ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

You've got a point, but people can lie about their weight or whatever when making arrangements through Skyride or directly with the DZ. As long as Skyride gives their money back if they, for instance, didn't make sure of the 'pre-requisites', then there seems to be no harm except to the potential students free time. If a DZ does accept their certificates, then they have the burden to be sure of Skyride's ability to adequately screen customers.

They sure are good at having their websites come up at the top of the list, when you do a whuffo type of web search.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

yeah but surely they can not sell a skydive to anyone? if the dropzone can not neither should they, this would make a great argument in court. It would be classed as an unsafe practise?
ring them up and ask to buy one, record the phone call, without them asking let them know that you have had a fractured back in your past but would still like to jump. they will want to make the sale. When you are about to pay for it if they say it is ok then tell ask them if you HAVE to check with a doctor first? if they say it will be alright then the uspa would have to step in if they are selling jumps at uspa dropzones. This would close them down. i am not in the states, but would it hurt trying?
it could really catch these people out, ecpecially if they are a call center with students working on commission. In your country everyone sues, this would be a guarantee closure if it went this way.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

yeah but surely they can not sell a skydive to anyone? if the dropzone can not neither should they, this would make a great argument in court. It would be classed as an unsafe practise?
ring them up and ask to buy one, record the phone call, without them asking let them know that you have had a fractured back in your past but would still like to jump. they will want to make the sale. When you are about to pay for it if they say it is ok then tell ask them if you HAVE to check with a doctor first? if they say it will be alright then the uspa would have to step in if they are selling jumps at uspa dropzones. This would close them down. i am not in the states, but would it hurt trying?
it could really catch these people out, ecpecially if they are a call center with students working on commission. In your country everyone sues, this would be a guarantee closure if it went this way.

Your scenario would not likely happen because DZs will still ask the same questions whether customers come from Skyride or not. And they still have to sign the same waivers.

We don't all sue! But it is possible to go from being a sleezy malpractice lawyer preying on 'bad outcomes' to first term senator to having a good chance of being Vice Pres of the US. But of course Edwards was fighting for the 'little guy'. Land of opportunity!

Back on topic, I was surprised they did not claim to be affiliated with local DZs that I knew did not accept their certificates.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

never meant to insult you with the suing thing, i worded it wrong. it is very hard to sue in new zealand, what i meant was alot of people sue in the states.
sorry.
I realise that the dz will go over a waiver with you first but if skyride is giving false unsafe information surely this will concern the uspa in a way that they can tell their members not to have anything to do with skyride and could enforce this. you do not need to close them down but you need to get the uspa to find reason not to let their members deal with this company. i am sure skyride will be reading this now so what i am saying would never work, but someone get crafty and rip them to pieces

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

never meant to insult you with the suing thing,

No offense taken, really :)

what i meant was alot of people sue in the states.

You are correct, which is why I wasn't offended. What does offend me is how the opposition party here opposes any effort at tort reform, pretending to protect the little guy's right to justice.

If there is to be a fight against Skyride, it should be on the grounds of fraud/lying about the DZs they are affiliated.

What is funny is at the Alabama DZ, which I believe ASC, in Cedartown, GA owns, I've seen at least three people in the last two weeks get totally pissed because they used skyride and learned that they BOUGHT the certificate from Georgia, but in AL, you have to be 19 instead of 18 to jump so they had to go to GA to jump, which I don't believe they were told at the time of purchase. I've seen several other cases that are similar to this! They have PLENTY of pissed off customers, one of which I believe may file some sort of law suit. :) Why would someone use skyride anyway? Why not contact the DZ directly and possibly save yourself some money? Maybe you could find enough disgruntled customers and file a class action lawsuit? Who knows...

Why would someone use skyride anyway? Why not contact the DZ directly and possibly save yourself some money?

Because customers don't know any better. I did some ordinary searches and their websites come up at the top of the list, and highlited. Most Students don't know any reason to call the DZ, the skyride people make the arrangements as if they are partners :S

...but in AL, you have to be 19 instead of 18 to jump so they had to go to GA to jump, which I don't believe they were told at the time of purchase...

Really? I thought the age of majority for all states was 18.
-----
~~~Michael

I called the 800# about a month ago to inquire about sky diving on Long Island and was told that
there isnt any on LI because it's too windy. That
answer was a product of sour apples because SDLI
is not an affiliate. The person on the phone hung up
when I gave them an earful. Our DZ and others have
been putting a "CONSUMER ALERT" on their websites

Our DZ and others have
been putting a "CONSUMER ALERT" on their websites

I'm no Internet guru, or anything close...:)

But surely there must be a way to post something,
SOMEWHERE... with a title like~

"Skydive Skyride is a Scam" :P

and have it come up in the course of a google search?!

Anyone..anyone... Beuller?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But surely there must be a way to post something,
SOMEWHERE... with a title like~

"Skydive Skyride is a Scam"

and have it come up in the course of a google search?!

come on dzers, one of you guys has to be ahacker.
close em down:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I don't think there's a need to stoop to their level.

Dave

Hacking and DOS attacks are illegal and immoral. I agree - going to that level is wrong. However, putting up a site warning people about Skyride is fine. But in the long rung that won't have an effect.

Here is an idea - a fund put together so those DZs that have suffered a lose, etc. Once they have the money for the lawyers, court fees, etc, then they can produce results.

Here is an idea - a fund put together so those DZs that have suffered a lose, etc. Once they have the money for the lawyers, court fees, etc, then they can produce results.

This is already in the works...
-----
~~~Michael

So lets cut to the chase, Yes you know skyride is doing the nasty, and your willing to continue to personally benifit from their actions.

That's bullshit. It's a pathertic attack.

I have pointed out I don't approve of some of their actions and am urging people who have been slighted to use their legal recourse.

You keep on asking "Have you taken Legal action" That isn't a option due to the attorny fee's and you know it.

I don't know anything of the sort.

In the past I have won a $4700 judgement for wrongfuly removed/destroyed property in Small claims court. Total filing costs were $58.

I have also recieved a "cease and desist" court order against someone who was using copywrited material of mine without permision. Guess what? When presented with it they stoped using said material. Total fees involves, $17.

Crying that it costs too much to defend what you claim to be yours is a bullshit cop out. It can be done if you're determined.

Put up or BTFU.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

However, putting up a site warning people about Skyride is fine.

It's probably illegal. Heard of slander? Do this the right way. Force them to address the wrongs. Enough of the wronged attack them in the LEGAL avenues they have avaliable, 1 of 2 things will happen. A) they will right the wrongs, B) they'll end up out of business from legal fees/proceedings.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

So lets cut to the chase, Yes you know skyride is doing the nasty, and your willing to continue to personally benifit from their actions.

That's bullshit. It's a pathertic attack.

I have pointed out I don't approve of some of their actions and am urging people who have been slighted to use their legal recourse.

You keep on asking "Have you taken Legal action" That isn't a option due to the attorny fee's and you know it.

I don't know anything of the sort.

In the past I have won a $4700 judgement for wrongfuly removed/destroyed property in Small claims court. Total filing costs were $58.

I have also recieved a "cease and desist" court order against someone who was using copywrited material of mine without permision. Guess what? When presented with it they stoped using said material. Total fees involves, $17.

Crying that it costs too much to defend what you claim to be yours is a bullshit cop out. It can be done if you're determined.

Put up or BTFU.

I've taken one company to small claims court $1500 and won, also filed a cease and desist order against my neighbor. Both without lawyers and minimal cost but we only had to drive 15 miles one day to file the court papers,:| then another 15 milesanother day to meet the referee,:| then another 15 miles another day to meet the judge.:|

So your correct it can be done. Especially if both parties are local:o.

The court isn't a collection agency so even when you win in court you still may have to do some work to collect.:| So we had to do spend two more days to collect the money the court award us.

How far did you have to travel to file tour court cases that you mentioned? Same city? Same County? Would you have filed against someone 2000 mi away?

I wouldn't unless I was Bill Gates or a record company.

Personnely your spin is getting old:o the reader's of DZ.com can read both opinions of your legal option double speak and make their own decision.

Have a nice day.

R.I.P.

However, putting up a site warning people about Skyride is fine.

It's probably illegal. Heard of slander? Do this the right way. Force them to address the wrongs. Enough of the wronged attack them in the LEGAL avenues they have avaliable, 1 of 2 things will happen. A) they will right the wrongs, B) they'll end up out of business from legal fees/proceedings.

The truth is always a valid defense, DP. It's actually the best idea I've heard, far better than the posts bordering on conspiracy to commit a DoS attack. And if skyride wants to claim that it's slanderous to say he ripped out customers (opinion, btw), he can go to the expense and wait for the countersuit.

BTW, SkydiveSacramento sending people to Davis seems pretty reasonable. It's the closest DZ besides Lodi, and only a bit further. Of course, Lodi has no need for skyride with their pricing. Sending them to Perris would be a different story alltogether.

It's probably illegal. Heard of slander?

I agree with Mr. Kelp...
it's not slander if you tell the truth.

Do this the right way.
Force them to address the wrongs.

From what I read in this months Parachutist, that's what
the USPA is attempting to do.
But as we know they don't have the deepest
of pockets either.

I wonder if the BBB has been alerted...not that an
unsuspecting wuffo would call anyway.

I posted my idea wondering how to get a complaining,
yet factual statement of information posted on the
web so that it might come up when skydive..
or skyride would be 'searched'.

I don't know how the search engines are 'powered'
...what causes skyride to appear on top when I
google skydive?

Is it because of # of hits?
Because it's a stand alone website?

I've mentioned the name of a demo team in some
of my posts here at DZ.Com....
when I google the team name, those posts
appear as hits
...but toward the end of the 'search'

Would a 'Dedicated ..stand alone' webpage