Thanatos340

Which DZ`s in your state accept Skyride?

Good luck with that. As I found while trying to stand up for what is right by not selling (or doing business with companies that will happily sell) inappropriately sized canopies to newbies, you're swimmin' upstream and the current is damn strong.

But YOU did what you knew was right. That is all any of us can really do.

California is really a tough situation because the jumpers don’t seem to have a choice. I understand that not jumping at all vs Jumping at a Skyride affiliate is a no-brainer. Of course people will jump I just hope that they will continue to point out to their DZO`s the kind of behavior they are sanctioning by accepting these certificates.

I know it's a bit of a drive for Southern Californians, but there's Skydive Arizona as a non-skyride-certificate-taking alternative. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

but there's Skydive Arizona as a non-skyride-certificate-taking alternative.

And they are the ones that have tried to do something about problem. They are spending alot of money trying to stop some of Skyrides fraud.

Yep! And if I ever get out in that part of the U.S., Eloy is the DZ I'm going to visit first and foremost. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Something just occurred to me: Why am I thinking there are two dz's at Perris? Or is that from years ago?

You might be thinking of Davis. I seem to recall the airport there having two DZs at one point. Of course, I might be wrong.

There are 2 Schools at Perris. 1 accepts Skyride, 1 doesn't.

Which is which?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I dont quite understand how you guys can call these DZ's dishonest for accepting skyride certificates. No one is getting screwed when a local DZ accepts the certificate. No Fraud took place, everyone made a little money and someone went on their first skydive. Its only bad when they sell certificates in places where they dont have affiliates. I think you guys dont want to fix the problem. You just want to hate skyride for things in the past. How about being part of the solution and urging these other DZ's to start accepting skyride certificates. then your precious whuffos wont get screwed.

In short trying to hurt these DZ's that are accepting skyride is only hurting the sport. The DZ loses money, instructors lose money. and students are still buying skyride cetificates only now without a place to use it at.

I think the way you guys go about things is twisted. You just want to bitch about old problems. And when skyride starts fixing those problems you want to try to keep them from fixing it.

This is why skydivers dont need to be worried about politics.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

No one is getting screwed when a local DZ accepts the certificate.

Bullshit.
The Customer is usually the one getting screwed.
The fraud was the Website they first thought they were calling. It didn’t really exist. Now that they have bought their non-refundable ticket.. And paid for Extra altitude, weather insurance, Big Plane Fees, Gear rental and whatever else Skyride could tack onto the cost of a Jump, They now have to drive sometimes many hours away to a place that will take the certs.

Also Jumpers are getting screwed. See Skyride is suing USPA for $10,000,000. It costs all of us money to defend against that lawsuit. They are suing because the USPA Took a stand against their deceptive and fraudulent practices and kicked thier ass out.

Supporting a dishonest business is never the right thing to do.

I thought all discussion of Skyride's dishonest business practices was supposed to be kept out of this thread, and put in the other multiple threads about Skyride. This is just a thread to try and get a list of DZ's.

People do get screwed, including DZO's who do NOT take skyride certificates, especially when Skyride tells a potential customer "Yes, that DZ you mentioned IS closer to your city, but they kill an average of 6 people a year". :S People get screwed when they steal phone numbers. People get screwed when they are told they are getting a $129 tandem and tack on a non-refundable $70 depoit. People get screwed when they charge a "pilot chute fee". This is hurting our sport. Period. With all the misunderstanding and bad press that come to our sport through media coverage of accidents, you would think that the skydiving community itself shouldn't be contributing to it.

As for Perris, I'm still not convinced. Could someone clarify the "2 schools"??

Anyone know about DeLand?

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

well you kind of just made my point. If more DZ's accepted them then the tandems wouldnt have to drive as far. Besides who really cares about that. I drive two hours just to fun jump. My first tandem i drove four hours and left happy as hell. When i found out there were closer DZ's i didnt really care. My own fault for not shopping more. Its called buyer beware. In the end i still made a jump and had fun. I didnt get screwed over. ANd the price i payed was competitive.

So how was the customer getting screwed again?

Its certainly not hurting fun jumpers. The USPA is at fault for trying to punish one company for another ones actions. The DZ's that lost their group membership have nothing to do with skyride on paper (where it counts). they are just owned by the same people. If you have a LLC and your business goes bankrupt. then your home cant be taken from you can it? The USPA had no right to revoke those memberships for something skyride was doing. So blame them for wasting your money by overstepping their rights. Besides I doubt its really going to hurt your pocket book. The USPA hasnt sent me a letter asking for help with court cost.

So dishonest or not. the point is that anything they do to try to fix it you guys still try to make it negative.

Are you guys against a nationwide reservations middle man in general?

And why is it bad for these DZ's to outsource their reservations?

Why would you want to intentionally try to hurt any DZ?

If you guys are concerned with people having to drive far then why would someone suggest that people in california drive to arizona just to boycott these honest DZ's? Thats about stupid!

I'm with skybytch. I dont care how the tandems made a reservation or where they came from. i just want to know how many loads we can fly today.

?

sorry for getting off topic let me help

get a parachutist magazine and go to the DZ directory. there you will find a set of numbers. these numbers are called telephone numbers. Now what you do is pick up the phone and push the same sequence of numbers as listed in the directory. then a voice will come from the "other side". You ask "do you guys accpet skyride certificates?" If they say yes you send them a mail bomb. If they say no you go jump there and write them into your will.

Why didnt the genius that started this thread just go make the list then post it. Instead of asking abunch of strangers to do it for him.

you guys have made one good point here. Any group of people that use four pages on a forum to compile a stupid list that could of been done in one post cant possibly have opinions worth listening too.

Does a USPA DZ have to be owned by a USPA individual member? Can a USPA group member DZ be owned by someone who is not a USPA member???

uhhhh yea thats why its called a group membership. the owner shouldnt have to be a member. Otherwise there is no reason to distinguish between a group membership and a personal membership. So what you are saying is that if I am a personal member of the uspa, then I can also have a Group membership even if i dont have a dz? So if a personal membership is a prerequisite for a group membership, then i want a group membership as well and I want my home telephone number and address listed in parachutist as a group member.

Blanket PA removed by slotperfect

Why didnt the genius that started this thread just go make the list then post it. Instead of asking abunch of strangers to do it for him.

Mmmm... genius? wow!! Such a complement from the man himself. (Isnt yarak Karay spelled backwards? That wouldn’t happen to be your name would it? or maybe something real close like cary?)

What the Genius that started this thread asked, Was for volunteers to to that for each state.

As for the strangers comment, See many of the posters on here are NOT strangers to me. We get out and jump at other DZ`s, Not locked into just one.

Any group of people that use four pages on a forum to compile a stupid list that could of been done in one post cant possibly have opinions worth listening too.

Then by all means, Dont listen.

I have a suspicion of who you are, based on your username, and with no info in your profile...

And yes, I know you ASC guys are always making trouble. Just wish I found the humour in your jokes. :S:|

He's one of them Prattville people. Just ignore him. Yarak, just stick to your own forum. You don't see me pissing anybody off in there. :|

Screw what PA removed byu slotperfect just said...I think you are definitely making a difference by EDUCATING some of fun jumpers on the unethical practices of SkyRide. Some people seem to forget that some of the tandem students are introduced to this sport by fun jumpers. And it doesn't always end with just one tandem jump. Just from experience, Dave made a tandem jump at ASC. We had such a horrible experience there, so I researched another DZ for him to take his AFF. We chose The Farm BECAUSE it was an organization recognized by the USPA and ASC was NOT! Let's just say that was the first and last jump he has made at ASC and I was lucky to never have jumped there at all.

I was planning to go home to San Diego and take my friends and family to one of the local DZ to introduce them to the sport but now that I know they all accept SkyRide, I think I'll wait until they visit ME. Then I can take them to a DZ that has the integrity to stand up for what they believe in. Plus...Jay is promising some pretty fun lessons on spinning!! ;)

I want a t-shirt...size XS please!! :D

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

yarak = karay. Thats pretty funny i never thought about that. But no its not Cary.

Just for the record nothing was intended as a PA. It was done in humor. I've seen alot worse here from other people.

I confused this place with our forum. I thought the forum was just a place to talk trash. I didnt know that it was used for serious conversation. I thought it was a place to waste time when you are bored.

So you guys are serious about this skyride thing? I thought you were joking. ooops my bad.

I'll leave you guys alone now and go back to my forum to practice my debate skills and momma jokes.

I love you

If you have a LLC and your business goes bankrupt. then your home cant be taken from you can it?

I'm not sure of the legal status of the SkyRide owners and the DZs in question, but your statement is not quite right. I'm not a lawyer, but I am both an owner and director of a company.

As an *owner* of a limited liability entity such as a corporation or LLC you're liability is limited to your investment in the company, so yes, if you're talking about ownership, then your statement is true.

As a *director* of such an entity, you are not afforded any such protection. As a director of a company, you are legally responsible for your actions in that office. If you are found to be negligent or to have acted illegally in your role as a director, you may be held personally liable, both civilly and criminally, for the infractions of the company to the extent of your involvement in them.