LegallyGirl

what would u do?

You mean locate your buddy, or the hackey? With my old Vector if I couldn't find the handles I'd bounce, with my new Vector depends on whether Cypress is on and working. If I can't locate my buddy, I'd roll over to make sure he's not directly above me and hope for the best when I had to pull.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Your screen name is so upsetting...

Oh wait...this isn't Bonfire.

I'm confused on what you are asking.

Can't pull main? Pull reserve.
Can't pull at all? Pray to the AAD gods.
You don't believe in AAD gods? Make it look good.
Can't find other jumper? Barrel roll to check above you, then pull. Then find a skydiver to jump with you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If I can't locate my buddy, I'd roll over to make sure he's not directly above me and hope for the best when I had to pull.

Please don't roll on the bottom end of your skydive. Just keep tracking as flat and as far as you can while scanning below and to the sides; wave, pitch - let those above you do their job.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm sorry, but we really do not understand your question.
About 1 month ago, Slotperfect said this to you:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3024460#3024460

Re: [LegallyGirl] what you would do?

You have started seven threads since registering a month and a half ago. Four of them ask nearly the exact same question. You have a total of 10 posts, 3 of which are in the Recycle Bin. Four of those posts show an IP match with an existing user.

Stop wasting our time.

I think you are having these problems because it is difficult for you to communicate clearly in English. This is frustrating, for you and for us.

We want you to get the information you need. We have a Spanish forum called "Foro de Salto libre", where you can ask questions and get answers in Spanish. Here is the link:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=29;

I hope this is helpful.

What would you do
If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Would you think about all them people
Who gave up everything they had?
Would you think about all them War Vets
And would you start to feel bad?

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
No, there's a hefty in' fee.
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

What would you do
If someone told you to fight for freedom?
Would you answer the call
Or run away like a little ?
'Cause the only reason that you're here
Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
So maybe now it's your turn
To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a hefty in' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five

I'm sorry I had to.

You mean locate your buddy, or the hackey? With my old Vector if I couldn't find the handles I'd bounce, with my new Vector depends on whether Cypress is on and working. If I can't locate my buddy, I'd roll over to make sure he's not directly above me and hope for the best when I had to pull.

hackey

hackey

Try twice to find it, as long as you are above you decision altitude. No luck? Depending on what you were taught, either pull reserve or cutaway then pull reserve.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Why would it be better to cut away main?

I'm taught to do the emergency procedure which means first cut away the main. But when I was imagining the situation I would go for the reserver without cut away of the main.

If you have problems with your main AFTER you pulled it, yes, then I would cut away, but not when I didn't pull.

Just do what you've been taught. If you want to change anything from that, esp at low jumpnumbers, ask your own instructors.

>> Not your fault, but I feel we've dumbed our sport down enough. At 65 jumps, someone should be capable of and taught to handle emergencies more specifically than one-rote-answer-fits-all. Jeez, how long do people have to keep making worthless moves when all they need to do is pull their damn reserve? I was taught the "right" way from jump 1.[:/]

Just do what you've been taught. If you want to change anything from that, esp at low jumpnumbers, ask your own instructors.

>> Not your fault, but I feel we've dumbed our sport down enough. At 65 jumps, someone should be capable of and taught to handle emergencies more specifically than one-rote-answer-fits-all. Jeez, how long do people have to keep making worthless moves when all they need to do is pull their damn reserve? I was taught the "right" way from jump 1.[:/]

That wasn't aimed specifically at Marlon, more at OP and other newbies in general. In fact I know Marlon he's at my DZ sometimes. I'm not sure what he's been taught, I was taught to just pull reserve if nothing out (how can you be 100% sure about that?), but some DZ's teach otherwise to prevent you from having to think about it. I think newbies shouldn't just implement something they read on the 'net without discussing it first with their own instructors.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

cut away , pull the reserve

I'm not an instructor, but you appear to be a student, so I'm not going to tell you what you should do. Please go and talk to your instructors about this. In particular, ask them whether you should cut away if there's nothing out of the main container.

I'm sorry, but we really do not understand your question.
About 1 month ago, Slotperfect said this to you:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dropzone.com/...post=3024460#3024460

Re: [LegallyGirl] what you would do?

You have started seven threads since registering a month and a half ago. Four of them ask nearly the exact same question. You have a total of 10 posts, 3 of which are in the Recycle Bin. Four of those posts show an IP match with an existing user.

Stop wasting our time.

So...I'm trying to figure out why this user name is still active???...???