tntsawers

Ballon jumping questions

Can any one please give advise on how i can go about doing a ballon jump in either the UK or Germany. I have tried many sites with no joy. I really want to do one in the new year

can any one describe what it feels like? i try to imagine it and just get a weird feeling in my stomach, Is this right??:$

I can't tell you how to get it done in Europe, but I can tell you that it's the best kind of jump there is. You do get that falling feeling, but not as bad as you might expect.

It's quiet at first, then it turns into a normal jump. I've only done one and found that it was not as difficult as I thought.

Depdends on local restrictions. In the US no it is not required, however other places I can't say. Also a DZ that is arranging Ballon jumps may want to limit the people doing the jump because you can't control the "Spot" on a ballon jump
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

:D yeah... and coach / AFF instr. rating... and a pilot license, and good driving record :ph34r: ...

On serious note: 100 jumps is suggested to jump a balloon, this is due to the landing "wherever: :) (Aim for a "open spaces" beware of possible barb wires, that are impossible to see from further than 20 ft.

It wont "fell" that much different from the airplane jump, except that there is no forward speed, it is quite and b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

Check @ your DZ if anyone knows a balloon pilot, Sure enough there someone who does :ph34r:

And have fuuuuuuun :):):) :D
Less Bitching / More Jumping..... Please?

I've done one balloon jump, falling off back to earth looking back up at the balloon. I got the most intense stomach rush feeling like you expect from a roller coaster (a feeling I don't notice when jumping from a plane). I also had a lot of nervous anxiety/butterflies during the climb which added to the excitement.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Is anyone familiar with the balloon operator at SDAZ? I'm making my first trip there in mid January and am interested in making my first Balloon jump. Are they available alot, or generally only on the weekends or at boogies?
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

I love watching how nervous people get when they climb up on the basket to leave the balloon. Its like they are scared they might fall.

I was in the basket once and watched a experienced jumper (600+ jumps), shaking in his boots as he stood on the edge of the basket. I looked at him and said "Step off, then you will be in freefall and you will be happy."

A big grin came over his face and he stepped off.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

Is anyone familiar with the balloon operator at SDAZ? I'm making my first trip there in mid January and am interested in making my first Balloon jump. Are they available alot, or generally only on the weekends or at boogies?

If its mid january, it may be going on everyday due to the canadian invasion going on during that time. Call manifest and ask.
Remster

If its mid january, it may be going on everyday due to the canadian invasion going on during that time. Call manifest and ask.

It'll go up mornings and evenings if the weather conditions are good and there's enough people.

This year's invasion goes from January 4 to January 20, 2008. If you're at the DZ, there should be a sign-up sheet outside manifest. At least there was last year. Come and visit us over at Little Canada if you need to find some more people to get a load going up. Like Remster said, there will probably be a bunch of crazy Canucks hurling themselves off the balloon during those two weeks.

Jumps are at first and last light and generally require virtually no wind or cloud. A light breeze may ground the balloon, so you may be lucky and get up on your first go, or you could get breezed out a couple of times before you get to go. I don't recall seeing any evening loads go up last year - it was all morning loads that I remember. At the very least, morning loads were much more common.

canadian invasion, eh? :ph34r:

Yeah theres a group of us coming from Michigan from the 18th thru the 27th so we might catch you guys there your last couple of days. thanks for the info...

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.