ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

That is fucked up. They need to be shut down, like yesterday.

They should have saved us all the grief by never starting up in the first place. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They need to be shut down, like yesterday.

They can be shut down easily, but unfortunately many US dropzone owners don't agree that they should be. Or at least they're too scared to stop accepting the gift certificates because their competition may take all that business. But if everyone stopped, skyride would no longer have any legitimate business (except for the dropzones that they own). And since they don't really increase the overall number of tandems done, it wouldn't have any overall negative effect if they just went away. Dropzones could get all that business back just by competing the old fashioned, ethical way.

Dave

Not that I know of... but look at DSE's post about the DZO conference higher on the page:

Attending the DZO conference here at PIA, I was bowled over by the numbers of DZ's that accept the Skyride coupons ... I'd venture to say that by show of hands, at least 30% of the DZO's in the room were taking coupons from Skyride

Dave

Not that I know of... but look at DSE's post about the DZO conference higher on the page:

Attending the DZO conference here at PIA, I was bowled over by the numbers of DZ's that accept the Skyride coupons ... I'd venture to say that by show of hands, at least 30% of the DZO's in the room were taking coupons from Skyride

Dave

What Dropzones need is an effective alternative to Skyride. I'm working on it; give me another year and Dropzone’s won't need to turn to broker based sales because commission based online affiliate sales will be possible. Affiliate sales pay advertisers a percentage of sales - but in order to make it happen a system needs to be put in place that tracks sales all the way from the first visit to a website, to an exchange of money. In addition a number of web services need to exist to help provide electronic availability, quotes, and purchase orders... This puts sales in the hands of advertisers but pricing and customer service where it belongs - at the Dropzone.

It's all being built right now - and after it's done; we can let business like Travelocity, Expedia, Myspace, Google, Youtube, and just about any other popular travel or social network sites give skyride a run for their money.

Skyride may be a unique company in the Skydiving industry, but many other industries have seen the same problems out of other businesses. If you study patterns across other entertainment industries, you’ll see that the solution is a shift from sales brokers to sales agents. In today’s world, tools exist that allow service providers and merchants precise control over sales terms; businesses should not have to give up the right to represent their own customer service department because it is not economically feasible, they just need someone to help them put those tools to use in the industry.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Dave

Looking back at my PIA vids, I wish I'd have shot from the front of the room rather than the back of the room. Then we'd have faces to go with hands, and y'all could figure out what DZO's are in favor of the Skyride operation.
I wonder what might happen if folks asked their DZO's about it, and explained that as fun jumpers, it's not good juju to support a DZ that supports Skyride. Sort of an "ethics by proxy" movement. [:/]
there has got to be a method of figuring out what DZ's support Skyride.

Anyone know of DZ's in Canada that accept? I'm not sure if they broke in or not, but I do know that they were calling around. As a matter of fact, they got contact info from this website and ended up contacting the guy that put the DZ up on the list here and not the DZO.

He told them where to go.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I wonder what might happen if folks asked their DZO's about it, and explained that as fun jumpers, it's not good juju to support a DZ that supports Skyride.

I don't get the feeling that the DZs that work with skyride are generally the DZs that give a crap about what fun jumpers think... or about ethics or business practices for that matter, since they're making money off of skyride's stolen websites and other deceitful practices.

Dave

Everyone should put Skyride / Thrill Planet in their post about Skyride so eventually when people are doing a search for Thrill Planet they will find some of this stuff.Thrill Planet is their business that is doing this with all kinds of other activities.Why just fuck the skydiving wuffos when you can fuck everyone?

Everyone should put Skyride / Thrill Planet in their post about Skyride so eventually when people are doing a search for Thrill Planet they will find some of this stuff.Thrill Planet is their business that is doing this with all kinds of other activities.Why just fuck the skydiving wuffos when you can fuck everyone?

You mean like this one?
[edited to make clicky]

Thrillride, Adventure Sports, Skyride...all high-risk buys. Hopefully 2007 season will bring some awareness to the general public about these guys.

Good idea. I know of several adventure outfitters that are outraged by Thrill Planet. They even have disclaimers on their websites warning people about them. Ballooning, whitewater rafting, warbirds, and stock car racing companies alike are warning people about Thrill Planet and Thrill Planet Bikini Team. >:(

Finally some news on the legal front..

The Judge in the Skyride-Arizona Skydiving Case handed down a Couple rulings on Motions, Appears to this laymen that it was a Slam Dunk for Arizona. If I am reading this correctly, All 3 rulings favored Arizona Skydiving.. And it appears that www.skydivingarizona.com may soon actually belong to an actual Dropzone (as opposed to its current status as a Skyride sight complete with pictures of ASC (Atlanta Skydiving Centers) Otter as their Jump Plane.:S

I have attached the ruling for anyone that is having trouble sleeping.:P

Maybe a real lawyer who actually has a Clue (As Opposed to me that really has no idea what I am talking about) can read it and Comment.

This is just a ruling on a couple motions. Looks like this case still has a long way to go before it is finaly resolved.

I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that what you just posted was the court overturning an earlier decision.

The State of Arizona does have jurisdiction and Ben/Cary are legally/financially accountable in that State. From my understanding this means that SDAZ can pursue them personally as well as Skyride.

With this legal precedent I wonder if any other dropzones around the country will pick up from here and file similar lawsuits.

The State of Arizona does have jurisdiction and Ben/Cary are legally/financially accountable in that State.

Close, but a bit off. Ben and Cary were alleging that Arizona has "personal jurisdiction" over the corporation that Ben and Cary operate. "Personal jurisdiction" is meant to satisfy due process. For example, if I entered a contract with another person in California and that person sued me for breach of contract in Vermont, I could say, "I've never been to Vermont or done anything in Vermont. It's not fair to make me travel there or face Vermont courts, unless I signed a forum and controlling law agreement in the contract for Vermont, which there is none."

So the personal jurisdiction argument is pretty common sense. BEn and Cary were saying that their corporation could be sued in Arizona, but not them. The previous holding of the court agreed with them that while there is "personal jurisdiction" over the corporation, anything that Ben or Cary did with Arizona was as an officer of the corporation, and not for personal purpose.

The court has now reversed itself, finding that there were sufficient allegations that Ben and Cary purposely availed themselves in a personal capacity of the resources and protections of Arizona - it sounds like this is because it was Ben and Cary that directed the corporation's activities in Arizona.

Interestingly, the court found thsi to be the case solely on account of unrebutted allegations in the complaint. The court stated, "Noticeably absent from the Individual Defendants' affidavits is any statement suggesting the they did not play an active role in the direction and control of the websites at issue." (page 6, lines 26-28). So the court must accept the allegations of the complaint as true for purposes of this motion.

In a sense, Ben and Cary argued that assuming everything in the Complaint is true, the Arizona court doesn't have person jurisdiction over them individually. The court disagreed.

I think that this is a setback for Cary and Ben, though not necesaarily a huge one. The court hasn't even gotten to anything subtantive. This is all just procedural and the pleadings (complaint, cross-complaint, answer, etc) are not even fully worked out yet.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I some how ended up on their website. Look at the tandem Pagr . Have you ever seen a right door Twin Otter especially with green paint were the black exhaust smudge paint usually goes. I called and the guy said they dont have to know about the airplanes they "OWN" just how to book passengers. I call our DZ and ask if they have weather and terrorist insurance too. They say of course I can also get sniffles and no farts insurance too.Beat that Skyride. USPA has Junes calendar Photo with a right door Otter and a right door DC-3. Maybe they buy from the same plane dealer. I have jumped a right door DC3 before but not an Otter . They must make them for England they put steering wheels on the wrong side too.. I did call USPA and after 6 or 7 people thet finally agreed the negative was backwards. Thet must get attitude lessons from Skyride. I have checked corrections and as expected it was ignored.

It's very common to print pictures backwards in publications to keep the readers' eyes flowing into the page. I haven't seen the parachutist or website you're talking about, but magazines hate showing something moving to the left if it's along the left edge of the page... it tends to look distracting. You see them flip pictures all the time in aviation magazines, often forgetting that the registration is now backwards, making it completely obvious.

But that has nothing to do with skyride...

Skyride is very tricky making their scam websites look real. Before the SkydivingArizona.com is transferred to SDA, take a look at their list of local hotels: http://www.skydivingarizona.com/restaurants.html. Nice generic list of hotels that could be anywhere!

Dave

Have a Cached copy of that page? It looks like the linked one is offline already. :D

Page is working for me....
Also, if you go to www.arizonaskydive.com, it redirects you to www.skydivingarizona.com, which has links to all the restaurants, etc. Even has a riggers page. did you know that Eloy requires AADs? (according to that page):D
I've cached the page, as the Attorney General for theState of Utah is now investigating Skyride.
A Utah television station busted them last year.
If your state's media has done a story on Skyride, please post it here, or send me a PM? I'm collecting as much info as I can to assist in seeing Skyride shut out of our area. Of the four DZ's here, none of them accept Skyride coupons.

[edited to fix clicky]

If your state's media has done a story on Skyride, please post it here...

Here's a story and a follow-up from Fox TV Atlanta's Randy Travis Investigative Reporter.

Original story:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=470757&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Update:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=2034603&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

thank you. I had the original, but not the followup. Between utah, arizona, and georgia, maybe these clowns can be closed up.
Anyone know if Casa Grande is part of the Skyride network? I sent an email to the address on the SkydiveArizona.com website, and the response that came back was that they owned Casa Grande dropzone.