ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Everyone should go spend some money at Skydive Arizona

ABSOLUTELY!!! ;) I wish I were near there I would.

Ditto...even though I feel that I'm not really impacted by the whole debacle, their cheezy websites alone make me want to jump on the bash skyride wagon.

no defense intended here, but we as a society can't even punish Ken Lay, nor the people who have us in a stranglehold with $3 a gallon gas. I guess the skyride thing may strike closer to home with us but I seriously doubt many of you are nearly as voceriferous in attacking those who have done much greater harm

...but I seriously doubt many of you are nearly as voceriferous in attacking those who have done much greater harm

In English this means...:S

Sorry dont have my dictionary here. Yes, I am um...intelligently impaired. :P

and greater harm? example please. Just so I understand where you are coming from. Dont want to misunderstand you.

Thanks

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA

no defense intended here, but we as a society can't even punish Ken Lay, nor the people who have us in a stranglehold with $3 a gallon gas. I guess the skyride thing may strike closer to home with us but I seriously doubt many of you are nearly as voceriferous in attacking those who have done much greater harm

So there are people in the world doing greater harm,so we should do nothing about this???Say what you mean!Are you still taking Skyride certificates??
I guess we should start a list of things to put a stop to and start at the top.Where would we start?Global Warming,Starvation.

At the top of the list we should try and find a place for all those people living in the bunk house at ASC. Who knows they may need a place sooner than they think:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...but I seriously doubt many of you are nearly as voceriferous in attacking those who have done much greater harm

In English this means...:S

Sorry dont have my dictionary here. Yes, I am um...intelligently impaired.
and greater harm? example please. Just so I understand where you are coming from. Dont want to misunderstand you.

I think he ment vociferous... :|

How can you mention Ken Lay and $3 gasoline when there are such other injustices in the world? Why focus on that when there are thousands - if not millions - of starving North Koreans living under an oppressive regime.

Why go after 3 dollar gasoline?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think he ment vociferous... :|

Thanks for correcting my errant spelling. Point is, many of the people who decry Ben and Cary have personal stakes in the outcome. And many pretend to be perfect little angels.

Sorry, most of this isn't directed to benforde. Like I said, I wasn't intedning to defend skyride, asc, ben, cary, etc. with my most recent posts. Just to point out that the extremes to which some take it: "burn them", "send them to jail for life"... puh-lease, Burn the ceo of Exxon-mobil, burn the Saudi royal family, burn Ken Lay... You people act as if B&C are the biggest villains in the world, when in fact this is small potatoes. Rather than sending your money to help Skydive Arizona (a business) sue Skyride (another business), how about you send money to people who need it, like skydivers affected by hurricane Katrina, or anything else for that matter.

I have been very quiet through this whole thread and assure you I have nothing to gain by ASC or Skyride shutting down.I just don't care for the whole "The end justifies the means"attitude.This is not new on the east coast and I have seen many years of what Ben and Carry have done.I hope that both businesses shut down and the owners go to jail for a little Bubba Love.

I have been very quiet through this whole thread and assure you I have nothing to gain by ASC or Skyride shutting down.I just don't care for the whole "The end justifies the means"attitude.This is not new on the east coast and I have seen many years of what Ben and Carry have done.I hope that both businesses shut down and the owners go to jail for a little Bubba Love.

Chris, you may or may not have anything to gain from the demise of ASC/skyride. I know for a fact that many attendees of the roaming dz boogies were weaned off student status at ASC. As far as the end justifies the means attitude, I agree that it sucks but not only is it "not new on the east coast", it's not new anywhere. The principle dictates the function of the world as a whole. The question is overall, who gets hurt and who wins if the whole thing goes under? I personally know a few people who would be devastated (owners not withstanding). So how about this, someone make an offer... to those employed or jumping at ASC, pennridge, pell city, give us a place to go, where we won't have to leave our families or friends, yet we'll still be able to make a living at what we love, skydiving. That's all I'm looking for, and the only reason I ever worked at ASC was the opportunity to stay alive doing something I loved.

>nor the people who have us in a stranglehold with $3 a gallon gas.

It is your choice to spend $3 on a gallon of gas. They don't draw you in with a promise of $1 a gallon gas, then tell you "Oh yeah, pumping fee's not included, and unless you want us to burn your car there's a safety surcharge." If they did that, you might have a case against them. If not, why the heck should they be punished for providing a service you are willing to pay for?

The lawsuit against Skyride has been filed because they engaged in deceptive business practices and have infringed copyrights. It's not because they are 'bad' or people don't like them, or because they charge too much for tandems.

I think everyone understands your predicament. What are your qualifications in order to help you find work either at another DZ or other employment. Mike Gruell left and i am sure he has taken a huge pay cut. Money isn't everything. If your like any of the other staff that have ventured to other DZ's i believe yur stress level will drop immensely. Let us know what you do at ASC and maybe some dz can help
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Since you know me maybe you can tell me who you are.

If it takes the kind of deception that Ben and Carey have orchestrated to make a living skydiving,and I don't believe it does,then maybe no one should.I don't believe that you have me or anyone else to blame for what is happening.You can blame Ben and Carey.They created this mess and it finally caught up with them.BTW the RoamingDZ is for everyone.I don't recall checking log books to see where everyone came from.

After being quiet about all this for some time, I am glad that somebody remembers that some good folks are getting hurt in all this. I have jumped at ASC and plenty of other places too. Been jumping at ASC mainly because I had friends that jumped or worked there.

If Ben and Cary have done all the things that have been spelled out so clearly here, I hope that it comes to a just ending. It isn't my place to say whether they are guilty or innocent, or what that just ending should be. If there is smoke, there is usually fire, and it will all play out.

It is a shame that the Skyride idea hasn't worked out to the benefit of skydiving and all of us in general. It could have been so much different. Believe it or not, I have met people from some small drop zones that actually like Skyride because it has helped keep them going. But after reading so many threads, they must be in the minority.

Finally a word to everybody: Please don't forget in your anger that some of the folks getting hurt are our friends, free and good spirits that have tried to live a dream the best they can. Let's get back to having a good time.
qoq