tandemking

Monterrey DZ

I see the Nardi's are once again trying to find a pilot for one of their operations. No wonder. They misrepresent the money, flight hours and just about everything else dealing with the "job". Hey potential jump pilots; If you have the hours they are looking for, go get a "real" job with a regional airline.

I don't know what they offer pilots but with a souped up King Air that get me to 15k in less than 8 minutes and not all that many jumpers, how could you ever get much logged time at that DZ? At least with a slow climber you get some significant time per load.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

All true, but I still like the DZ a LOT. Those views just knock me out and are worth the extra drive as I pass by the sunny Hollister turnoff headed south into marine weather. The Nardi King Air is the fastest climber that I have ever jumped from and that includes Mike Mullins' rocket. Bad for time building pilots but great for impatient jumpers. I actually prefer a lesiurely ride to altitude and miss the old Twin Beech, Lodestar and DC 3 rides. You could actually catch a nap on the way up. I miss Pope Valley DZ too. The good ol days..... I do NOT miss landing the old round surplus canopies, ouch.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

All true, but I still like the DZ a LOT. Those views just knock me out and are worth the extra drive as I pass by the sunny Hollister turnoff

The view sitting next to the door on the 206 certainly made up for the slow climb rate, and I especially liked freefall when the clouds covered the entire sky to the north of the LZ. I just had a lot of drive bys where it wasn't doable.