skinnersone

The Real Wedding Crashers Simply Hilarious

Call me a grumpy old fart...I don't see the humor. I see 3 people doing a demo who have no business doing it...OTOH, maybe they have the rating for the area and just simply screwed up.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Call me a grumpy old fart ... but my lecture on demo jumping always starts with: "The crowd will only remember three things. Did you live? Did you land in the correct stadium? Did you stand up your landing?"

In conclusion, those guys were not very bright to land Stiletto-class canopies - in strong winds - close to turbulence generating trees - close to a busy road - and too close to parked cars.

In conclusion, those guys were not very bright to land Stiletto-class canopies - in strong winds - close to turbulence generating trees - close to a busy road - and too close to parked cars.

Yep... Never a shortage of dumb asses out there eh? [:/]

Wait, did they come from ASC? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have to agree - nothing funny about that.

I already hated the video when the voice over started with his smart-ass comments and annoying "I'm oh so great" kind of voice, but when I saw the skydivers coming in I had to look away every time someone was about to "land".

God that was scary.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Any reports of injuries from this? I agree, not funny.

This happened in Canada years ago, one of the guys busted up his arm pretty bad when he hit the car, but he's still jumping and has made thousands of jumps since the acccident.

I was logged into my work VPN when I tried to access that the first time and it was blocked by the company's filtering because it's 'tasteless'.:S.
I got nuthin

From the posts on skydivingmovies it seems like they had a lot of jumps at the time.

Too bad even at a thousand plus jumps they lacked the foresight and experince to call off the jump.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

That was at least 10 years ago. All three are good jumpers that made a bad decision so the wedding could go on.
The ironic thing is that the car that lost a window wasn't covered by the CSPA third party insurance because she was a CSPA member.
That clip and the wedding video made it on all of the US morning shows.
And yes, it's a good thing they all didn't get seriously wrecked!

Call me a grumpy old fart ...

YOU'RE A GRUMPY OLD FART:P

I thought I may get some flack for my idea of humor. Especially for my lack of jump #'s. Maybe I should have said that it was SIMPLY EMBARASSING rather than hilarious.

My passion is alpine mountaineering so maybe I should have not posted this with the Subject title as such. If you came to SummitPost and posted a video on frostbit climbers I wouldn't have found it humorous at all either.

That said I still think it's at least a little funny;) especially since everyone did walk away. I had my mute on so I didn't hear the commentator who yes was an idiot.

I assumed they were some low jump # divers who were in over their head. Finding out they had 1000+ jumps was a shocker. I don't know the conditions and am not familiar with their parachutes, let alone any rig other than a student, but it didn't appear that windy. The trees were hardly moving.

Who knows what the intended approach was but it appeared that they were choosing to lose altitude relativley fast and the right side parking lot where the intended lz was, which they all missed, was not that small. If it was very windy I didn't see it.