Flacid_Monk

wing loading of 2.45 at 145 jumps

I sounds like you are getting in over your head trying to get in to that kind of wing loading at 145 jumps. Be careful. Also, Some DZO's won't let you jump that rig. You may ask your DZO about it. Like I said, I can't stress enough,,, BE CAREFUL. There are categories here for Training and Safety, Equipment and even safe DZ's to jump at, but I doubt you will find a category for how to get yourself hurt or killed.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I doubt you will find a category for how to get yourself hurt or killed.

Sure you can. It's called Incidents.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I am sure it will open fine. It will fly fast. Just make sure to wear video and get someone to video your landing. Make sure you have plenty of life insurance and that it doesn't exclude skydiving accidents. Make sure all your bills are paid and you have said good bye and anything you wish you would have said to all your friends and loved ones. Ohh and make sure you have video of your landing. oh yeah prepay for your casket and plot/ or urn and cremation.

I have a theory. I cannot prove it. No one shares this theory and it is all mine. I call it the "Percentage Hog Theory". It goes like this. Please follow along as I will not repeat although there is not a test.

USPA has numbers. There are numbers of malfunctions per skydive ratio. There are numbers of deaths per number of skydives made. There are numbers of injuries per USPA member per skydives made. Then there are about 300 some odd Group Member drop zones and these DZs all share in contributing to the stats which supply those numbers. So, in a sense, there is distribution mechanism in place which allots a percentage of malfuntions, injuries and fatalities per drop zone. These are averages over the whole of the drop zone spectrum. Each drop zone has so many skydives per season/year, so many skydivers making these skydives and therefore another average of skydives per skydiver per drop zone.
USPA can tell us on average how many malfunctions per how many skydives per skydiver is likely. How many fatalities per skydives made. But averages are just that. Average. Which means that numbers are not necessarily distributed evenly, just averaged out. Assuming, for illustration purposes only, that each skydiver can expect to have a malfunction on average between 700 and 1,000 jumps. Busier drop zones have more fatalities per season than smaller ones but their percentages might well be similar. Well, every now and then we meet someone who has had, say, four malfunctions in under 100 jumps. That person is a Percentage Hog. If a DZ is allotted 50 malfuntions (100... 150...whatever) in order to satisfy the percentages, and that average is stretched out over all the skydivers at that DZ, and along comes the Percentage Hog. that Hog is taking up all the percentages allotted the DZ. In a sense, that person is doing the rest of us a favor and it is up to the rest of us to identify that person and, while in a spirit of human kindness we should wish the person well, it would also serve us well NOT to educate that person. There is always the remote possibility that what doesn't kill them will make them stronger but let us not dwell on that as it only hurts the rest of us. No. Rather, I propose we simply keep quiet when we I.D. the Hog. Because, frankly, with a robust Hog on the DZ, I can pull low with relative impunity. I can wing load in stratospheric numbers. I can hook, dive and swoop at tree top level and walk away with a smile. A dearth of appropriate Percentage Hogs is a danger to the rest of us. And what with Darwin losing ground as the sport of the sport is ebbing at an outrageous pace, there is a shortage of Percentage Hogs in the wings and the rest of us need to become vigilant, recognizing a good Hog as soon as possible, manifest the poor sucker and watch. Get video.

So load up, pal. I haven't had a good scare in a while. I thank you. My friends thank you. Please come to the Ranch in New York. Things are mellowing out here and it's getting sickening to watch.

The OP is a second username for another poster who was banned as a troll some time ago. FYI.

Oh yeah?
Then I will delete my earlier posts then...
After my back surgeries I have a limited time to be able to sit behind the keyboard, this troll used my valuable time that I use to help those that really need it. I sat here in pain typing, just trying to be of assistance…

Trolls suck... (Not a PA, just a general observation)...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

At 70 jumps it would.

exactly

i've had a theory now for quite a while, which is.........

"statistically speaking,, someone ELSE has to f@%k up, in order for me and you to stay safe".......

which basically means that injuries, and "last jumps" are inevitable...... and of course "saddening AND maddening", but if it's happening to others, it ain't happening to me...or to my friends...

when certain folks ramp UP the likelihood of that sort stuff happening to THEM,,, then statistically speaking it saves others from such fate...

not sure if it applies here,,, since i think the O P is yanking our collective chain...

ANYone with 145 jumps should have learned a long time ago, that wing loading, as quoted here... 2.45... is waaaaaay out of line...

Hell I know very very few CAPABLE canopy pilots who would press to such numbers...

so the simple answer to the O P is
hell NO!!!!! you can't jump that canopy...

Why is common sense, so UN common??

jmy

So load up, pal. I haven't had a good scare in a while. I thank you. My friends thank you. Please come to the Ranch in New York. Things are mellowing out here and it's getting sickening to watch.

What Kim I havent scared you enough swooping sideways over the porch ;););)

yeah dude shit goes wrong in a millisecond and if you decide to take my millisecond I am cool with it...

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

to each thier own...any idiot with good credit can buy a car capable of 130mph or faster, a 16 year old can buy a hayabusa, and someone younger can ride a YZ250 and try a double back, ...the fact that some DZs will stop you from killing yourself and/or someone else, bringing shame to skydiving, and sadness to your mother, is your only chance. get real, get educated, or get dead. got it? >:(

please identify where you will be jumping, for that is where i nor my wife will not be jumping. good day sir.

Can we make a bonfire for him to swoop too?

With a Swoop Pond complete with Aligators in it on the other side of the Bonfire (Good News is the water will put out the canopy and/or clothing that is on fire.....)

Pull up the lawnchairs, beer and popcorn!

Major Dad
CSPA D-579