markovwgti

Cookie Composites

I just ordered a camera set up form cookies website...i just realized that they are located in australia...does their equipment get shipped from australia or from somewhere in the US...i really dont want to wait 2-3 weeks to get something from Australia while i could have ordered it from para-gear

You may be waiting no matter who you order from. I just got a side mount for my video camera from Paragear, and it took three weeks. Some of them have 4 week wait times.

I've heard the Boeing 787 is making it difficult to get carbon fibre, but I don't know if that's still true.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

My camera helmet is from Cookie Composites. As a data point, mine was shipped a few days after ordering, and if I recall correctly, took less than a week to arrive. I wouldn't let the fact that they are in Australia dissuade you from choosing them.

Why on earth do you think it would take 2-3 weeks???

It will take about 3-4 days. I live in Australia and ship things to the states and the UK all the time. There is no need for anything to take 2-3 weeks. it is not like he will be putting your helmet in an envelope and sending it with the national post system.

BTW, even if it did take that long, it would be worth it.
I cant imagine a guy that makes camera helmets would really have enough business to warrant having the overheads of a warehouse outside the country he resides in.

Jasons helmets are the best i have ever worn and the lightest. If you ordered it from Para-gear it would probably have taken longer as they more than likely would be waiting for it to arrive from australia and then they would take a further 14 days to get it to you. Paragear takes for ever to get their shipments out.

Enjoy your helmet.. you will LOVE it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yeah, if i remember correctly when i went to pick a box of them up in New Zealand we picked them up from DHL so that would suggest to myself that Cookie has a DHL account. I think DHL guarantee 48 hours shipping or something to the states. either that or 3-4 days.

Most couriers i deal with at the moment offer shipping to be just as fast as it would be possible for myself to get to the place the parcel is going.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

How come they cost so much more than Bonehead? Are they that much better? Is it just to do with the amount of units sold?
I've tried them both on and the cookie was possibly more comfy but i don't know if it was four hundred bucks more comfy.

How come they cost so much more than Bonehead? Are they that much better? Is it just to do with the amount of units sold?
I've tried them both on and the cookie was possibly more comfy but i don't know if it was four hundred bucks more comfy.

how do you get they cost more?

The bonehead gunner and the cookie M1 are comparable helmets, and both priced at just over $200.

The bonehead optik and the cookie composites MXV are comparable helmets, and both priced at $315.

And both of their blackbox units are right at $180-185.

The only way i can think of you coming up with that it costs $400 more, is that you priced out a full decked out cookie camera helmet, and compared it to a basic bottom of the line bonehead.