ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Pennridge is owned by the same people that own ASC and Skyride.

Glad to hear that Crosskeys finally stoped accepting them. Now if more DZ's would do the same... there would be no where for their customers to go.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

No.... crosskeys haven't accepted them for a while...I heard that Pennridge is closely connected to skyride though. There is a strong anti-skyride feeling in x-keys.

Pennridge is owned by the same people that own Skyride.Lookout DZO's theres a new dropzone headed your way if you accept those certificates.

No.... crosskeys haven't accepted them for a while...I heard that Pennridge is closely connected to skyride though. There is a strong anti-skyride feeling in x-keys.

Pennridge is owned by the same people that own Skyride.Lookout DZO's theres a new dropzone headed your way if you accept those certificates.

I really hope people are starting to see this. I love it when people say you shouldn't care about Skyride if you are not directly being stolen from....in the end this can/will effect all jumpers! How? Imagine if your dz was never getting new tandem biz or other students? If Skyride continues to be successful and open their own dropzones they will have a strong marketing infrastruture that will steal your student biz from you and send it to their tandem mill. By taking Skyride certificates you are giving them the down payment for a new dz to compete with you and steal your biz. Once the real dz's no longer have their cash cow, they will go under and fun jumpers will be screwed. How many dzs will need to go under before people realize this? (I'm sure I won't be invited to a Skyride DZ after starting this thread:))

Wow, I just ypes "skydive Hutchinson" in a search engine, and I clicked on the like that said "Skydive Hutchinson".
http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ieas&p=skydive+hutchinson&y=on
It's the second one in the sponsered sites.

Isn't that false advertising? Isn't that blatantly stealing traffic from Hutchinson?
That's gall!

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

This is the first time I have seen this list - scroll down to the bottom and look at the cities they claim they service:

http://www.1800skyride.com/over.aspx?OVRAW=skydive%20chicago&OVKEY=skydive%20chicago&OVMTC=standard

This is the first time I have seen this list - scroll down to the bottom and look at the cities they claim they service:

http://www.1800skyride.com/over.aspx?OVRAW=skydive%20chicago&OVKEY=skydive%20chicago&OVMTC=standard

Servicing the following locations:

Even Barrow, Alaska!
:o
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I just read the beginning and the end of this thread so I'm not sure if this has been said before. The owners of this un-ethical business is operating a dz? If they are getting there money from tandems... who are the instructors? If we are sticking together (which I agree and will talk to my dzo, he has been accepting the certs) then if we don't do their tandems or jump at their dz how will their dz's remain afloat?

Just a thought, get them at the source, so to speak.

wow they apparently service every major town in the united states. something tells me they just put all those cities on there to get a hit for a web search.

MB 3528, RB 1182

HEY - where did my review go??

I would hate to think that HH is now taking less than favourable reviews off the DZ Reviews just because these guys buy advertising space.

That would SUCK!!!

I wrote a review when I first moved here 4 years ago that was unfavourable and now it's not even on the page. What's up wit dat??

I will never give ASC my money, time, or interest -

but don't you find it the least bit amusing that their own staff roam around to other dz's wearing their staff jackets and shirts in search of better 'atmospheres'...and yet when other dz staff bother to visit their dz (for what reason - who knows?:S)...they're asked to either a) leave, or b) buy a t-shirt to wear over the top of theirs.:S

SO MUCH FOR COMRADERIE AND ACCEPTANCE!!!
There's a reason these guys (1-800-SKYRIDE owners & managers) have a reputation...

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I would hate to think that HH is now taking less than favourable reviews off the DZ Reviews just because these guys buy advertising space.

You won't find any Skyride or ASC "advertising" on Dropzone.com, but ASC continues to have a Dropzone Registry entry & reviews. If your review was indeed four years ago, it may not have made the leap from generation to generation of Dropzone.com when HH switched some software and/or formatting. Direct these questions to Sangiro via PM and he will have better answers to your questions.
Arrive Safely

John

I've helped two dzos in the past couple of weeks make their web site more search engine friendly.

Air Capital Drop Zone (Wichita Kansas) is one of the two DZs Jan has helped recently to improve my website. I don’t know exactly how much time Jan spent, but she did type a couple of emails similar in length to the post I’m replying to right now. She didn’t charge me for the extremely helpful advice, but I would not hesitate to pay her for her services! http://www.makeithappen.com/ one of her sites

For anyone who does not know Jan Meyer (MakeItHappen) is a USPA national director. Also for anyone who didn’t know (and a reminder to those who did) the deadline for voting is December 31. I would certainly think that if you are interested in doing something regarding Skyride, one of the easiest things to do would be to vote! I have no doubt that Jan will win reelection, but I also think that an overwhelming and unprecedented landfall for her would most defiantly give her some serious clout on the board!

Ballot link http://www.uspa.org/news/bodelection/images/Web_Ballot_2004.pdf

This post is by any definition a political endorsement, and normally might not belong in this forum but I think that Jan’s activity regarding Skyride defiantly should override if I’m breaking ‘forum norms’ by doing so.

Martin Myrtle
Air Capital Drop Zone
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I just set up a paid sponsor advertisement with Goggle, and now understand how charges for these ads are calculated. I pay when someone searches Goggle, and links to my site through the “paid sponsor” link. If two businesses come up it’s an action, whoever offered to pay the most will be at the top, you set your own limits for per click through, and a daily limit. Any time someone clicks any of the Skyride paid sponsor links Cary Q is charged for that click through. I would never suggest that people purposely click on Cary’s links just to transfer money form his pocket to Goggles pocket.
I don’t know whether the sponsor gets charged for the same ip if that person clicks through multiple times or not, maybe someone else does.
It is interesting, you might even want to pass this little bit of trivia to your skydiving friends?
I set up for key words such as “skydive Wichita” “skydiving Wichita” and also my add only comes up the geographical areas I specified. I will pay a max of $2.00 a day, something for DZs to consider.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

You won't find any Skyride or ASC "advertising" on Dropzone.com, but ASC continues to have a Dropzone Registry entry & reviews.

How come its okay for these guys to have their own staff review their employing dz? They are so obvious and so biased its not even funny. They are making a mockery of dz.com's dropzone review section.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Just FYI for everyone reading this thread.

This is a direct , cut, copy and paste from the ASC forum.

"If you are a moron and can not research what drop zones are in the state you live in then maybe you should have to drive hours and hours. Yeah I could go to that other place, but I want to skydive, not sit on the ground half the day "

Now tell me that at least some of the regulars from ASC do not know what Skyride does in their deceptive tactics, as well as approve those tactics.

I wish ASC no ill, but I wish them no success either>:(

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

Any time someone clicks any of the Skyride paid sponsor links Cary Q is charged for that click through. I would never suggest that people purposely click on Cary’s links just to transfer money form his pocket to Goggles pocket.

Don't do that - there was a recent lawsuit over that topic. Besides, it wouldn't be the way to stop him from his deceptive practices. Keep the focus on what you did with your website, not taking the certifications and helping those that are taking legal action.

This has officially become the most redundant and useless thread ever.

The marketing model has been established by these guys for better or worse. If you stamp them out, I guarantee someone else will do it. There's too much money involved for them not to.

If someone else does it minus the obvious copyright infringements, there's really going to be nothing to stop them.

I'm actually more surprised that more people aren't doing it already.

The marketing model has been established by these guys for better or worse. If you stamp them out, I guarantee someone else will do it. There's too much money involved for them not to.

If someone else does it minus the obvious copyright infringements, there's really going to be nothing to stop them.

It must be so redundant that you haven't read it. Jan Meyer listed a few posts up a bunch of these "services", so I guess there are a bunch of them already.

AC DZ

Agreed, there is a fair amount of repeats in here.

I've said several times that this marketing style is not a bad thing and that it could be done right.

This is why I keep pointing out the focus towards the theft of material and bait/switch practices.

As Jan pointed out earlier, other DZs are starting to do the samething, but without theft.

Any time someone clicks any of the Skyride paid sponsor links Cary Q is charged for that click through. I would never suggest that people purposely click on Cary’s links just to transfer money form his pocket to Goggles pocket.

Don't do that - there was a recent lawsuit over that topic. Besides, it wouldn't be the way to stop him from his deceptive practices. Keep the focus on what you did with your website, not taking the certifications and helping those that are taking legal action.

It would obviously be easy to track if people were abusing the sponsor links. No doube the IP addresses are recorded by Google.

AC DZ

I've said several times that this marketing style is not a bad thing and that it could be done right.

This is why I keep pointing out the focus towards the theft of material and bait/switch practices.

As Jan pointed out earlier, other DZs are starting to do the samething, but without theft.

I could see this type of service being valuable to some of the small DZs. Some of those mom and pop operations do not have anyone to answer the phone as everyone has to have a real job. The answering machine thing works but no doubt costs the DZ business. My wife's job is answering the phone for our DZ, and raising our two boys in her spare time.

AC DZ