you know what type of discount i can give you when we talk."

It turns out that Thrill Planet was only using eBay as an advertising venue. They were having customers circumvent the entire eBay process and go directly through them instead to make purchases. That is a huge no-no in eBay's eyes because it takes away all buyer protection in the event something goes wrong with the sell. That fact, coupled with multiple emails to eBay, has successfully shut down Thrill Planet's deceptive advertising on eBay for the time being!
There are three types of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't.

This issue IS hurting the active skydiving community. A few weeks ago I was visiting a smaller Cessna DZ in Tennessee. They said business is way down from previous years and they think it's mostly due to Skyride. The latest scam is that when people call around to schedule their tandem jump and get prices from different DZs they are told they can make a tandem jump for $129 at ASC. They then put down a $70 deposit (these numbers are approximate, I don't know the actual numbers). The deposit is not refunded and when they show up they are then charged $129. Sounds pretty deceptive to me... :S:S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091