ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Thanks for the info Mike, I'll try contacting them as well. Seems that SDA has managed to get on the 1st page, as they are listing a downtown address. Results are listed by proximity to the city center (or search area center).

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Yes im sure you have HEARD things but give me the name of a DZ then you would seem more credible.
We pay all of our DZ's or yea they wouldn't accept or customers thats why we pay them all 100 of them
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

Yes im sure you have HEARD things but give me the name of a DZ then you would seem more credible.

Thanks Ryan, I have left a message for the DZO suggesting he can contact you, if for whatever reason he isn't getting the payment issue resolved. I don't know any of the details.

We pay all of our DZ's or yea they wouldn't accept or customers thats why we pay them all 100 of them

Yes. I agree with Thanatos. In light of the lawsuits against your operation, YOUR credibility could be enhanced if you named the DZs that are doing honest business with you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

And if you were referring to me holding my breath no i just clocked out and went home to chill with my girl.

If i listed the DZ's that take Skyride all of the Anti skyride would start calling them trying get them to drop out and since my job is to sign them on that would be very counter productive on my part. Now if there is a DZO on this forum you can e-mail me directly and i will give you some references for you to call.
Ryan Berger

I know you respect skyride etc etc etc otherwise you wouldn't be working there. Apart from the dz issues, i think this question has been asked numerous times .
HOW DID I DEAD MANS DZO NUMBER GET RE-ROUTED TO SKYRIDE OPERATIONS? So as an employee of this group maybe you could look into it for us all.After all, it could be a mistake by a telephone company.:S

http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I know you respect skyride etc etc etc otherwise you wouldn't be working there. Apart from the dz issues, i think this question has been asked numerous times .
HOW DID I DEAD MANS DZO NUMBER GET RE-ROUTED TO SKYRIDE OPERATIONS? So as an employee of this group maybe you could look into it for us all.After all, it could be a mistake by a telephone company.:S

It was no mistake. The telephone company was duped by whoever at skyride requested the number be re-routed to them.

That was the lowest scum of the scum tactic I have ever known them to do, and for anybody to continue to associate with them after that, well, you made your bed, you lie in it. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Got this info recently:

A soldier in the 101st was looking for a training DZ, so he called Tullahoma and ASC answered (he didn't know at the time that they had stolen the #), they discussed the team training and how the military would pay for things, etc. When the legal paper work got mentioned (contracting military training has a ton of dead trees involved) Skyride changed the tune drastically. They told the soldier they were in GA and they OWNED Tullahoma now, but would recommend one of their affiliate DZ's in KY and proceeded to list every KY DZ from USPA as an affiliate.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He has stated that if he knew he was working for unethical people that he would quit. Still none of the questions get answered. That one question and the answer to it would be enough for ANY self respecting person to take a hard look at who they are working for. So what's it gonna be Ryan?

Your bosses had the phone number of someone that was killed in a skydiving accident rerouted to the Skyride call center and took money out of the pockets of the dead mans family. Answer the question I asked earlier. Is this alright in your book?? No PMs, No private e-mails. Answer the question!!

I have heard about that severally times and yes if that was something intentionally done by Skyride its beyond unethical its just extremely Fvcked up and morally wrong. I cannot see how anybody would do that, now i have not asked Cary or anybody directly about that but i will and i will also let you know what is said, when i first heard it i almost did not believe it since its so fvckin messed up.
I actually haven't heard anything about it since it happened except for on these forums which i until now have never posted. Although i will tell it straight up i am not about bullsh*itting people.

and sorry but i will still shoot private e-mails to resolve individual issues unless requested otherwise. (like so)
Ryan Berger

I just spoke with Cary he said we never stole or had calls forwarded to our company through that DZ. there was an investigation and the phone company stated there was never a forwarded number nor was a number rerouted and we were cleared the reason he thinks this got started was because he did go to Tennessee to see about buying a drop zone.
For an example he stated that Skydive Monroe went out of business and there number is for sale but we have no need for it since we have plenty of 1800 and local numbers that are working just fine.
Also that DZ he was accused of stealing the number was just a small Cessna DZ and the amount of calls that it would generated would make no sense for us to do that. since our local website number generates 100's of calls
Ryan Berger

I just spoke with Cary he said we never stole or had calls forwarded to our company through that DZ. there was an investigation and the phone company stated there was never a forwarded number nor was a number rerouted and we were cleared the reason he thinks this got started was because he did go to Tennessee to see about buying a drop zone.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Cary is a flat out liar. Yes I'm calling him out. LIAR! Go ask Mike Mullins or Beezy Shaw. Go ask Chris Martin's widow (although she probably doesn't want to be bothered). They can tell you exactly what happened.

I just spoke with Cary he said we never stole or had calls forwarded to our company through that DZ.

Well then, that settles it. The owner of the business being investigated by the States of Georgia, Utah, Arizona, and have been the topic and subject of at least a dozen newscasts nationwide for fraud, says they "didn't do it."
What more could you possibly need to know?

I am the former 101st Freefall Safety Officer who called the Tullahoma number and got SKYRIDE!

I asked about contracting and when the legal paper work to make the deal was brought up and the FEDERAL LAW that governs it all, then, and only then, did the operator tell me she was at ASC, but they OWNED the Tullahoma facility, but it would not be operating again till Spring of 2005. She then listed off the Skyride Affiliated DZ's in KY I could contract with. Since Ft. Campbell's Consumer Affairs office had Skyride complaints, I chose not to go any where near that ball of wax.

So I agree with Billy.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

...just a small Cessna DZ and the amount of calls that it would generated would make no sense for us to do that. since our local website number generates 100's of calls

Then, why would he come to Pell City in the first place? It was just a 182 dz. So was Tullahoma...why did he go and try to buy that place out from under the survivors if it were so useless and trivial?
Roll Tide Roll

If it were for sale then how would it be buying out from under someone? Although he didn't go to TN to just look at that DZ he was looking at several airports for a possible new DZ.
If any DZ shuts down or closes its doors it can be bought out its business, yea it sucks that a death was involved and as mean as that sounds that is life, life goes on. In the sport of jumping out a plane shit can happen you probably know that better than me.
As for why he went to Pell City well thats where he is originally from. there and PA
Ryan Berger

If any DZ shuts down or closes its doors it can be bought out its business, yea it sucks that a death was involved and as mean as that sounds that is life, life goes on.

Wow. You do sound like you have found the right place to work.

Now to explain to you what happened.
After Chris Martin died, Beazy Shaw was helping his widow sell the Dropzone and its assets. Those assets consisted of at least one Plane, Gear, Website and the established phone number and name. I am sure there was more as well.

At some point after Chris died, Someone called the phone company claiming to be Chris Martin and had the calls to that DZ redirected to Skyride. They also put password protection on the account to make it hard to get changed back.
This was discovered when after several months when there was a memorial Boogie and Fundraiser held at the Tullahoma DZ for Chris and his family. When several of the Jumpers that would be attending that Boogie called the Tullahoma 800 number that belonged to the DZ, they were connected to Skyride.

It took quit a while to get this fixed because of the passwords and locks that skyride had added to the account once they hijacked it.

Clearly it seems any reasonably intelligent person could look at all the websites for Dropzones that don’t really exist that were designed with the specific intent to make the customer believe that there really is a dropzone by whatever name that particular website is and realize that you are NOT dealing with honest people.