GLIDEANGLE

For routine jumps, what do you carry when skyding to help you handle problems on the ground after landing?

one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

seriously, though, the whistle sounds like a damn good idea

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

large plastic grocery bag

What's that for? Picking blackberries on the way back from an out landing?

If it all goes bad, pull the bag out, hold the corners, shake it open like a 24', and plf real good.

Seriously though I have a pull up cord and a plastic bag, if the ground is conducive, I would field pack, if its wet or nasty, I put the canopy in the bag, tie it off with the cord and throw it over my shoulder.

What on earth was I thinking? As a Texan, I am ashamed that I forgot to list a firearm as an option!

Glock -- Tactical Tupperware

I have jumped with a gun a couple of times. Years ago when I worked at Z-hills I would sometimes go up in a Cessna to look for cutaway mains that had gone down in the Green Swamp to the east of the DZ. If I spotted it and there was somewhere nearby that I could land, I would jump in and get the canopy.

One day I was at a locals farm and he showed me his pet pig. It was a Wild Boar that he found as a piglet in the swamp. It was now fully grown and must have weighed three or four hundred pounds, had BIG tusks and eyes like the devil. I never went into the swamp again without my 45.

:o

Although I don't do it anymore, I have jumped with an AK47 shorty, 200 rounds of ammo, large knife, larger knife and side arm, to 'handle' any problems I may have encountered on the ground after landing.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I never had to carry one but some of us do..I wonder what all a rucksack has in it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ruck sacks are supposed to contain the NOLS list of extra food, extra clothing, extra water, map, compass, flash light, knife, cord, fire-starter, first aid kit, sleeping bag, etc.
However, Commanding Officers have a bad habit of telling you to replace your spare socks with spare ammunition, spare sweater with a spare radio battery, spare food with and anti-tank mine, sleeping bag with an M-72 rocket-launcher, etc. so that - in the end - the only way to stay warm at night is to walk all night with your beloved ruck sack.

Whistle and hook knife. And I can't take the pull up cord out of my pocket for the jump, I'll just lose it. I don't think it'll do any good, though...
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Who carries a map and a compass? Developing better awareness of your surroundings is probably a better way to deal with things.

I try to carry a pull-up cord and rubber bands. But I've used a shoelace in a pinch when I've wanted to close my rig up before I went walking to find a ride.

Although, I must say that the garbage bag is a good idea. I've hitched a ride back before and gotten something on my canopy that melted the fabric away-fertilizer or battery acid probably.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

I have a information card and a cross in my jumpsuit pocket. I wrote down the usual stuff like address, etc... but I also wrote down my blood type and an emergency contact person.

I haven't landed off that many times to jump with a compass or rubber bands. Is that Mid-West thing?
http://3ringnecklace.com/

For all of those who carry the all important pull-up cord..just in case. Do you wear shoes with shoestrings? They will work to! Not that a pull-up is difficult to carry. But I have heard some people say it is most important to carry a pull-up cord so you can pack whe you land WAY out...but I think most of us wear shoes (I do and I'm from Kentucky!) so I think it is just one less thing to have to carry.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I keep my packing tool tucked into the back of the mudflap of my rig not so much for the rare way-out landing with no ride back (in which case I could probably close my rig with a shoelace), but so that I won't lose it in the packing area or my gear bag between jumps. I've managed to keep track of the same one for 2 years, so it works pretty well for me.

I'm not putting my shoelaces anywhere near my rig. They're always covered in sheep sh1t!!!:D

My pull-up is always at my side. On land and in the air.
It's a magic one, tempered with blood, sweat and tears and blessed by the Gods of Pack, so i don't want it nicked while i'm up top!

Pulled this pic out of the September '80 Parachutist.

This team (airstrike) was well equipped at nationals that year...

WOW, loaded is right! That's BASE Number 1.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"