excel485

Javelin Factory tour??

Anyone ever gone down to Zhills to Javelin and toured the place? I want to go down there and check it out and aslo get measured up while im there. I emailed them off the website 4 days ago or so, and am waiting to hear back. Is that th best way to go about this? Or any suggestions....thanks:)

If I am remember right Sunpath works Monday - Thursday for the factory workers so you need to call them to schedule tours to make sure they will be in when you are there. Sunpath has always been flakey in responding to emails in my experience so if you want a responce call them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sunpath has always been flakey in responding to emails in my experience so if you want a responce call them.

Exactly why I chose to not purchase either of my rigs from them; if they weren't responding to pre-sales questions, how would they manage customer service?
(I'm sure it's fine, yet not willing to take the risk).

I hope you get to see the place, if it's anything like the Rigging Innovations or RWS facilities, it's worth the time for sure!

I bought a tricked out '99 Javelin and got a tour of the place when I did. Derek has an extremely nice facility, well worth the tour.

However, I now jump two Microns... I really like the skyhook and went with RWS when they were the only option... I liked my first one some much that I bought another one a month ago. RWS has quite a nice facility too. :)

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Anyone ever gone down to Zhills to Javelin and toured the place? I want to go down there and check it out and aslo get measured up while im there. I emailed them off the website 4 days ago or so, and am waiting to hear back. Is that th best way to go about this? Or any suggestions....thanks:)

I suggest you go to the Sunrise Rigging factory instead and buy a wings. Good luck getting a response from Sunpath!

I own a Javelin and a Wings and both are quality rigs. Sunpath has been totally unresponsive to my questions and even my desire to get quotes on parts/modifications. Sunrise responded quickly and went above and beyond to help me out!

Why don't you contact both with the same request and see who helps you out! That should give you a good feel for what company you want to do business with!
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I've just shown up there and had a tour, but I do know a number of the staff there, eg Bruce & Melody from the Kenya boogie, Derek from when he comes home to Blighty so perhaps they just fitted me in 'cos they know me.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

A few others report issues with Sunpath, but I have the opposite experience. A year and a half ago, my husband bought a used Javelin with about 100 jumps on it. He had some questions about hardware slippage, and the leg pads needed to be shortened. They were extremely fast about getting back to him via email, they fixed the slippage issue for free, and changed out the leg pads plus upgraded them to the padded kind for a relatively low fee.

I bought a new Javelin, just got it actually. Before I bought, I had shitloads of questions for Dave regarding options and rigging and some other questions about tye dye colors and how it would look. They always responded to my emails within a day, and in several days I had a big envelope of tye dye color swatches to play with in designing my rig.

My only complaint was they didn't send any free stuff with the rig. After spending as much as I did with them, you'd think they'd throw in a t-shirt or something.... I got a spiffy fanny pack from cypres and 2 shirts from PD. I guess it's not much of a complaint though ;)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

No need to schdule a tour. In the winter they usually offer tour times twice a day, Mon - Thur. Atleast that is what we/they did last year. Just give them a call and ask for the tour times, or they might be posted at the DZ, usually at manifest.

Be well

Oh I forgot, they will shut down for a week from the 25th or so thru the 1st, so dont go during the holidays.

i showed up there and got a tour, but i had been traveling across country and someone in texas gave me a bottle of wine to give someone that worked there. showing up with alcohol can't hurt.

When was your tour, maybe I gave it to you? Oh and yes alcohol is always good. Had a dealer from Italy that always brought wine, always looked forward to seeing him.:)
J

Tours are usually conducted in the early afternoon just after lunch. If you phone ahead Sunpath will tell you the best time to come, that way you will be able to spend more time checking the place out and getting measured.

I would be interested to hear which email address people are using and subsequently not getting replies from?! Prompt service and replies are the norm from Sunpath :-)
Kyle Thomas

Tours are usually conducted in the early afternoon just after lunch. If you phone ahead Sunpath will tell you the best time to come, that way you will be able to spend more time checking the place out and getting measured.

I would be interested to hear which email address people are using and subsequently not getting replies from?! Prompt service and replies are the norm from Sunpath :-)

Hey Kyle are you working there now??? Or just answering from the UK?

Whats up man? You gonna make it to SkyFest this year?

This is J

Hey J hows life?

No I am just answering from the UK, just wanted to pass on anythign useful to dad. I'm busy, working my butt off with the RAF :-) I can't really complain nothing like getting paid to fly!

As soon as I can get time free over the skyfest period i'll be there.
Kyle Thomas

Sunpath has always been flakey in responding to emails in my experience so if you want a responce call them.

Exactly why I chose to not purchase either of my rigs from them; if they weren't responding to pre-sales questions, how would they manage customer service?
(I'm sure it's fine, yet not willing to take the risk).

I hope you get to see the place, if it's anything like the Rigging Innovations or RWS facilities, it's worth the time for sure!

I tried to buy a new BOC pouch from Sunpath. They billed my credit card immediately but after 4 months and a follow up email with no response, I still haven't gotten it.

I guess my next rig will be a Wings.