GoRdOn8619

What age did you start skydiving?

went 4 a tandem with my son for his 20thbirthday. Scared as all the way out to the dz, had second thoughts but went ahead with it. loved it , went back 2 weeks later for another tandem just to make sure did aff 2 weeks after that . Was nearly 50 then now 53 done 150 jumps but still having trouble flying ,so not sure if i'm going to stay with it

As soon as I could legally skydive here in Wisconsin, I did.

Turned 18 (July 4th) and signed up for the next static line class.

I have 68 jumps right now, but it hasn't been jumpable here for a month and a half. Otherwise I'd have upwards of 100 right now.
There's no such thing as free will; everything is dictated by the Uncertainty Principle.

I made my first jump at Livermore CA (Cal Club DZ) at age 18, in 1968. I had been waiting impatiently for five years. I first saw jumping at Calistoga DZ when I was about 13. I HAD to do it ever since seeing those Calistoga skydivers. I was at such an impressionable age. My parents and siblings only wanted to stay to watch one load but I begged them to wait and we stayed for hours. I just thought it was the coolest thing in the entire universe. The jumpers were really nice to me, let me handle some gear, answered a million whuffo kid questions, and earnestly encouraged me to jump with them when I turned 18. I counted the days. I am 58 now and still jump. It is no longer the coolest thing in the entire universe but still damned close. I am really lucky to have jumped in the 60s. It was a different world back then. Many things are better now, like the gear, but there was a non commercial anti authoritarian rebel spirit back then that was unique and I miss it.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

It was a different world back then. Many things are better now, like the gear, but there was a non commercial anti authoritarian rebel spirit back then that was uniqueand I miss it.

I knew it.... I just knew it, that I was born in the wrong year! YEP YEP, I should have been a WWII baby! Hats off to ya Sir!

It was 1330hrs 05JULY1997 SL in Rantoul, Illinois made 33 jumps/landings through 08JULY1999 then it HIT me that I have a few "little" responsibilities that need to be "taken care of" so I sat out til 31JULY2004 to get current for the WFFC (i snuck in)
Money was never an object, i was self employed, there was plenty, but while I was making all that money, that left me with NO Time! I equaled all of my first 9yrs of jumps together last year!
My kid started last year SEPTEMBER, and we hope nah... we WILL be flying together by early summer this year!B|B|
Screw the money,:P screw the time....:P I cant take either with me so I am going to use them both from here on out on more concerts(Ellie), when She gets her A~lic then I told her that I would spring for her USPA LIFE dues, more shopping for shoes/clothes (Molly~She is SO materiallistic...;)) and MORE freakin jumps (ME)....
"Life IS beautiful"....:)
:DD

First jump May 17 1978 ,15 years old ,hung around the DZ for 4 years waiting to turn 16 .packing student rigs etc for plane rides etc.
1st jump outlaw from 7500 foot about a 3 -5 sec delay with a papillon. Coming up on 30 years of jumpin .
Started when I was to young to know any better and now I CAN NOT STOP .
Blue skies ! !
Chuck