Thanatos340

Which DZ`s in your state accept Skyride?

I hope to be able to post an Updated list later today. I have about 60 PMs to go through and combine the information. We are still far from complete. Please keep the information coming.

Please send Dropzone Name, City the DZ is physically located in and if they accept Skyride.

I would really like to thank everyone that is contributing to this list and especially the ones that have done exactly what I asked (Called all the DZ`s their state and sent me the results).

Please review the latest list (Posted Here) and PM or Post any additional or corrected information. Please make sure you information is verified.

Latest version of the List here. I will edit for the next few hours if anyone can find any Mistakes. Mods, Please feel free to delete any previous lists that are posted.

We Still have alot of work to do to get this list complete. Please keep the information coming and I will do my best to keep the list accurate as possible.

Alabama
Skydive Alabama, Cullman - NO!
Opelika Skydiving Association – NO!
Emerald Coast Skydiving – NO!
Alabama Skydiving Center, Prattville - Accepts Skyride (Owned by same people that own Skyride)

Arizona
Skydive Arizona , Eloy – NO!

California
Skydive Santa Barbara, Lompoc - NO!
Skydance Skydiving, Davis – NO!
Bay Area Skydiving, Byron - Accepts Skyride
Perris Valley Skydiving, Perris - Accepts Skyride
Skydive Elsinore, Lake Elsinore - Accepts Skyride
Adventure Center Skydiving, Hollister - Accepts Skyride
Skydive San Diego, San Diego, Accepts Skyride
Skydive Taft, Taft, Accepts Skyride
Parachute Center, Acampo (Lodi), Accepts Skyride!!

Connecticut
Connecticut Parachutists, Ellington- NO!
FunSkydiving, Danielson – NO!
No Dropzone in Connecticut accepts Skyride

Delaware
Skydive Delmarva, Laurel – NO!
No Dropzone in Delaware accepts Skyride

FLORIDA
School of Human Flight, Quincy: NO!
Skydive City, Zephyrhills, NO!
Skydive Jacksonville, Jacksonville - Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Space Center, Titusville - Accepts Skyride
Skydive Tampa Bay, Mulberry - Accepts Skyride
Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales - Accepts Skyride

Georgia
Skydive Atlanta, Thomaston, NO!
Skydive the Farm, Rockmart, NO!
Atlanta Skydiving Center, Cedartown, Accepts Skyride! (Owned by the same people that own Skyride)

Kentucky
Kentucky Skydiving center, Springfield, NO!
Tennessee-Kentucky School of Skydiving, Russellville, NO!
Skydive Kentucky, Elizabethtown, Accepts Skyride.

Illinois
Skydive Chicago, Ottawa, NO!

Indiana
Skydive Wayne County, Richmond, Accepts Skyride
Skydive Greensburg, Greensburg - Accepts Skyride.

Iowa
Skydive Iowa, Brooklyn, NO!

Kansas
Air Capital Drop Zone, Witchita, NO!
Skydive K-State, Wamego, NO!
Skydive Kansas, Osage City, NO!

Massachusetts
Skydive Pepperell, Pepperell, NO!

Michigan
Skydive Tecumseh, Tecumseh, NO!

Minnesota
Minnesota Skydivers Club, Waseca, NO!

Missouri
The St. Louis Skydiving Center, Bowling Green - NO!
The Kansas City Skydiving Center, Dearbon - NO!
Missouri River Valley Skydiving, Lexington - Accepts Skyride
Skydive Rolla, Rolla - Accepts Skyride
Freefall Express Skydiving, Missouri Nixa - Accepts Skyride

Montana
Skydive Lost Prairie, Marion, NO!

Nebraska
Lincoln Sport Parachute Club, Weeping Water, NO!
Crete Skydiving Center, Crete – NO!

New Mexico
Skydive El Paso, Santa Teresa, NO!
Skydive New Mexico, Belen, NO!
No Dropzone in New Mexico accepts Skyride

New York
Finger Lakes Skydivers, Trumansburg, NO!
The Ranch, Gardner, NO!

North Carolina
Raeford Parachute Center, Raeford - NO!
Carolina SkySports, Franklinton, Accepts Skyride.

Ohio
Skydive Greene County, Xenia - NO!
Aerohio, Marshallville - NO!
Canton Air Sports, Alliance - Accepts Skyride

Pennsylvania
Chambersburg Skydiving Center, Chambersburg, NO!
Skydive Pennridge, Perkasie, Accepts Skyride (Owned by same people that own Skyride)

South Carolina
Skydive Carolina, Chester - NO!
Flying Tigers Sport Parachute Center, Seneca, NO!
Skydive Walterboro, Walterboro - Accepts Skyride

Tennessee
Skydive Smoky Mountains, Morristown, NO!
West Tennessee Skydiving, NO!
Skydive Nashville, Tullahoma, NO!
Skydive Paris, Paris, NO!
No Dropzone in Tennessee accepts Skyride

Texas
Gravity Rats Skydiving, Smithville - NO!
Skydive Aggieland, Byran – NO!
Skydive San Marcos, Fentress – NO!
Austin Skydiving Center, Lexington, NO!
Texas Freefall, Stephenville, NO!
East Texas, Gladewater - Accepts Skyride.
Capitol Skydiving, Coupland - Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Houston, Waller - Accepts Skyride.
Skys the Limit, Beeville- Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Temple, Salado - Accepts Skyride.
Texas Skydiving Center, Lexington, Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Dallas, Whitewright, Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Spaceland, Rosharon, Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Cowtown, Rhome, Accepts Skyride.
Eagle Flight, Granbury, Accepts Skyride.
Skydive Eagles Nest, Midland - Unknown
North Texas Skydiving Center, Caddo Mills - Unknown
Ground Rush, Nome - Unknown

Utah
Skydive Utah, Erda –NO!
Skydive Ogden, Ogden – NO!
Skydive Moab, Moab – NO!
Zion Skydive, Hurricane –NO!
Cedar Valley Skydiving- NO! (Used to, but say they no longer do)
No Dropzone in Utah accepts Skyride

Virginia
Skydive Suffolk, Suffolk, NO!
Skydive the Point, West Point, NO!
Skydive Orange, Orange, NO!
No Dropzone in Virginia accepts Skyride

Washington
Skydive Kapowsin, Shelton - NO!
West Plains Skydiving, West Spokane - NO!
Blue Skies, Bremerton - NO!
Skydive Toledo, Toledo - Accepts skyride

Wisconsin
Skydive Wissota, Chippewa Falls – NO!
Skydive Twin Cities Baldwin – NO!
Sky Knights SPC, East Troy – NO!
Skydive Superior, Suprerior – Accepts Skyride
Skydive Midwest, Sturtavant - Accepts Skyride

Please keep the VERIFIED Information coming.
Also Please notify me if you see any incorrect information on this list.
I will update the list again early next week.

But YOU did what you knew was right. That is all any of us can really do.

California is really a tough situation because the jumpers don’t seem to have a choice. I understand that not jumping at all vs Jumping at a Skyride affiliate is a no-brainer. Of course people will jump I just hope that they will continue to point out to their DZO`s the kind of behavior they are sanctioning by accepting these certificates.

CHUCKLES,, california is still california, and they will always be cutting down the south for our overalls, daisey dukes, premimum SEC football, and jack daniels wiskey. Course, dars nothing down here but stupid rednecks with morals and ethics. I wonder what they got out there?
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I dont quite understand how you guys can call these DZ's dishonest for accepting skyride certificates. No one is getting screwed when a local DZ accepts the certificate. No Fraud took place, everyone made a little money and someone went on their first skydive. Its only bad when they sell certificates in places where they dont have affiliates. I think you guys dont want to fix the problem. You just want to hate skyride for things in the past. How about being part of the solution and urging these other DZ's to start accepting skyride certificates. then your precious whuffos wont get screwed.

In short trying to hurt these DZ's that are accepting skyride is only hurting the sport. The DZ loses money, instructors lose money. and students are still buying skyride cetificates only now without a place to use it at.

I think the way you guys go about things is twisted. You just want to bitch about old problems. And when skyride starts fixing those problems you want to try to keep them from fixing it.

This is why skydivers dont need to be worried about politics.

I got booted from Bill von-- so that this guy could have freedom of speech.

Bill, iffin you don't kill this fellows freedom of speech thread, then you are a bad judge of character. And why should you represent the best interest of OUR sport of skydiving in this forum. Bill you are a good guy,,, do what is right.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I dont quite understand how you guys can call these DZ's dishonest for accepting skyride certificates. No one is getting screwed when a local DZ accepts the certificate. No Fraud took place, everyone made a little money and someone went on their first skydive. Its only bad when they sell certificates in places where they dont have affiliates.

Talk about a huge load of hooey, put down the crack pipe. :S

When you accept a skyride certificate you are supporting a company that lies to customers in order to cheat them out of their money, one that engages in intellectual property theft, and operates in general like a bunch of scumbags.

More dropzones should take skyride so that the people getting sold their vouchers won't be ripped off? Talk about putting the carriage before the horse!!

You are the company that you keep. And if you are in bed with skyride you are just as unethical.

You might not have said this, it looks like you just screwed up with the quote function, but the comments above are still ludacris, even if you didn't write it lol
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

He really has a point too... Skyride will continue to sell the certificates no matter how many places accept them... People won't get screwed if they have a place to use their vouchers. Skyride is just big business like every other industry in life... we just hate to see it happen to skydiving but it is so deal with it. In the end people buy skydives, they get to jump, and they enjoy it... As long as they have a place to jump it helps our sport... so either stop whining and accept the gift certificates so they have a place to jump, or start ADVERTISING so they know about you!! If business passes you buy to go to a skyride affiliate it is YOUR fault that they didn't know about you because apparently you weren't advertising like you should, remember who it was that they called. No matter what side you take or how you feel about it, whining about it on DZ.com isn't helping anyone... it just shows that you nothing better to do, so while all the staff at the skyride DZ's are making money and making tandem students happy you guys can sit here and whine...
-Chris Martin

People won't get screwed if they have a place to use their vouchers.

Right. So when Skyride sells a voucher into Utah, where we are, there are no DZ's that accept Skyride vouchers in our state. Nearest Skyride-accepting DZ is over 400 miles away.
UtahSkydiving--Skyride website
Skydiving Utah--Skyride website

The student gets screwed when they show up at our DZ with a Skyride coupon and find that we wont' honor it.
The DZ gets screwed because in the spirit of being decent, we end up spending half an hour with the crying victim who has two Skyride vouchers for skydiving in Utah, but she can't find a DZ where they can be redeemed.
Then we got triple-screwed in one instance, because the purchaser of the vouchers called the police, and then a television station. So we have to spend time with the police and with the television reporter.

Who didn't get screwed? Skyride. They have 500.00 of someone else' money for a jump that won't happen, and won't be refunded until the television station attacks them, and even then it's a "best hope" case. Do you suppose those victims have a positive opinion of skydiving now?:S

(response to a private message from DSE since he blocked me from sending private messages)

so you(DSE) should have names and numbers of customers who we sold to in the Utah area (if you cleaned up OUR mess) then you should have those customers names and numbers can i get those?

I would have no problem refunding those customers if they do exist and no i get no pleasure out of this that is why i try and clear these issues up to help the customers out
I want to set customers up and have them jump
Plus if we cannot provide the customer with the service that customer is then refunded.
We provide people with gift certificates and reservations for multiple activities.

Look at it this was we sell to over 300 customers a day ranging from skydiving to helicopter charters and we have 366 or so BBB complaints dating back from 04 to current now think we sell over 300 a day thats over 109K a year and more than half a million from the date the BBB started a skyride account whats the percent of dissatisfied customers? you give me that number and then let me know....
that is why the attorney generals have done nothing because we do nothing wrong, yes they are looking into us(because of multiple DZO's complaints) but so far have found nothing every customer they gave us to look up receive the service.

Thanks for blocking me your great
Ryan Berger
Business Development & Vendor Relations for 1-800Skyride

You don't consider stealing websites, images, and logos something wrong? You don't consider advertising in Utah or other states where you don't do business (and happily accepting money from mislead customers) to be wrong? You don't consider charging pilot chute fees to be wrong?

Dave

Just a Couple of question..

1) Do you agree that your Websites are intentionally misleading and contain false statements?

2)Why do you sell your certificates in areas where you do not have an affiliate that will take thake them?

3) Read this Law:

Unannotated Georgia Code - 10.1.372

(a) A person engages in a deceptive trade practice when, in the course of his business, vocation, or occupation, he:
(1) Passes off goods or services as those of another;
(2) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;
(3) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to affiliation, connection, or association with or certification by another;
(4) Uses deceptive representations or designations of geographic origin in connection with goods or services;
(5) Represents that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or quantities that they do not have or that a person has a sponsorship, approval, status, affiliation, or connection that he does not have;
(6) Represents that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used, or secondhand;
(7) Represents that goods or services are of a particular standard, quality, or grade or that goods are of a particular style or model, if they are of another;
(8) Disparages the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading representation of fact;
(9) Advertises goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised;
(10) Advertises goods or services with intent not to supply reasonably expectable public demand, unless the advertisement discloses a limitation of quantity;
(11) Makes false or misleading statements of fact concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions; or
(12) Engages in any other conduct which similarly creates a likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding.
(b) In order to prevail in an action under this part, a complainant need not prove competition between the parties or actual confusion or misunderstanding.
(c) This Code section does not affect unfair trade practices otherwise actionable at common law or under other statutes of this state.

How much of that does skyride violate on a daily basis?

Looks to me like:
(1) Passes off goods or services as those of another;

Well the web sites sure make it look like you are someone else.

(2) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;

Isnt that why you answer the phones.. Skydive Center?? ARe you actually a Skydive Center or a reservation service?

(3) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to affiliation, connection, or association with or certification by another;

Again.. What do you think??

(4) Uses deceptive representations or designations of geographic origin in connection with goods or services;

You got that one nailed.

(5) Represents that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or quantities that they do not have or that a person has a sponsorship, approval, status, affiliation, or connection that he does not have;

Look like you are battin 1000.

(8) Disparages the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading representation of fact;

Howmany times do your sales people make up lies about other DZ`s?? I know many poeple that would testify that Skyride did exactly that when they asked about another DZ.

(12) Engages in any other conduct which similarly creates a likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding.

What else would you call over 900 websites for Dropzones that dont actually exist.

(response to a private message from DSE since he blocked me from sending private messages)

For clarity, I have not blocked you from sending messages. I've blocked my email account from receiving your messages.
I only have so much tolerance for unsolicited BS.
If Skyride have "no problem refunding those customers" I'm not clear on why our local station has twice been out to do stories on Skyride and fraud, or why the local consumer advocate (as interviewed on television) had issues as well. Strange, the other television stations that have aired Skyride complaints have had the same experience.
Look, the subject has been hashed to death.
If Skyride was a legitimate broker then we'd not see the dozen-plus active threads on Skyride, we'd not see the State of Georgia, State of Utah, Skydive Arizona, and others going after them. We'd not see skydivers having this level of discussion.
Until I see Skyride (as one small token) take down their Utah websites, I'll see Skyride and their representatives for what they are.
Until then....Get their names from the news stories.

if a customer from Utah calls and ask where you are located we tell them where we have something which would probably be Vegas or Boise we do not sell for a location that doesn't exist. Now if they choose to purchase and make the drive thats on that customers i cannot think of anybody who has choose to make that drive. I have no idea what a pilot chute fee is.
but if someone in here did claim that the cost covered the pilot chute fee that would be some bullshit.

Say if you called best buy and wanted a GC and they said the closest store to you was 120 miles but yet you still bought a GC from them when circuit city is right down the street who choice was that?
Ryan Berger

I have no idea what a pilot chute fee is.
but if someone in here did claim that the cost covered the pilot chute fee that would be some bullshit.

Sorry bud, but you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. I heard the guy on the phone say it after I asked if the amount he quoted was the total price. It was very clear that he wanted to charge me an extra amount for a "pilot chute". I quote him "you do want one of those don't you?"

Blue skies,

Jim

I do see how our websites can be viewed as misleading but we have site for locations we service, say if someone in salt lake city drives to a drop zone in Vegas to make the jump wouldn't that mean that Vegas services the Utah area? and shouldn't they come up with a website to let potential customer know that? since they have had customers from there jump at there location?

And we let the customers know where the location is before they purchase to thats the customers choice to make the drive we do not make up a location

We do not claim to be the actual location if you ask us we even say we set customer up at affiliate locations

As for the confusion part we try and make it as simple as possible
We have websites for areas we can service(even if it would make for a long drive)

Doesnt every drop zone claim to have top of the line equipment i dont know of any DZ who site claims to have less than top of the line
And we do not list particular equipment used so its not specific

If you look into it there are plenty of other companies that have websites for every state and multiple cities i will post a link to some of them but yea if you were a nationwide location you would probably have a lot of sites to, or else you wouldn't be in business nation wide.

and we do not sell anything with the intention of deception.

If i left any out i am sorry please just ask me again and i will answer.
Ryan Berger