jamiem

First Boogie?

I desperately want to go to a Boogie, but I have no idea which one to go to!

A little background...I have my A license and have 53 jumps (did them in about 4 months) I do a little bit of sitflying, although I know I need a lot of help with it still. Biggest RW I've been on is a 5 way.

I'm in Northern California (home DZ is Lodi). I want to travel someplace else, although I'm hoping to keep it west coast because of cost. I'm looking for something in the summer or autumn months.

Any suggestions?!

I'm a single, 22 year old girl who would probably be going by herself. I want a fun atmosphere, someplace to learn a lot and meet a lot of great skydivers!

Talk to the other jumpers at Lodi as to the Boogies in your area that are good to go to (some are fine for low-timers, others are not). There is also some good write-ups in the safety section of DZ.com on how to survive at Boogies.

Definately travel. I've been to a number of boogies over the years and always meet old friends and meet new ones. Part of the fun of this game.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Perris has a Memorial Day boogie. American boogie in Davis is June 21-24. Lost Prairie is late July, early August. All of the Above boogie is in late August in Molalla Oregon. Just to name a few that I try and hit each year.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I desperately want to go to a Boogie, but I have no idea which one to go to!

A little background...I have my A license and have 53 jumps (did them in about 4 months) I do a little bit of sitflying, although I know I need a lot of help with it still. Biggest RW I've been on is a 5 way.

I'm in Northern California (home DZ is Lodi). I want to travel someplace else, although I'm hoping to keep it west coast because of cost. I'm looking for something in the summer or autumn months.

Any suggestions?!

I'm a single, 22 year old girl who would probably be going by herself. I want a fun atmosphere, someplace to learn a lot and meet a lot of great skydivers!

There will be a good one on the east coast this year, designed specifically with someone with your experience. This year it will have a bit of a twist to it. Hope you can make it.

J

Be Safe

If you don't mind, Chicks Rock is in October. That's in Elsinore, and they put on a mighty fine boogie. ;)

Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Since when does Lodi have 22 year old female jumpers??

I think I might be one of like three there!! Lodi is definitely a male dominated DZ.

As opposed to all the other that are rampant with half naked, nubile beauties?:|:ph34r:
Remster

Since when does Lodi have 22 year old female jumpers??

I think I might be one of like three there!! Lodi is definitely a male dominated DZ.

As opposed to all the other that are rampant with half naked, nubile beauties?:|:ph34r:

you bring up a very valid point. ;)

Although not on the west coast, think about going to Couch Freaks in Fort Dodge, IA during Labor day weekend. Des Moines Skydivers do a great job with it. Very well run and a major blast to boot. Not sure what airfare runs from where you're at to there, but (w/boogie fee) there's free camping, hot showers, free beer 24/7, and you'll be guarenteed to walk away with tons of great memories (just stay away from the low altitude high speed skyvan jumps).

Editted as to not piss off some very hard working and wonderful individuals.

Skydive Iowa does a great job with it.

Although the Skydive Iowa crowd attends, the Des Moines Skydivers might be upset if they read that.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

There always seems to be a good ratio between woman and men at Lodi (inlcuding my wife Morgan) in just about every aspect (CRW, RW, FF, etc). Wait until it starts warming up as several that we know do not like to jump in the cold.....

Chicks rock boogie. Should be a good atmosphere for you, isn't too far away and you'll meet a lot of great people there.

I would definitely recommend the American Boogie at Skydance Skydiving in Davis and the Byron Boogie at Byron if you are looking for near by boogies. I have been to them for the last 3 years and they are always a blast. The people are great and I have never not had anyone to jump with:)

Fly like a girl

Ha, get your jump numbers up and go to the Rocky Point Boogie in Mexico! That was my first boogie and I have not been the same since. It's the last weekend in April. Something screwy always happens to me down there. In fact that is where I got the nickname of Trunk. A few Lodi guys come down each year, grab a ride/flight with them. Oh and watch out for Policia :D (Damn Vegas guys!)

Blue Ones,
-Trunk

HYPOXIC