euser985

How does skydiving affect your lifestyle?

I am a non-pro who has done a tandem jump only one time and it was the greatest time of my life, I just loved the adrenaline rush. Im thinking of being a more frequent skydiver. My question to the Pro's is, after so many jumps do you still have that intense feeling of adrenaline? or does it eventually not feel the same anymore? do you think that your life would be the same without it? please give some feedback, thanks.

Well I guess I could actually FINISH answering your question.

The adrenaline rush doesn't go away, you just learn to use it differently.
I have 1070+jumps and I still sometimes get the anxious feeling.

I would be lying if I said it doesn't get better EVERY JUMP. If there was nothing to improve on, if there was no more fun , no more skills to learn I would move onto the next thing in my life.

My life would not be the same without it.
I gave up my friday nights so I can get up early drive 75 minutes to the DZ and jump all day.

I do that almost every weekend. most of the time I do that twice; saturday and sunday.

I am a video/photard so it helps that I make some money to jump. I don't actually take a paycheck I just get to jump for free. On occasion I take enough $ to cover my gas for the week but that still leaves enough money on my account that I don't have to pay out of pocket.

Everything I do is about getting in the sky. I just worked an awesome job opp. and will be a full time skydiver soon with full benefits and an awesome retirement package.(with the USAF)

I met an amazing lot of people in this sport. I went to Australia and felt like I was home...but it was like all my relatives were drunk and slurring their words.:ph34r:

The feeling of freedom is like none I have ever found. Some people find that feeling in video games, some find it in baseball. I find it by getting high, legally.

I enjoy knowing I can do something as safe as I can while others thing it is impossible.

The grace and smooth flying sometimes forgets to come on my jump with me but, in general, I can get where I want when I want and the smile that is thrown on my face doesn't come off easily.

While everyone at my real job whines about how the weekend sucked I smile and tell them about mine.

My photos

My Videos

very well said! =)

For me I simply pay my bills, put off some money for food for the month, the rest goes to skydiving =)

I spent all last winter saveing up to be able to participate in a trainingcamp in deland, florida. I got 122 jumps in 14 days, and it was a awsome! It has really taken over me and I love it!

It might not do the same to you. Some are like me and many others, but there is a large group of funjumpers that just jumps in the weekends to have fun and not to compete or film tandems/do tandems/do AFF.

But something we all have in common: It's freak'n fun! :)

good luck!

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

I personally just started and only have 9 jumps in the last 3 months roughly. I work only as a server, I am also a student going part time and have already spent well over 2 grand in those 3 months on jumping and expences related to it. For me it is a feeling of complete freedom and the rush only seems to become greater as I learn new things

after so many jumps do you still have that intense feeling of adrenaline? or does it eventually not feel the same anymore?

I can't say the adrenal rush goes away, but you learn to harness it so it becomes more of a tool of focus. As with anything, if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, it can get old (believe it or not). The key is to take a break from that particular discipline and try one of the multitude of others this sport has to offer. I'm bad about offering accuracy as the first discipline to challenge one's self. It does not require one to downsize from their "studentish" canopy W/L and will teach one lots more about canopy control on the path to downsizing.

There are so many wonderful challenges and people as you embark on this path, Try greet them all and over the years the question will not be "How does skydiving affect your lifestyle" as much as it will be "How has skydiving affected your life."

Blue ones...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Skydiving IS my lifestyle

Ditto.

I'm broke. I live in a trailer 4-5 days out of the week (during the season). I try to pack parachutes to compensate for the crazy amount of jumps that I do (and I still have no money and a growing balance at the DZ). But..

I've met the most awesome people in the world. I've made friendships that don't compare to some of the friendships I've had for my whole life. I've accomplished a life-long dream of flying. And I've been having the time of my life for the past year and a half.

And it's only just begun...

Girls like it my ass ...

most of them think of you like weirdoes!

I have been in Rock bands, played football all through high school, raced high performance motorcycles not to mention being as cute as a baboons ass.

More than anything, chicks totally dig skydivers.
If you are still having trouble getting the babes now that you are a skydiver with an astronomical 80 jumps then just hang in there, you will find a sucker (pun intended) eventually.
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…