Thanatos340

Which DZ`s in your state accept Skyride?

Skydive Dallas. Owner is Dr. Lee Schlichtemeier. He is the USPA TRES. and a member of the EXEC.committee.
Chris Welker

Right, his being Treasurer (drew the short straw) automatically puts him on the Executive Committee. Does it not seem like a conflict of interest? Wouldn't a more responsible "leader" recuse himself, as to avoid any "appearance of impropriety?"

He should not be part of the decision, considering, but please tell me someone else at headquarters has thought about this already.

>:(
Roll Tide Roll

Wanna bet, that IF skyride gets back into USPA, that the whole bod will be booted on the next election? I got a quart sized Corona to bet.

You underestimate the apathy of the average USPA member. People would have to start voting to vote out the BOD.

Yes, there IS that one small detail.
[:/]

But the advantage of such low voting numbers is that it is very easy for an angry non voting mob to throw the bums out. It would be much harder if it mirrored America, where roughly 50-60% vote, highly tied to party affiliation, with only 1/3rd in the middle open to swings.

What do you think the chances are of the USPA letting them back in?

My personal opinion? This thing is so up in the air it's crazy. If it were a (democratically) unanimous BOD decision here now as is was to rightfully get rid of them in the first place(<---IIRC), I would say it obviously wouldn't happen; but the fact that it is in with the EC (including at least - but not limited to - one of whom is in bed with the gags-me-to-refer-to-them-as "plaintiffs") makes me cringe. What's worse, with this apparent and obvious gag-order in place, it will be too late once the decision is made to do anything about it.

This decision looks to me like it is being made by a very few people, and the conspiracy theorist in me is running on overtime with the scenarios of how all this came into place. I can only hope at least that more comes to light about the chain of events after the decision is made public.

I am not confident that the best interest of the USPA members and GMs (much less the general public/consumer justice) will be served here. I guess we'll see.
Roll Tide Roll

This is funny. I just called skyride and told them I wanted to make a skydive in North carolina. They were going to hook me up with CSS for a $179.00 tandem. I asked what type of aircraft would be used and they told me it would be a cessna. I also asked if they offered any program to get my license. They said no, that CSS did not offer AFF. I mentioned to him about all of the other aircraft used, and he said he'd have to ask the pilot what kind would be used for my tandem....he also said that he had never heard of USPA....they're such idiots

Settlement? FOR WHAT!?!?!? They kicked out a group that was deceitful with deceptive business practices. One of the news stations here in Atlanta has done 3 stories on them. The one time they found butler the look on his face was priceless.
when they asked him if it was his responsibility to back up what he sells he stops for a second looking like he has no idea what to say, its hilarious.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=A416787F2D9993F8701BD47E58D6A570?contentId=470757&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

when they asked him if it was his responsibility to back up what he sells he stops for a second looking like he has no idea what to say, its hilarious.

What he says sounded strangely familiar, it is in this thread. :D:D:D

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I have heard rumors from people that are not USPA Officials that the USPA may have settled with Skyride. Hopefully we will be able to find out the truth on November 15th.

Don't hold your breath. Most mediated settlements are confidential.

On a more positive note, Travis and I were able to engineer a refund for teamjenn1 this weekend. It just took us putting the raincheck on our accounts and jumping it off. We'll give them the cash we would have given ASC this weekend.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I have heard rumors from people that are not USPA Officials that the USPA may have settled with Skyride. Hopefully we will be able to find out the truth on November 15th.

Don't hold your breath. Most mediated settlements are confidential.

On a more positive note, Travis and I were able to engineer a refund for teamjenn1 this weekend. It just took us putting the raincheck on our accounts and jumping it off. We'll give them the CASH we would have given ASC this weekend.

Brie

Looks like she said CASH.. As far as i understand, that means cash
-Chris Martin

Getting a 'raincheck' against a manifest account at ASC (if I understand correctly) doesn't exactly equal cash...

Yes, it's not exactly a refund - more of an exchange of the money we would have given them anyway. But it's still an exchange of money for one tandem (which costs the DZ around 50 bucks) for a total of 10 jumps (which cost the DZ much more, especially considering the fact that they flew the otter this weekend several times with only 6 upjumpers in it). It's not much, but it's something.

edited to add: if anyone else knows someone who got screwed and has a voucher, Travis and I will be happy to do this again. Yes, I know we're the devil for supporting ASC and Skyride, but the bottom line is that it's the only DZ within 3 hours of us where we can get in a decent number of jumps in one afternoon. And we love to jump with our friends who are on staff there.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

So no one has explained why the USPA would settle with skyride. The USPA didnt do anything wrong.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

So no one has explained why the USPA would settle with skyride. The USPA didnt do anything wrong.

Well, they may have. Skyride believes USPA did something wrong and has sued. Now it's up to the legal system to decide if USPA did something wrong. If it's not looking good, they may choose to settle with Skyride.

I sure hope it doesn't end up that way... USPA tried to make a stand against skyride, but it may have backfired.

Dave

This is again offtopic so should be followed up elsewhere, but the suit suggested that the USPA did not follow procedure in the dropping of membership which had clear financial consequences. Hopefully this is not true.

The group membership program is a conflict of intrest to start with, and guess how many bod members own group member dzs?

I heard that after kicking out the group member drop zones that are affiliated with skyride that the uspa president that worked for cross keys dz invited some of the skyride staff to work for him.

you think the uspa lawyers are telling them to settle?