euser985

How does skydiving affect your lifestyle?

> Not much ... all it takes is all your money and the rest of your life.

Hey Zing! That was going to be my line!

But it really seems to make sense when
you're doing it :-) :-)

Skr

A couple months ago I had an older cousin who had just retired for the Illinois State Police ask me if I have any regrets spending my life on a 'hobby'....:S

I told him, I've traveled the country & the world because of my hobby, I've gotten to jump into 1/2 the major sports stadiums in the US. I have friends from every imaginable walk of life...and I've gotten paid to do a lot of it!

He said, "Yeah but you still act like a teenager and DRESS like a bum!"

I know...THAT'S THE BEST PART! :):$:DB|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

While sitting in boring meetings at work, my mind begins to wander and then I realize that I'm smiling. I walk differently when I think about my last jump. I haven't had many things in life that have been able to make me feel so instantly transported to a "happy place", no matter what is happening in the present. It may have saved my life.

Girls like it my ass ...

If you are still having trouble getting the babes now that you are a skydiver with an astronomical 80 jumps then just hang in there, you will find a sucker (pun intended) eventually.

I love suckers, and puns. So?

He said, "Yeah but you still act like a teenager and DRESS like a bum!"

I know...THAT'S THE BEST PART! :):$:DB|

LOL!

He caught the essence in skydivers!

To the "girls digg skydiver statement": We actually had a skydiver groupie(just one chic) at the small town where our dz is :D but she haven't been seen for the last 5 years, and no, she's not with a skydiver according to my intel.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

she haven't been seen for the last 5 years

Hasn't been SEEN, or hasn't been seen at the dropzone? :o

I'm just sayin'.....;)

um...i think I'll have to go for both there ;)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

If you are still having trouble getting the babes now that you are a skydiver with an astronomical 80 jumps then just hang in there, you will find a sucker (pun intended) eventually.

haha

hey, no trouble with chicks, just with the skydiving topic :)

Skydiving IS my lifestyle

So unfair. :ph34r:

To the poster...you say you're asking the "pros", but I assume you meant those of us with licenses and such.

Let me put it like this.

Any time my girlfriend needs something to use against me it's skydiving.

For example, arguments about money? "You spend a hundred bucks a weekend skydiving, why can't I waste my money too".

Usually she has nothing to use against me and can't find a good reason even when it comes to me skydiving so it's just "You risk you're life jumping out of a f'ing airplane".

Once she crossed the last line and used skydiving against me for the last time. That resulted in her getting the boot out the door. How dare you use something I love against me.

Other than that, the only real effects are a little less money and no time on most Saturdays to do anything else. ;)
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Don't forget the full dental plan after 5000 jumps! B|

And you have to say goodbye to your girlfriend or wife. I said goodbye to mine years ago but she won't leave. She keeps hanging around to see the neat videos and pictures I bring home.

I wouldn't trust her judgement. Look who she married.[:/]
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity