millertime24

Went to Eloy

Hi all. I just got back from vacation at AZ. While I was there i got to go out to Skydive Arizona and do a few jumps. All I can say is WOW! Huge place, nice people, ok rental gear, and an all around good time. I highly reccomend to anyone in the Phoenix area to make the hour drive to Eloy and enjoy their skydiving center. That is all.
Muff #5048

Currently sitting in PHX airport waiting for my flight home from my Eloy adventure. Did 9 days of fun! Weather was great, people were super friendly and I give huge props to Eloy and all the staff. It was a little cold in the mornings but I think it was 75 or so each day when it warmed up.

Got to jump the skyvan several times, which was alot of fun. I never had jumped it before. Even did a few exits hanging from the bar under the tailgate! That was a blast.....a must do if you have not done it before.

A big thanks goes out to Ty, Sean, Matt, Jenn and Travis for the sweet ass pics from my last jump..and of course, my first headdown hand dock!! Sorry if i didnt mention everyone, but cant wait to return in january.

Got to jump the skyvan several times, which was alot of fun. I never had jumped it before. Even did a few exits hanging from the bar under the tailgate! That was a blast.....a must do if you have not done it before.

Now that is a good recommendation ... was it hard hanging from the bar under the tailgate?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

We ate at Chilis after, but the landing areas are really soft and quite large. The scenery is beautifull with that big wind tunnel in the background. Traffic isnt too bad as long as you can fly the same pattern as averyone else. You will likely meet jumpers from all over the world and its really cool to jump with them and see what kind of FF style they have. Trust me just all around good time.
Muff #5048

Not hard at all...ask some people there if you have to. But just knee down at the edge of tailgate, look over edge and grab the bar tight. Then rollout the door...watching your handles to not snag....and hang on! Haha

You will see the bar when you walk up into the skyvan. Alot of people have done it there and can give you pointers.....got it on vid. Just have to edit it a little and then maybe post it on skydiving movies or you can do a search there and see if someone has posted that.

have FUN!!:D;)

Buy your own rig before you go;). I had to use a solo 230 and found the canopy ride quite boring. I kinda wanted to use a spectre 210 but they said not with my jump #s.:S

With 37 jumps they where just trying to keep you safe. Eloy's landing area can get very busy and there are many fast canopies every where.

Even did a few exits hanging from the bar under the tailgate! That was a blast.....a must do if you have not done it before.

is this what you mean???(see 43secs into vid)

if it is then that is a big early early days ambition of mine