Thanatos340

Which DZ`s in your state accept Skyride?

I am still looking for a few people to step up help with this list.

Right now I am still getting alot PM`s about one or Two Dropzones at a time. That is much appreciated but it would be much better if people that are concerned about this problem and would like to do something about it would take a few minutes and CALL EVERY DZ IN YOUR STATE and ask them if they take Skyride and send me the answers.

I would really like to see the answers for
North Carolina.
Texas.
California is not yet complete.
Florida is far from complete
And any other states that haven’t even been started yet.

I am also considering going back and amending the list with the NAMES of the DZO`s that take Skyride.

This is going to be a group effort and I would appreciate any help that I can get.

If we all pooled money and started a little corporation I bet we could get enough scratch together to put together a great website detailing all of their shady dealings and get ads for it to the top of all the skydiving queries on google.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

we should have a bake sale to raise the money. Or maybe a lemonade stand? Or we could donate that money to a real worth while charity. Like cancer research or childrens hospital or something.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

who said im joking? I think there are better uses of time and money, then trying to protect a whuffo from driving two hours instead of one hour. Things like saving sick children! Im just thinking of a cause that more than .00000000000000000000000001% of the population is aware of.

by the way, The L.A.S.A dropzone in Alabama will accept skyride certs. You can add it too your very obscure T-shirt

by the way, The L.A.S.A dropzone in Alabama will accept skyride certs. You can add it too your very obscure T-shirt

I thought it was the N.S.A.? Whatever happened to that one? :D

Edited to add: Anybody remember this? http://skydivinginformation.com/ Take a look at the listings for Alabama. Load of bullshit. Lies everywhere.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I will say this. skydive birmingham did exist when Pell City was open. And if you click on the directions it gives you precise location of the dropzone. Alot of dropzones advertise in a two hour radius.

The good news is that now there actually is a skydive montgomery! and its only an hour and a half from birmingham. So that counts as skydive birmingham too, right? Lets be fair, skydive chicago is at least that far from chicago. It should be skydive ottowa.

N.A.S.A is in no way affilitaed with ben or cary other than the fact that we accept skyride certs. It is a small club that is operating on a private field. Right now we are not on a set schedule. We are by appointment.

N.A.S.A is in no way affilitaed with ben or cary other than the fact that we accept skyride certs. It is a small club that is operating on a private field. Right now we are not on a set schedule. We are by appointment.

North Alabama, or South Alabama... which is it man??? :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I will say this. skydive birmingham did exist when Pell City was open. And if you click on the directions it gives you precise location of the dropzone...

This is true, I'll give you that, but not the complete story:

"Skydive Birmingham" existed for years, both on the internet and in the Birmingham Yellow Pages (large ad), before the Pell City dropzone was bought out, but there were no directions, a toll-free number, and it was located in Cedartown. The facilities, airplanes, and staff were strangely different, as well.

Plenty of people did, however, show up at Pell City insisting this is where they scheduled their jumps with the person on the phone.
Roll Tide Roll

If you want more information on L.A.S.A. you can go to
www.myspace.com/lasa_skydiving
All of our contact info is there and we would be happy to answer your questions and concerns

B|

Normally I would jump at the chance to visit a new DZ but the fact that this one started it's life happily jumping in bed with Skyride, Ben and Cary is enough to keep me away.

Thats cool no politics allowed at L.A.S.A. Besides its your loss. It will be the coolest DZ in the solar system.
We are not in bed with anyone.......except your momma! ooooooooooooooooh! That just happened!;)

This thread is a fantastic idea. Even though I am new in the sport and have only been jumping for a few months I am already on board with this. I went to ASC for my first jump because I fell for the "we are the only DZ in georgia" thing, as well as the extra altitude. Since then I've become fiercely loyal to the farm and learned what the sport is really about.

We need more ways like this one to go after the guys who own skyride. Anyone with any practical ideas?
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

We need more ways like this one to go after the guys who own skyride. Anyone with any practical ideas?

Quite a few ideas are already employed and many many more have been suggested in the now-gigantic thread titled "What Can We Do About Skyride?" in this forum. Caveat: It reads about as long as "War And Peace" by Leo Tolstoy. ;)