saimco

8 Speed rules ??

A good start would be the 10-way speed rules that are in the skydiver's competition manual.

I have heard of various versions of 8-way speed star rules... biggest possible discrepancy with official 10-way rules is that in 10-way you can't leave 100% linked, whereas in some versions of 8-way you can (allowing a time of 0.0 seconds if you can chunk a no-show 8-way star).
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Did some one have the OFICIAL or UN official rules for 8 speed (speed satr) ??
I always see in movies, but I never found write rules

Cloudy sky.

Alber

[cough]"Cutaway"[/cough]

But seriously, the only 8-way speed is in CReW. :D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Did some one have the OFICIAL or UN official rules for 8 speed (speed satr) ??
I always see in movies, but I never found write rules

Cloudy sky.

Alber

[cough]"Cutaway"[/cough]

But seriously, the only 8-way speed is in CReW. :D

ltdiver

We have FS 8-way speed in the UK
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

cpoxon
And have any kind rules write ? Grip in exit, ...

Saimco,

Sorry, the like was wrong in my post, I have corrected it and here it is again with the rules http://www.bpa.org.uk/nationals02/8%20Way%20Speed%20Rules%202007%20-%20Final%20Version.doc. No, there is no grip/no show on exit.

All participants must have a catchy nick-name.
All jumps will take place at an altitude that will allow for at least 2 minutes of freefall time even though "Army" is doing sub-eight second jumps.
All jumps will be judged using binoculars.
Only one hot chick allowed per team and she has to be super hot and not "do the team" and only end up in bed with one of them after an appropriate amount of time goes by after that warning . . . let's call it 30 seconds.
Not withstanding the previous rule, teams are permitted to have at no more than two freeflyers of questionable sexuality.
The punishment for being too slow to the formation is doing a lot more jumps for free with the hot chick.
All jump offs will be in slow motion and in reverse.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The punishment for being too slow to the formation is doing a lot more jumps for free with the hot chick.

Unless you're a 7' tall black guy with an even more questionable sexuality then the freefliers..."He was a little too slow....So we killed him"
I got nuthin

Sorry, the like was wrong in my post, I have corrected it and here it is again with the rules http://www.bpa.org.uk/nationals02/8%20Way%20Speed%20Rules%202007%20-%20Final%20Version.doc. No, there is no grip/no show on exit.

Interesting differences between your 8-way 'speed star' competition and our 10-way. (USA's).

1) Your 8-way only has to do 7 grips to complete? What, does someone have a hand missing? ;) Or is your 'speed star' a bit different than ours (open grip)?

2) Your exit altitude (either 9,000' or 7,000 if you tell the meet director) allows for a penalty of 50 seconds? Egads, where are you guys deploying? :o If my calculations are correct, you only get 41 seconds freefall from 9,000 and 29 seconds from 7,000...if you deploy at 2500' with a freefall speed of 120mph. Where's break-off at? :P

Ours is 40 seconds (max) penalty from 11,000 exit altitude. :)

3) Your working time is calculated with the 2 seconds manditory hold included in the score. Ours is a 5 second stipulated grip hold, but it's -not- added to the time. B|

4) What, you still have a cameraflyer pool? :D

I'd be very interested exactly when this 8-way speed star competition had it's debut there in jolly 'ol England. Perhaps somewhere around the year 2,000? :)

LOL. Thanks for the 'cross the sea education. Nice to see ya'll enjoy a bit of fast flying...:)
oh, and btw...nice touch in allowing freeflyers to join and take head grips! :D

ltdiver

Interesting differences between your 8-way 'speed star' competition and our 10-way. (USA's).

1) Your 8-way only has to do 7 grips to complete? What, does someone have a hand missing? ;) Or is your 'speed star' a bit different than ours (open grip)?

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a star. Can be any formation. So you could have one person who has been gripped but doesn't have a grip.

2) Your exit altitude (either 9,000' or 7,000 if you tell the meet director) allows for a penalty of 50 seconds? Egads, where are you guys deploying? :o If my calculations are correct, you only get 41 seconds freefall from 9,000 and 29 seconds from 7,000...if you deploy at 2500' with a freefall speed of 120mph. Where's break-off at? :P

Ours is 40 seconds (max) penalty from 11,000 exit altitude. :)

Yeah, we still humm it low on our guttergear in the motherland. Maybe we'll up it when we start seeing squares.

I questioned that too. Looking at the previous years scores I assumed it was a mistake and should have been 35 seconds but I didn't get an answer about that.

3) Your working time is calculated with the 2 seconds manditory hold included in the score. Ours is a 5 second stipulated grip hold, but it's -not- added to the time. B|

Hadn't noticed that. Not sure the judges did either?

4) What, you still have a cameraflyer pool? :D

I'd be very interested exactly when this 8-way speed star competition had it's debut there in jolly 'ol England. Perhaps somewhere around the year 2,000? :)

LOL. Thanks for the 'cross the sea education. Nice to see ya'll enjoy a bit of fast flying...:)

Not sure I'd call it fast! Here's the video from my team which took silver. The competition isn't taken very seriously I'm afraid. The teams that took part in the 8-way FS nationals didn't compete (more down to time commitments rather than anything else as they are held on different weekends. I took part because I was up there filming 2-way CF rotations as well)

oh, and btw...nice touch in allowing freeflyers to join and take head grips! :D

Then can join in with the flatties or they can enter a whole 8-way and compete head down if they wish?!

Nice video Craig. I think I recognized a couple of your team mates too.

Your exits could be tighter, that was adding a lot to your completion times.

The USPA 10-way has defined formations. Here's my team's "Dingo" (13 sec) and "Star" (12 sec).

www.iit.edu/~iit100/tfxdingo.mpg

www.iit.edu/~iit100/TFxStar.mpg

We were all weekend warriors. Here's how the pros (AIRSPEED) do it www.omniskore.com/comp/2007/usnats/media/905_6.wmv

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a star. Can be any formation. So you could have one person who has been gripped but doesn't have a grip.

So right off the bad you've strayed from 'Red Line's' counsel. ;)

btw, so do we....:P

Yeah, we still humm it low on our guttergear in the motherland. Maybe we'll up it when we start seeing squares.

Or perhaps you guys fall -really- -really- slow (birdman?) in that thick British air? :D

Then can join in with the flatties or they can enter a whole 8-way and compete head down if they wish?!

Thought the rules forbade head down flying for this competition. Only sit and head-up stuff is allowed to join the 'flatties'.

btw, nice little icons on your web page there. Why can't -we- have animated ones here? :)

ltdiver